1.48 with 0.3.0.4 is fu**ing up client FPS

flow0815

Depending on how many vehicles you have on your server the cause maybe the lack of our vehicle simulation handler as it increases client fps at the cost of server fps and load. This system was disabled so we can test how the Arma 3 netcode has changed with recent patches. This was also to investigate the odd reports of vehicles blowing up as we suspect a bug with the engine regarding vehicle simulation. Please note that if you have a server full of players and most vehicles are simulated this system may just cause extra overhead but providing your not having server fps issues then try by re-enabling the  vehicle simulation handler as mentioned in the changelogs:

[Changed] Disabled Vehicle Simulation Handler by default as it does not seem to be needed anymore. re-enable vehicle simulation handler with simulationHandler = true in epochconfig.hpp.

Well since im banned from mells house teamspeak for some damn reason i have tried with both enabled and disabled it is running like trash with the new 0.3.0.4 i have reverted back to the 0.3.0.3 version with the arma 1.48 updated running and no issues even with the 1.48 update so there is something else wrong awol and tell axle that was very rude of him to do what he did.

So i understand you right? It is good that server has CPU load from 93% with 23 players? So there is no problem with lets say 23 players more? FPS and CPS are great at allt he time. I had no server FPS drops. The CLIENT FPS are bad.

Regards

Well since im banned from mells house teamspeak for some damn reason i have tried with both enabled and disabled it is running like trash with the new 0.3.0.4 i have reverted back to the 0.3.0.3 version with the arma 1.48 updated running and no issues even with the 1.48 update so there is something else wrong awol and tell axle that was very rude of him to do what he did.

My Wifes TS is not the place for you to come get help. These forums are here for your help. My wifes community isn't. It sucks that my admins banned you for joining her community TS and having your server name advertised as your user name. I've already sent you a msg here with a proper TS to join if you have issue that requires our help.

My Wifes TS is not the place for you to come get help. These forums are here for your help. My wifes community isn't. It sucks that my admins banned you for joining her community TS and having your server name advertised as your user name. I've already sent you a msg here with a proper TS to join if you have issue that requires our help.

Ok issue

#1 you cant loot garbage piles now or the containers

#2 had no idea thats your wifes ts.

#3 went to you on your teamspeak and got nothing but pokes from you saying go here to post etc etc

#4 frames are bad with the 0.3.0.4 version.

#5 I didnt come to your wifes ts for help i came to talk with you since this is a community but i really see how its becoming!!

OK.... interesting development for us. 

We decided to wait until Epoch has launched their update before uploading the Arma 3 1.48 onto the server. When we loaded both up the FPS went through the floor. 7 fps for all that logged in. So we rolled back to 0.3.0.3 leaving the Arma update in place. Now only admins have steady low (5 to 20 for those who usually have 30-60) FPS and players have, for the most part, an acceptable FPS but with major drops seemingly randomly.

I assume the above fix won't help if we've rolled back to 0.3.0.3?

We're going to be having a look at it again in the morning. But I think there's multiple issues going on here.

For those that are getting the FPS drops, are you running infistar as we are?

We got FPS Drops with and without Infistar. We are runing 0.3.0.3 (0.3.0.4 is not playable) at this moment and when a player is nearly some buildingparts the FPS goes straight down. We disabled all scripts and it doesnt goes better. We think its a problem with Arma 1.48 and 0.3.0.4

Upgraded my vanilla arma3/epoch server, default EpochAH (no infinistar), same high FPS server and client side as before.    Removed all original files, and used new install files, then used diff tools to re-apply my settings.

Had to add a line to BE filters to accommodate opening doors.

Interesting. I have a identical script setup on Altis, Cherna and Bornholm. Altis and Cherna running fine (with and without Infistar). On Bornholm I have very low client FPS and the A3 Client crashs. Forcing the simulation handler on, the client FPS are OK. However, It still crashs. Even with simulation handler enables teh FPS go down. I think this is the normal known "Bornholm FPS Problem". Removing Infistar stop the client crashs, however I don't think Infistar is the cause, cause it is running fine on the other 2 servers.

I just wonder why my setup crash's on Bornholm, while running fine on Altis and Cherna. But I don't have time to investigate at the moment.

This bug is so strange, cause it seems to be related to the viewing angle...

This video was taken without Infistar and without epoch AH. Enabled Force Simulation. Client and Server FPS readable in the bottom line.

BR

Rob