0.3.0.4 build 1 are you seeing this?

DirtySanchez

idle character animations jittery caused by these most likely

16:54:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr2/States/AmovPknlMevaSrasWpstDr.InterpolateTo: Bad move AmovPknlMsprSlowWpstDf_AmovPpneMstpSrasWpstDnon
16:54:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr2/States/AmovPknlMevaSrasWpstDl.InterpolateTo: Bad move AmovPknlMsprSlowWpstDf_AmovPpneMstpSrasWpstDnon
16:54:19 Warning: looped for animation: a3\anims_f\data\anim\sdr\idl\knl\stp\low\rfl\aidlpknlmstpslowwrfldnon_g02.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: aidlpknlmstpslowwrfldnon_g02
16:54:19 Warning: looped for animation: a3\anims_f\data\anim\sdr\idl\knl\stp\low\rfl\aidlpknlmstpslowwrfldnon_g02.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: aidlpknlmstpsraswrfldnon_g02
16:54:21 No default vars in bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr2/States/Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part1.variantsPlayer
16:54:21 No default vars in bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr2/States/Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part2.variantsPlayer
16:54:21 Warning: looped for animation: a3\anims_f\data\anim\sdr\idl\knl\stp\low\rfl\aidlpknlmstpslowwrfldnon_g01.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: aidlpknlmstpslowwrfldnon_g01
16:54:21 Warning: looped for animation: a3\anims_f\data\anim\sdr\idl\knl\stp\low\rfl\aidlpknlmstpslowwrfldnon_g01.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: aidlpknlmstpsraswrfldnon_g01

Having severe performance issues client side.  Had some crashing initially but I moved the mod load order around and put Epoch first and I can at least get in the server.  My client FPS hovers around 15 though.  Also got issues with flickering textures and bodies that want to contort into odd shapes.  

Same... I am running a Crossfire configuration and right now I am completely unplayable. It doesn't matter how low I set my graphics, it's like a massive resource leak that takes only about a minute to go downhill completely. My avatar twitches all around inside his armor.

Sounds like 1.48 might have a few more bugs than we do. We will do what we can as far as Epoch is concerned, Unless proven other wise these graphical glitches need reported to BI: http://feedback.arma3.com/view_all_bug_page.php (Search for like issues first!) I can say we do not get them on our test servers.

Also keep in mind that our vehicle simulation handler may still improve client FPS but at the cost of server FPS.

[Changed] Disabled Vehicle Simulation Handler by default as it does not seem to be needed anymore. re-enable vehicle simulation handler with simulationHandler = true in epochconfig.hpp.

Sounds like 1.48 might have a few more bugs than we do. We will do what we can as far as Epoch is concerned, Unless proven other wise these graphical glitches need reported to BI: http://feedback.arma3.com/view_all_bug_page.php (Search for like issues first!) I can say we do not get them on our test servers.

Also keep in mind that our vehicle simulation handler may still improve client FPS but at the cost of server FPS.

[Changed] Disabled Vehicle Simulation Handler by default as it does not seem to be needed anymore. re-enable vehicle simulation handler with simulationHandler = true in epochconfig.hpp.

My server is still on Epoch 0.3.0.3 but the server is running Arma 1.48 and I'm not having any graphical glitches or performance problems so far.

My server is still on Epoch 0.3.0.3 but the server is running Arma 1.48 and I'm not having any graphical glitches or performance problems so far.

We upgraded to 1.48 and 0.3.0.4 and after all the problems have rolled back to 0.3.0.3....bringing most of the problems with us.  :(

I suggest you don't upgrade yet! 

We upgraded to 1.48 and 0.3.0.4 and after all the problems have rolled back to 0.3.0.3....bringing most of the problems with us.  :(

I suggest you don't upgrade yet! 

Don't have much of a choice, Steam Workshop has made it so you have to upgrade or have all your players pinging you every 5 minutes because Steam already upgraded them and they can't get to their stuff.

Well i did try out the new epoch version but it was not nice and very non playable i was running the 1.48 also so we reverted back to 0.3.0.3 and the only thing i can tell is there is a little lag  which wasnt there before the 1.48 update but it seems to me that both sides are messed up and to be honest once again very few things were changed again turn vehicle simulation to true to test it out ha<<<<<<<<< thats what a test server is for plus your rpt before you send out this bug date oh i mean update, i have tried to come to yall about the issue and offer some help i have found alot of script errors from the epoch pbo and have just tried to be nice about it but when you guys just ignore the community , now i no yall all have jobs, yall all have a family , and your doing this for free i thank you for that but if your ever going to get this mod done and completed and not release a update that is a total system melt down i think you guys really need more help then what you have just my 2 cents.

Well i did try out the new epoch version but it was not nice and very non playable i was running the 1.48 also so we reverted back to 0.3.0.3 and the only thing i can tell is there is a little lag  which wasnt there before the 1.48 update but it seems to me that both sides are messed up and to be honest once again very few things were changed again turn vehicle simulation to true to test it out ha<<<<<<<<< thats what a test server is for plus your rpt before you send out this bug date oh i mean update, i have tried to come to yall about the issue and offer some help i have found alot of script errors from the epoch pbo and have just tried to be nice about it but when you guys just ignore the community , now i no yall all have jobs, yall all have a family , and your doing this for free i thank you for that but if your ever going to get this mod done and completed and not release a update that is a total system melt down i think you guys really need more help then what you have just my 2 cents.

Considering the very small size of the dev team and the fact that we are getting to enjoy EPOCH WAY before they planned on releasing it because we all said we could handle it I think the dev's are doing a pretty dam good job. I have bug reported stuff in the past as well and got minimal response back, however they can sit and deal with helping admins all day with what is already out or they can be trying to get the thing to beta for us. I prefer the path they have chose.

This FPS issue is also happening on my servers...

I logged a tracking issue here, but I see Vbawl already commented on this thread... https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/issues/328

Since there is a chance this is an Epoch 0.3.0.4 issue + Arma 1.48 issue, how are people launching their servers?

Let me start first... :)  Granted this worked flawlessly with Epoch 0.3.0.3 + Arma 1.46:

start /wait arma3server.exe "" "-mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;" -profiles=%SERVER_PATH% -cfg=%SERVER_PATH%\basic.cfg -port=2542 -config=%SERVER_PATH%\config.cfg -malloc=tbbmalloc -nosplash -skipintro -world=empty

I do use a custom memory allocator... thus the '-malloc=tbbmalloc' parameter.  https://github.com/fred41/tbbmalloc_arma

Who's next, and who has ideas?  I will continue to experiment.

I was playing on BTK a couple hours ago and it seemed to be okay, except for the character jittering bit, which I only noticed when I laid prone.  Oh, and for some reason I wasn't getting environmental sounds, I couldn't hear it raining.

However, we ran Esseker on our own server and, after installing the server build fix, I was still not getting any environmental sounds for some reason.  Couldn't hear rain, wind, etc.  I could hear myself running, gun fire... and then every time I looked and zoomed in a certain direction my game would completely freeze up.  Loaded everything up in the editor, I could hear the environmental sounds, but I was still freezing when I looked in that same direction and zoomed in.  I was at the airfield and I believe I was looking W or SW.

*edit*

Oops  well there's the sound issue, still the freezing that's baffling me.

This FPS issue is also happening on my servers...

I logged a tracking issue here, but I see Vbawl already commented on this thread... https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/issues/328

Since there is a chance this is an Epoch 0.3.0.4 issue + Arma 1.48 issue, how are people launching their servers?

Let me start first... :) Granted this worked flawlessly with Epoch 0.3.0.3 + Arma 1.46:

start /wait arma3server.exe "" "-mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;" -profiles=%SERVER_PATH% -cfg=%SERVER_PATH%\basic.cfg -port=2542 -config=%SERVER_PATH%\config.cfg -malloc=tbbmalloc -nosplash -skipintro -world=empty
I do use a custom memory allocator... thus the '-malloc=tbbmalloc' parameter. https://github.com/fred41/tbbmalloc_arma

Who's next, and who has ideas? I will continue to experiment.

Side note: I tried disabling the custom memory allocator I run, but the FPS issue remains...