Epoch Server Help/question

randall421

Question

I recently decided to re-open an ArmA 3 server for Epoch so I rented a VDS and installed arma pretty much following these instructions: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-server-on-a-dedicated-server&p=2401936&viewfull=1#post2401936

I then installed Epoch 0303 and it's set up exactly how I had it a few months ago but now I can not load in. I won't even make it to the lobby. The console seems to get stuck on "Mission Epoch mod read from bank". It will just repeat that over and over again every second in the console window and anyone trying to join will get stuck at the loading screen before you reach the lobby.

I should add that when I remove epoch, I can join and play the server just fine. I was hoping someone on here might have an idea what I did wrong and be able to help me out a bit. 

4 answers to this question

Ok it is a problem with the database. I noticed when I start redis and the server, it's not creating the .dump file (the database) so I'm guessing that it's not connecting to the database for some reason and that's what's causing the "epoch mod read from bank" issue. I checked the config.cfg and basic.cfg for typo's or missing  comma's or quotations and everything looks good. I went back and checked with my old server files and the only thing that was different was the amount of memory I was using with redis so I just increased the memory on the server and set redis from 2gb to 4gb but it didn't help.

I just wiped everything, I'm going to start from scratch again and see if I have better luck. Maybe I'll pick up on the error as I'm loading everything in. I'm stumped right now. I've done this 100 times before and didn't have these problems, i can't figure out what it is that i'm missing this time.

I have the server up and running now. Still not sure what the problem was. I wiped the whole thing and started from scratch and this time it started right up. I'm guessing there was a typo somewhere and I just couldn't spot it. Thanks for the help guys.