Fastpointgaming Server Provider

Randomuser5050450494

Fastpoint gaming was once praised for their support but since I would say July 4th give or take a couple of days it all stopped. They aren't very reliable. My server has been down for the past 2 weeks. I've lost all my player stats via Game Tracker. My players have switched to other servers. I can't put in a ticket because they wont respond. I prepaid for their services. (which was stupid) I'm am making this post to warn people. I don't have any access to my files and no ETA for when it will be up. Now this doesn't sound like a lot or a long time but when you're a small server trying to get your name out there it can be devastating. DO NOT HOST YOUR SERVER THROUGH FASTPOINT GAMING!!!

So I have bought an ARK:SE server from FPG, at the start there were some issues (They didn't pay for TCAdmin or something like that so we couldn't access the control panel - it was resolved in a day or two), after that there server went down once or twice for a day but since then everything seemed to be working perfectly - low ping, no lag.

So I have decided to pay for another month and... I have been charged twice and everything suddenly broke down the next day - server is offline since then, I cannot access the files through FTP and no information about the situation at all. I've lost all of the players, game saves and money.

They have deleted their Facebook account, when you try to access their Forum it says "Account Suspended" - so they deleted the forum aswell, when I visited it before it was taken down it was full of negative reviews, servers being offline for days. 

The only way of contacting them seems to be Twitter seeing as they answered someone who asked if he can get a host located in UK.

Below you can see them recommending their new ARK host service on http://arkservers.co.uk/, like are you kidding me?

Here are few complaints on Twitter: https://twitter.com/search?q=fastpointgaming&src=typd

I have already requested a refund through PayPal, hope I will get my money back as they simply stole it.

TL;DR

Stay away from FastPoint Gaming.

Hey guys, I have opened a little ticket with paypal and hopefully get my money back. I want to take this a step farther, I know FPS is from the UK. My question is does the UK have any kind of consumer protection like reporting agency you can go to if companies rip you off? I know the USA has a better business bureau is there a UK equivalent to it? I have noticed FPS made a new website and they are hosting ARK servers well who's to say they wont do this again? 

I had an ark server with them for about 8-10 weeks and built up a nice player base then one day my server went offline with the server status as Unknown, put a ticket into their support section and never got a reply until i started a paypal dispute and then got a message off Shannon who said that Ricky, the site owner had a breakdown and that Shannon would deal with any issues i had. Well no further support was offered and access to my server was stopped meaning that i had no access to any of my files to move my player base to another server. I then recieved an email from http://www.Arkservers.co.ukoffering me another ark server at a reduced cost but no mention that it was the same guy running that, that also ran Fastpointgaming but posts on here made me look into them and noticed on the whois that its the same person running Arkservers.co.uk that also ran Fastpointgaming.

His forum was full of other server admin complaining about the lack of support to tickets submitted and maybe that's why the forum was taken offline. I'd advise anyone thinking of getting a server from this cowboy to think again as it will cause nothing but grief.

Also if you had a server that went offline, just file a paypal dispute and you should be refunded as paypals fraud team are fully aware of whats happening over there as i have had email comms with them regarding this matter...

Same shoes as you guys had a arma epoch server and ark server of them, no reply for weeks.

I don't believe that person' shannon' had any right to even give out that info so its most probley a lie that she was told to say, you would never say that from a business perspective.

Thanks for linking the thread. I have switched server hosts. Only problem now is getting the files I paid to have someone add. I have sent them a link to this thread hopefully some negative PR does them well. 

Always put your files in a version control.

Bitbucket for example. Just my 2 cents.

They are there as they offered their support at the time . Something that is reviewed on a regular basis. A little busy over here at the moment ;)

Just because they responded to you doesn't mean they wont respond to all the other players. You dont host a server with them. To them you are a potential customer. Once they get your money they go silent ask the ARK people lol. I can show you my list of unanswered tickets if needed bro :). I have about 10 unanswered tickets all from different days.