How do you use a map thats packed in another addon?

SteYou2014

How do you use a map on your server that is packed inside another mod? For instance, on A3 Launcher there is "All In Arma Terrain Pack" ... I hear within this mod, there are a few maps.  Or would I have to unpack them map out of AiA TP and use it as something seperate? ie- The map would count as an unlisted mod on A3 Launcher and get my server de-listed even though they list AiA TP

You are overcomplicating it. There can be multiple terrains packed inside single @mod, as long as both server and client launches their game with this mod in params, you can play any map included you want.

To select the map, you'd only have to adjust your config.cfg to match your mpmissions you are using under class missions {};

This still means you'd have to create mission for this map. Some people around forums are creating and sharing missions for different maps, some are supported officially by devs themselves.

You guys still packaging your mpmissions? I find that weird practice with less benefits than unpacked.

Anyway, short answer is yes. If Winter thirsk is part of @AiA mod (never looked at it) and your clients has easy means by obtaining, then sure. Your clients will be launching @Epoch;@AiA to be able to access your server.

On server side, params are similar and for mpmissions, you would have to create new mission that has all the spawn points, traders and all that cool stuff. Search around, see if someone already has done that, if not, you'll have to make mission yourself.

Compressing your mission file with Mikero not only reduces file size, reduced overheads, network usage, it also will show if there's an error in file structure.

The last part, yes. Rest are just bald claims :)

Server still makes a pbo to be sent to clients