Lift with all helis bugged?

flow0815

Hi,

don't sure if this is a bug because we had this issue not from the start (but i didn't change a thing to vehicle behaviour nor i installed something like that).

Many player report that they can lift vehicles. After they are flying about 2 km the vehicle falls of the heli.

Wonder why this happens now and not from beginning. So if nobody has this else it is not a bug.

Anybody?

regards

Yeah seems not to happen to all player and not everytime but since a few days more and more report that. Have to lift myself more to check. Seems a bit random. Maybe lifting to fast or to much weight or such? Could that be? Is the physics "so powerful" to have such features in it?

it works perfectly fine for me ... 2 ways this could happend as i see it ...

1. you just installed infistar anthack and did not read through all the settings.
  2. you stole a script without knowing it deletes ropes.

3. they accidently hit space or the scrollwheel in some incredible strike of bad luck and hit unhook vehicle :)

it works perfectly fine for me ... 2 ways this could happend as i see it ...

1. you just installed infistar anthack and did not read through all the settings.
  2. you stole a script without knowing it deletes ropes.

Halv i have bought infistar a year ago for Altis Life and also for Arma 2 Epoch but i dont use it in arma 3 and i never would steal a script or such.

I tested it on my own and i have no problem at all. Other tell me after about 1km they fly  the lifted vehicle gets stuck in the air and the rope is cut

Best bet is to get testing.

Recreate the bug on your own end, if you can't then ask them to recreate it for you.

once established you can get it to bug out, get a test server running with base epoch mission file and work through your scripts, when you add in a script and can recreate it successfully, you have found your problem.

I know it's a lot of work but happy community means happy server owner!

Dirty i just wondered because it happend WITHOUT doing any updates, inserts or such...

Ok so it happened with default epoch with no addon pbos in the epoch hive folder?

No addon mods loaded with Epoch?

And the default mission file provided by epoch?

If so bug report it, epoch and bis, provide your server side rpt as well as

client side rpt for the one that recreated the bug.

Okay happens more often now and now also to another admin. You fly with a car attached. Then the vehicle gets stuck in the air. The ropes are getting longer and then they are cut of. The vehicle drops to the ground then. No idea what this is

i would have understood it if you had one of those hosts, this is a bit wierd ...

to me it sounds like desync, since the ropes always break if you teleport with an object attached with ropes.

this makes me think it could possibly be the epoch antihack reverting a false teleport or it could be either something with your rig or your server.cfg/basic.cfg causing massive desync so the entire server suffers.

but who knows, it could be anything really ... have you checked redis for ah logs and such?

Yeah this is the problem, could be anything :)

Thanks for your time halv. Appreciate that a lot. Here is our basic.cfg (100mbps connection)

language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1.000000;
Resolution_W=800;
Resolution_H=600;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
MinBandwidth = 78643200;
MaxBandwidth = 104857600; 
MaxMsgSend = 512; 
MaxSizeGuaranteed = 512; 
MinErrorToSend = 0.002; 
MinErrorToSendNear = 0.02; 
MaxCustomFileSize = 0;  

The logs in redis don't tell that much. I never got something important in there. The only thing which could be of teleporting are those entries (i don't know when they appear)

2015-07-12 21:39:45 XXXXXX(>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>): [TEST] TP from [12670.3,8422.34,0.0347594] to [12670.4,8422.2,10.1029], 10 meters, now at [12670.4,8422.2,10.1029]

But at the time the heli gets stuck, no additional logs are saved to redis. So my buddy told me when he car is tuck in the air, he stops driving forward. After 2-3 seconds the car is "unstuck" and he flies on. Strange....

Some numpty scrolling on the "Unhook" option ;)

Sorry my english is not the best. Do you think this happens wenn submenu is open during flight? The menu where "unhook" is displayed? My buddy says he does not play with menu and it is closed.

The logs in redis don't tell that much. I never got something important in there. The only thing which could be of teleporting are those entries (i don't know when they appear)

2015-07-12 21:39:45 XXXXXX(>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>): [TEST] TP from [12670.3,8422.34,0.0347594] to [12670.4,8422.2,10.1029], 10 meters, now at [12670.4,8422.2,10.1029]

But at the time the heli gets stuck, no additional logs are saved to redis. So my buddy told me when he car is tuck in the air, he stops driving forward. After 2-3 seconds the car is "unstuck" and he flies on. Strange....

pls check if these occur when it happends and see if its registered as a telport.

configs are individual per machine, if thats the problem i suggest you google how to set it in a good way and play around with the numbers a bit.