More building parts, more info from devs, more updates

maxud

We need more building parts like ladders, roofs and cinder walls with small door. More building parts to customize our bases, to make them more comfortable. Golems, poppies and strange ferris is not what we want, that things cause misunderstanding and outrage. We don't know what's going on with mod, no future update information, no work-in-progress data from developers in twitter or somewhere else. We have some problems with snapping and building on water and no one knows when this bugs can be fixed. Can you communicate with us more frequently and hear our problems? Epoch is the game about PVP and basebuilding, whether you like it or not. This mod become a main military game for groups of players. Just give us more possibilities and variety, we do not need mystical creatures, zombies, earthworms or something like that. That creatures only disturbing players that take a part in tactical fight with other players. I'm sorry for the harshness and candor, this opinion is not only mine but also of my friends, we played ARMA and Epoch very long and don't want to watch as this mod dying from indifference of developers.

What about reading about the development in the "Announcement"-part of the forum?

I see changelog, but i don't see real changes in the game neither the roadmap of upcoming core features. Something that is not finetuning or error-checking.

What about reading about the development in the "Announcement"-part of the forum?

My post is not about balancing or minor changes in spawntable, that was announced, oh my god, a month ago. Even here I see a lack of understanding.

We need more building parts like ladders, roofs and cinder walls with small door. More building parts to customize our bases, to make them more comfortable.

I think we need a few very well optimized (with regards to function) building parts and that such things should be left until later in the mods development.

Golems, poppies and strange ferris is not what we want, that things cause misunderstanding and outrage.

My understanding on the Ferris wheel is as follows (hope to be corrected if I am wrong) was to test how the game would react to a dynamically spawned large moving object. As for the poppy field, I have no idea.

Now the Rock Golem, this poor guy gets a lot of hate but I like it, and as I will mention below with twitch.tv was interesting to see Axeman test and tinker with him, what his purpose was I don't know. However I think people would have loved it if he was re-skinned to be some kind of Mecha Vladamir Putin that rises from the seas (think Godzilla) and causes havoc on the shoreline.

We don't know what's going on with mod, no future update information, no work-in-progress data from developers in twitter or somewhere else.

On the home page of this website: http://epochmod.com/index.php  we see many links to twitch.tv which is a fantastic way to interact with the devs and also see what's going on with the mod.

We have some problems with snapping and building on water and no one knows when this bugs can be fixed. Can you communicate with us more frequently and hear our problems?

The snapping issue is an interesting one, I can avoid it 99% of the time by remembering how I was oriented when placing the first floor/wall. Building over water should be viable if foundations can be placed. (although I have not attempted it)

Epoch is the game about PVP and basebuilding, whether you like it or not.

No, Epoch is a modification for the military sandbox that is ArmA3 and serves as a platform for server owners to run a customizable and persistent survival scenario.

This mod become a main military game for groups of players. Just give us more possibilities and variety, we do not need mystical creatures, zombies, earthworms or something like that. That creatures only disturbing players that take a part in tactical fight with other players.

This mod is not in a state to be anyone's "main military game" there is not enough to occupy yourself with without the game/server becoming one huge race to make the game just like Day Z Epoch but in ArmA3.

I'm sorry for the harshness and candor, this opinion is not only mine but also of my friends, we played ARMA and Epoch very long and don't want to watch as this mod dying from indifference of developers.

Don't worry, it's the internet. Everything posted on the web at least sounds sarcastic.

That's a great link but it doesn't help this thread out since the information there is almost a month old and still lists 0.3.0.2 as I progress with no due date.....

I will have to agree with the OP about lack of info for the general public.

The owners.coders see a lot more than the public with our updating and ritual perusing of these forums and we try to pass on this info for our community but as of late I feel most of us owners are keeping low profile because we are being trampled on with lack of news and fixes for epoch and now a month of Armas memory leak, which no one is talking aboutand we have nothing left to tell our communities except be patient.

Read my "looking forward to milestone 0.4" thread in Gen discussion.

Truth be told the official only 0.3 update for over a month and now the 3 weeks of experimental 0.3.0.4 is what's killing population. The players don't care about official servers, we all know this for 6 months now. So why keep the updates from the non official servers? Not ready for it? That's bs this is an alpha mod and you will get more help and bug reports if you do what's right and open it up like it was last December, I'm kinda passed off that I'm watching the slow death of the mod I love the most

Truth be told the official only 0.3 update for over a month and now the 3 weeks of experimental 0.3.0.4 is what's killing population. The players don't care about official servers, we all know this for 6 months now. So why keep the updates from the non official servers? Not ready for it? That's bs this is an alpha mod and you will get more help and bug reports if you do what's right and open it up like it was last December, I'm kinda passed off that I'm watching the slow death of the mod I love the most

0.3.0.4 is ready to roll, Awol is waiting for Bi to push 1.48 before releasing due to the animation crash.

I've not had an update for about a week or so now, usually we get 5 or more daily.

Yeah Richie, I know these things cause I follow Epoch through the WORMHOLE!

But the public doesn't see this and this is why these people are here just to say it.

And when the general public doesn't see these things they think the devs aren't doing anything.

I mean just step out of your own shoes bud, remember you are Official and you are a MOD, so you see many different facets of Epoch that the public doesn't.

Im sure you guys will rehash this and come up with a single locked post to update that one only instead of the many announcement threads that make it confusing as to which is the latest and where they are.

Even the link Frink sent shows that the info on Epoch was old and not updated.....

Don't get me wrong, IM NOT COMPLAINING, I love epoch and its progress but the public is putting pressure on the server owners too.

It seems as of late, most server owners are themselves playing survival in real life.

Info: population only at 20 max this week and still climbing ranks.....not good in terms of epoch popularity

And when they release new content that makes an impact, most people come running back. A new hyped game comes out and they hop on that. Back and forth we go. It's not dying, its a mod created by people who have enough integrity to know they aren't just going to stop working on it just because it isn't game of the month. It is, still, in alpha, as we all should know, but few seem to comprehend. People seem to assume they should be able to drop dayz Epoch, uninstall Arma 2, and pick up where they left off and then some. It doesn't work like that. I'm not really worried about running a server because I don't think it's worth the hassle yet. Kudos to you guys that are successful in running one and keeping any kind of numbers, you're doing a great job. But there can only be a few populated servers right now, and its a given that numbers are going to fluctuate throughout the patches.

These guys are working on their time, not ours. Donating should definitely help keep their spirits up. Bug testing is a big help, and its obvious to me they consider a lot of everyones suggestions. But they're still on their own time and they obviously started this project out of passion, not on the teetering expectations of others.

I still don't think most people understand how many people are actually working on Epoch, and then some even come in here comparing it to games developed by a full, funded team.