Elevator Script for Players and Vehicles [WIP/Prototype]

Axe Cop

Is there a way, i can make a 6X6 steel heli pad and then activate them all at once to lower?

Well I have said it many times in this thread.. in theory yes, but it would desync if you combine multiple objects and move them together.

That is a limitation of the scripting stuff, you could do that with a proper 3d model but that can not be done with scripting alone, you need a custom mod (change the Epoch client files)..

• 2 weeks later...

hey man this is very good script thanks a lot..

1 problem for me is.

am running epoch panthera and i build the elevator but wen i get to the stop and want to go back down i stay on the top. the metal floor in your vidoe kinda goes transparant but mine does not and i just stay standing there while the elevator goes down again

ok yes it has to be a preview but i have 1 more problem

at line 466 there is a list "dayz_allowedObjects", just add "MetalFloor_Preview_DZ" to that list and copy the file to your mission folder as usual (the file is referenced in the init.sqf). if you don't want to do that just replace the stop class with this config variable:

i do not see any form of dayz_allowedObjects lists at all

well almost :D

if you do that you overwrite the original list and epoch will delete everything but the "MetalFloor_Preview_DZ", so maybe not what you want :P

you need to add it to the list, you can do that by adding it like the other items in the SAME list or do it like this

dayz_allowedObjects = dayz_allowedObjects + ["MetalFloor_Preview_DZ"];

after the assignment of dayz_allowedObjects, so that is important if you do it like this you need to be sure it is at the correct place, you can also put the code in your init.sqf or in another file without changing the variables.sqf at all.. if you prefer that.

I put in the variables but it did not work so wrong place.

I can put it on the init.sqf in my mpmissions folder? That would be much better cause this is givin me headaches lol.

Do I put the double code into the init.sqf?

Also do I just put it at the bottom of my init.sqf?

Thanks a lot man

I put in the variables but it did not work so wrong place.

I can put it on the init.sqf in my mpmissions folder? That would be much better cause this is givin me headaches lol.

Do I put the double code into the init.sqf?

Thanks a lot man

yeah you can put that line in your init.sqf in your mpmissions folder.

just be careful where you put it in, it has to be after 

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";

obviously, a little programming skills might be helpful if you mess around with the script files. :)

if u have done that and did u put the elevator file into your mpmissions folder?

if so make sure they are named right..make sure the execute is telling the server to look for the right file...

["elevator"] execVM "elevator\elevator_init.sqf"; = your folder would be in the same position of your init.sqf + admin tools (if u have) + custom folders and your folder would be called [evevator] without brackets ofc :)

if that is all correct im not sure why it is not loading it