Question about sever hosting

gothraven

Who the host is makes no difference, file location might vary but the files are still the same.

NOT True , for instance , check out Fastpoint Gamings forum ATM , the ship sank ..... , so it makes a big difference !!! :blink:

Who the host is makes no difference, file location might vary but the files are still the same.

Yeah, provider do matter, with some of them ALOT.

Other than that its the same files so no biggie.

I usually keep a clone of the server locally for testing and editing and then just upload them to the FTP using FTPRush.

NOT True , for instance , check out Fastpoint Gamings forum ATM , the ship sank ..... , so it makes a big difference !!! :blink:

I meant that no matter what host you went with the files are the same, so epoch.Altis from Swiftnode will be the same file as say FastPointGaming, server performance is different and not what the OP asked about.

i was just wondering because like i said i just started getting a sever thrue swiftnode and im ok with script editing but idk seems messed up caz last night all i did was try and change my server name and turn the admin menu on and my whole server shit the bed

I meant that no matter what host you went with the files are the same, so epoch.Altis from Swiftnode will be the same file as say FastPointGaming, server performance is different and not what the OP asked about.

i was just wondering because like i said i just started getting a sever thrue swiftnode and im ok with script editing but idk seems messed up caz last night all i did was try and change my server name and turn the admin menu on and my whole server shit the bed

^^p

Post your config.cfg (It might be called something else) and show where you changed the server name, you might of missed the quote or semi-colon

Also post your epochah.hpp, most people make mistakes editing that, add your PID and i'll check it :)

^^p

I still don't see your point here :unsure: maybe if you weren't so vague.

What does FastPointGaming forum going offline have to do with the OPs questions ?

Op send a message on these forums to Liam from swiftnode, they are a friendly bunch and Im sure they will help you.. the problem is probably as Richie said, a little thing like a missing or misplaced comma.

And to the others in this thread, the gui from swiftnode (and others) shows the same file structure as you would have on your dedi, only its not a dedi and you have to use their built-in FTP to download then edit files before uploading.

The ship hasn't sank at FastPointGaming.

Ricky is in a bad place for personal reasons at the moment, we are eagerly awaiting his return at which point a lot of rebuilding will be in order.

The ship hasn't sank at FastPointGaming.

Ricky is in a bad place for personal reasons at the moment, we are eagerly awaiting his return at which point a lot of rebuilding will be in order.

You might try mentioning that when responding to support tickets instead of saying you are dealing with it when clearly there is only one person who can and they are not able to, perhaps then people may have a little more tolerance I am sorry Ricky is having a rough time but the ship has sailed for me.