[Release] Pick 10 Spawn system

MrShix

Ok so its my first time posting so hey I guess.

Soo here's the idea you give your players a choice of what they can spawn with. Now that being said its not like the normal select a class system. This way it gives players a chance to customize it a little bit without it getting to OP. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muYPL-nUs00

Anyway there's the basic functionality and everything.I have only been coding for a few weeks so there probably is allot better ways to do some of the things I have done.

If you want to use it you can download it here :https://www.dropbox.com/s/9623i3f0bf0flyy/Pick10.zip?dl=0

INSTALL

(please note I use ESSv2 so my install notes are for people that are using that)

1.move the "Pick10" folder in to your mission folder 

2.in description.ext at the bottom add 

#include "FolderLocation\Pick10\Shix_Defines.hpp"
#include "FolderLocation\Pick10\ShixPick10.hpp" 

then if you do use ESSv2 add:

execVM "FolderLocation\Pick10\init.sqf"; 

at the bottom of startSpawn.sqf

And please for the love of all that is holy change the "FolderLocation" to the path of where you put the Pick10 folder. So for example mine is 

execVM "custom\Pick10\init.sqf";

And that's if you're done.

If you use infistar add "8457" to _ALLOWED_Dialogs 

at the top of the init.sqf there is some customization things you can mess around with and tweak to your liking 

And like I said I'm fairly new at coding so if anyone wants point out some better ways to do things feel free.

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\spawn\Pick10\ShixPick10.hpp, line 6: /Shix_Pick10/Controls.Shix_Pick10Frame: Undefined base class 'ShixRscFrame'

I get this error, what to do?

sorry my bad change the order on the #includes in description.ext so it would be 

Arma throws a fit if you don't put defines first 

You might want to re download the files I have just updated it to fix a few small bugs

wow, this is a pretty cool idea you have here. I like the 2nd menu you have as well. Great stuff   :)

Thx And would you be interested in me releasing the second menu as well ?

thank you and good job;)

Thx 

Very nice. :)

and more Thx 

Hey man!

Looked through your code a little and noticed your fnc_addItem and fnc_removeItems functions. I didn't pay too much attention to them but noticed you have an awful lot of if statements. Unsure whether it is relevant to the code but if it is, you can write it a little better with:

switch (_selection) do {
case <value> : { /*...code here...*/ };
};

<value> being  the _selected value so 1, 2, 3....

• 1 year later...
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2015 at 4:21 AM, MrShix said:

Ok so its my first time posting so hey I guess.

Soo here's the idea you give your players a choice of what they can spawn with. Now that being said its not like the normal select a class system. This way it gives players a chance to customize it a little bit without it getting to OP. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muYPL-nUs00

Anyway there's the basic functionality and everything.I have only been coding for a few weeks so there probably is allot better ways to do some of the things I have done.

If you want to use it you can download it here :https://www.dropbox.com/s/9623i3f0bf0flyy/Pick10.zip?dl=0

INSTALL

(please note I use ESSv2 so my install notes are for people that are using that)

1.move the "Pick10" folder in to your mission folder 

2.in description.ext at the bottom add 

then if you do use ESSv2 add:

execVM "FolderLocation\Pick10\init.sqf"; 

at the bottom of startSpawn.sqf

And please for the love of all that is holy change the "FolderLocation" to the path of where you put the Pick10 folder. So for example mine is 

execVM "custom\Pick10\init.sqf";

And that's if you're done.

If you use infistar add "8457" to _ALLOWED_Dialogs 

at the top of the init.sqf there is some customization things you can mess around with and tweak to your liking 

And like I said I'm fairly new at coding so if anyone wants point out some better ways to do things feel free.

And then there was Xm8 Apps....

How far you have come Shix!