Report Female Gear Bugs

Princesse

Meow, first of all I have to apology in advance for my english quality of writing, as it is not my native language.

I am a female player and a big fan of Arma series for years ( mainly dayZ ), I was very excited to play Epoch Arma 3 as a female avatararrow-10x10.png, but soon I was extremely disapointed and really confused.

While I was enjoying the arma 3 version of the mod I was first sad of the 7x less quantity of female skins, but well, it was not killing the pleasure so I kept going.

When i was talking with my mates I discovered that not ONE female skin has an item capacity inventory. Which decreased the weight you can carry as a female player by 1/3.

I was like, I dont give a fuck :D if I don't carry more weight, it sucks, but it will not restrain me from killing other players and I was certainly happy to play a woman, at least, so I kept playing a female avatararrow-10x10.png.

But today was the final discovery that completly fucked up my mind. It takes one single minute, you just have to go into VR training from Arma 3 main menu to notice it.

If you check all the female skins ( 13 in total ), you will notice that EVERY skins have EXACTLY the same stats, and all of them have like 2/3 protection less than male skins and they all weight MORE than other men skins.

I am a competitive PvP player, ex pro gamer and as a woman I was really happy to finally play as a woman in Epoch, but it's completly FUCKED UP. 

In summary as a female player you get :

- 13 female skins for 73 for men 

- NO clothing inventory capacity but men have pockets right? Which I don't cause I wear sexy dresses and tight jeans while I run in Chernarus? It's a jokearrow-10x10.png :D Could you please explain me why my ghillie suit has no inventory capacity ? Is it because as a girl my arms are so weak and my boobs are so big that I have no space to put a fucking 12.7 magazine for my m107?

- So I dont follow, I am a weak girl who cannot carry more gear than a man, but why then ALL my skins WEIGHT MORE than men skin? WHY does my ghillie suit weight MORE than a man ghillie suit??? 

- Protection, that is the main reason I post this thread, beside my whinning and desperate post, I don't understand why a complete ghillie suit CSAT for men has more protection  but weight LESS than a female ghillie suit in which you can put NOTHING and protect you LESS LOL.

So if I want to be competitive, as a PvP player, I have to play a man. Which will kill all my immersion, and will of course, reduce the pleasure I get playing as a woman.

Imagine playing Arma 3 Epoch in which everyone is playing a female avatar, and if you want to play a male avatar as a man, you will be nerf to the ground, would you play a woman? 

Please FIX THIS, it's only some VALUES in code of the poor 13 ITEMS, I BEG YOU :D

I am completly available to speak about it on any vocal ( teamspeak, mumble... ) and I am even ready to Paypal you for it, please fix dat shit.

1. Server: DeadZ.be Chernarus

2.Arma 3: version:1.46.128937  Epoch 0.3.0.3

Thanks, I did not check this, sorry about it. This is actually good news but I noticed there is nothing done about the " protection issue ". Because men have alot more protection with their skins. Which make it more optimized to play a man. And nothing about the weight. Which are only few values to modify, should not take long. Please :) Thanks again for your short anwser and sorry if I was a little offensive, I was raging because of my disapointment >_<

I agree with Princesse on every points, even as a man.
I find this pretty shameful for a mod that claims to let the opportunity to the player to choose the sex of his character, some will choose it for roleplaying, other will choose it simply to recognize herselves in the character, but both will struggle with uniform protection...
I'm already  impressed that you, devs, did take time to modelize female uniforms(even if there's just a few of them compared to male uniforms...). 

It would just be great to balance it. Make it real, and not just a funny female skin we put on, and please, show us that you know what is gender equality.

I'm usually a lurker on forums, but when it comes to serious gameplay issues forcing a woman to play a man in order to be as resistant as her clan members, I can't prevent myself from doing something.

I can understand as a man why there's such a few female players on Epoch. You're treating them like the kid you give the unplugged pad and tell  him: "wow, you're so good at this game!"

Women need to be respected, as much as men (even more imo) and I find this appalling to read a post as long as Princesse's and just answer with a quote and a link that do not even answer to the full message, but just a little part.

It's like telling her:" hey big girl, here's your treat"

Well, this was my treat for you.

Hi, 

- So I dont follow, I am a weak girl who cannot carry more gear than a man, but why then ALL my skins WEIGHT MORE than men skin? WHY does my ghillie suit weight MORE than a man ghillie suit??? 

- Protection, that is the main reason I post this thread, beside my whinning and desperate post, I don't understand why a complete ghillie suit CSAT for men has more protection  but weight LESS than a female ghillie suit in which you can put NOTHING and protect you LESS LOL.

I just want to confirm that, i have taken some screens to prove it : 

(taken in virtual Arsenal)

Ghillie for men AAF :

15063012211810952913410061.png

Ghillie for female (Basic, so, AAF version) :

15063012211810952913410060.png

CSAT ghillie for men :

15063012211910952913410062.png

So, as you can see, female ghillie have more weight than basic ghillie for men(AAF version). we can think the female ghillie is AAF version but unbalanced. The CSAT for female do not exist.

The best is to adjust the statistics for AAF version and create an CSAT vesion for female. it's fair i think :)

Thanks for reading ! 

It is a bug lets leave it at that, females and males both were intend to get uniform storage back at the same time but did not. 0.3.0.4 fixes this issue and will be released soon. As far as more female clothing options that is something we would like to do in future updates.

It is a bug lets leave it at that, females and males both were intend to get uniform storage back at the same time but did not 0.3.0.4 fixes this issue and will be released soon. As far as more female clothing options that is something we would like to do in future updates.

Thank you ! But what about armor?

• 2 weeks later...

Come one guys ! WTF happend to female skins, you completly DELETED the protection now. It's worse than EVER. It's even worse than before I made this post.

There is litteraly ZERO protection.

As you can see yourself, this is a top male ghillie suit :

848348arma32015071800255680.jpg

And this is the female one : 

716991arma32015071800255410.jpg

Litteraly ZERO Protection.

And another fucked up thing, every female skins carry same amount of stuff BUT blue keesha, dont ask me why, I am clueless.

I guess I go back to play  a male avatar, thanks guys.

I think you are comparing apples to oranges, as the default Male ghillie soldiers in Arma 3 have vests (V_Chestrig_rgr) and our females do not, hence the apparent lack of armor. If you add a V_Chestrig_rgr to the female and you should have the same armor levels. Also, the base armor on both male and female classes (Epoch_Male_F and Epoch_Female_F) that you play as in Epoch have exactly the same armor levels to start with and match Arma 3 soldiers. Your armor level should be more about the actual loadout and not your uniform. 

I think you are comparing apples to oranges, as the default Male ghillie soldiers in Arma 3 have vests (V_Chestrig_rgr) and our females do not, hence the apparent lack of armor. If you add a V_Chestrig_rgr to the female and you should have the same armor levels. Also, the base armor on both male and female classes (Epoch_Male_F and Epoch_Female_F) that you play as in Epoch have exactly the same armor levels to start with and match Arma 3 soldiers. Your armor level should be more about the actual loadout and not your uniform. 

How do you explain this?!!!!!

549290beforre.png

371955after.png

WHY DID YOU NERF?

How do you explain this?!!!!!

549290beforre.png

371955after.png

WHY DID YOU NERF?

Armor for both males and females where reduced to stock Arma 3 levels in 0.3.0.4 as before we had a 3-4x times increase in armor and reports are that coupled with heavy plate armor it was too much. The idea was to make it harder for the player to die due to falling and other stupid stuff but it had a side effect of making heavy armored players very hard to kill.

It seems you dont understand the issue here. It's pretty simple :

Men : good armor clothings

Women : ZERO armor clothings

Why is it so hard to understand? We even show you screenshots, what do you need? Fraps? Do you want me to make a video where I shoot someone as a test, with female clothings then male with male clothings with exact same gear and see the damage difference? 

I completly understood that the CSAT version has a vest armor wich improve it's armor. But it's not only about that, even the regular male ghillie suit has more armor than the female regular version wich has NONE. 

You have to improve the armor value of female clothings, and make a CSAT version for female OR nerf the armor bonus of the CSAT male version to a regular version.

Even simpler since it seems you evade the problem:  

WE WANT FEMALE ARMOR =  MEN ARMOR.

So we can play female character, please.

I have double checked and the armor and armorStructural values do match when comparing our female ghillie to the male CSAT ghillie. The hitpoint armor levels do appear to be lower than they should so I will make another change in next patch that should correct this.

Just added for next patch 0.3.1:

[Changed] Female Ghillies armor, weight, storage now match CSAT male variants.
[Changed] Female Wetsuits armor, weight, storage now match CSAT male variants.
[Changed] Female Camo Clothes armor, weight, storage now match "Guerilla" gear, like "U_OG_Guerilla2_2".

Meow, first of all I have to apology in advance for my english quality of writing, as it is not my native language.

I am a female player and a big fan of Arma series for years ( mainly dayZ ), I was very excited to play Epoch Arma 3 as a female avatararrow-10x10.png, but soon I was extremely disapointed and really confused.

While I was enjoying the arma 3 version of the mod I was first sad of the 7x less quantity of female skins, but well, it was not killing the pleasure so I kept going.

When i was talking with my mates I discovered that not ONE female skin has an item capacity inventory. Which decreased the weight you can carry as a female player by 1/3.

I was like, I dont give a fuck :D if I don't carry more weight, it sucks, but it will not restrain me from killing other players and I was certainly happy to play a woman, at least, so I kept playing a female avatararrow-10x10.png.

But today was the final discovery that completly fucked up my mind. It takes one single minute, you just have to go into VR training from Arma 3 main menu to notice it.

If you check all the female skins ( 13 in total ), you will notice that EVERY skins have EXACTLY the same stats, and all of them have like 2/3 protection less than male skins and they all weight MORE than other men skins.

I am a competitive PvP player, ex pro gamer and as a woman I was really happy to finally play as a woman in Epoch, but it's completly FUCKED UP. 

In summary as a female player you get :

- 13 female skins for 73 for men 

- NO clothing inventory capacity but men have pockets right? Which I don't cause I wear sexy dresses and tight jeans while I run in Chernarus? It's a jokearrow-10x10.png :D Could you please explain me why my ghillie suit has no inventory capacity ? Is it because as a girl my arms are so weak and my boobs are so big that I have no space to put a fucking 12.7 magazine for my m107?

So if I want to be competitive, as a PvP player, I have to play a man. Which will kill all my immersion, and will of course, reduce the pleasure I get playing as a woman.

Imagine playing Arma 3 Epoch in which everyone is playing a female avatar, and if you want to play a male avatar as a man, you will be nerf to the ground, would you play a woman? 

Please FIX THIS, it's only some VALUES in code of the poor 13 ITEMS, I BEG YOU :D

I am completly available to speak about it on any vocal ( teamspeak, mumble... ) and I am even ready to Paypal you for it, please fix dat shit.

1. Server: DeadZ.be Chernarus

2.Arma 3: version:1.46.128937  Epoch 0.3.0.3

In defense to the Dev's; ArmA 3 complete disregards females all together. If it wasn't for them, there wouldn't be a female model at all. And unfortunately that means every piece of female clothing that is added has to be completely dev'ed from scratch whereas the male clothing is 100% already done by BIS. So, females may have way less options for clothing, however the ones you have there are 100% created and provided by the EPOCH dev team...

I have double checked and the armor and armorStructural values do match when comparing our female ghillie to the male CSAT ghillie. The hitpoint armor levels do appear to be lower than they should so I will make another change in next patch that should correct this.

Just added for next patch 0.3.1:

[Changed] Female Ghillies armor, weight, storage now match CSAT male variants.
[Changed] Female Wetsuits armor, weight, storage now match CSAT male variants.
[Changed] Female Camo Clothes armor, weight, storage now match "Guerilla" gear, like "U_OG_Guerilla2_2".

Thank you !!!! This is a very good news, thanks. I am very happy that you changed it.

In defense to the Dev's; ArmA 3 complete disregards females all together. If it wasn't for them, there wouldn't be a female model at all. And unfortunately that means every piece of female clothing that is added has to be completely dev'ed from scratch whereas the male clothing is 100% already done by BIS. So, females may have way less options for clothing, however the ones you have there are 100% created and provided by the EPOCH dev team...

I was just coming to the forum to make a similar comment and thank you for saying it too!

Well done to Epoch for filling the gap, or if you will bearing in mind the new expansion map, exploding the jungle canopy by providing female characters to an Arma 3 audience.

Shame on BIS for missing 'half' the population out the world. In a 21st century military force we are more likely to see females in active roles and on the front line. So not only do they not create any for the military factions we are supposed to play in a single gender world with no female civilians either.

I am thankful that i can choose to play as a female character because Epoch devs had the forethought to provide where Bohemia could not be arsed.

I was just coming to the forum to make a similar comment and thank you for saying it too!

Well done to Epoch for filling the gap, or if you will bearing in mind the new expansion map, exploding the jungle canopy by providing female characters to an Arma 3 audience.

Shame on BIS for missing 'half' the population out the world. In a 21st century military force we are more likely to see females in active roles and on the front line. So not only do they not create any for the military factions we are supposed to play in a single gender world with no female civilians either.

I am thankful that i can choose to play as a female character because Epoch devs had the forethought to provide where Bohemia could not be arsed.

I cannot agree more !