[scarCODE] S.A.R. (Simple Ammo Repack) by IT07

IT07

• 2 weeks later...

Hey :D

Thanks for releasing this :D looks amazing.

I had it working for myself but whenever a player uses it. They get banned for EpochMod autoban.

I did and have double checked that I added the supplied changes to the scripts.txt file.

We use the antihack that comes with epoch (EPAH).

EDIT:

After playing with it I found that setting this: antihack_addActionCheck = false;  in the epochah.hpp solved it but how would I get it to work with this on?

• 1 month later...

Hello IT. My players have been loving the script but after the 3.3.1 when I try to use it I get an error Resource SC_SARDIAG not found.. Not sure if I mis copied your code in or I have something else going on can you give me a hint where to look? thanks for all your work. Really great stuff.

Edit: Nevermind. god I feel stupid. forgot to include the     #include "scarCODE\SAR\main_SAR.hpp" // Remove line if you do not have SAR

Edited by Caveman1

Sometimes I feel really dense when I see all these people saying how they installed something and how great the script is and then I look at it and I'm all; "WTF is this?" "Where does this go?" "Why did I even get into Arma?" Know what I mean? =\

Anyway... I'm trying all kinds of ways to get these scripts installed and it's just not working. Your "quick install" instructions are maybe a little too quick for me, someone who doesn't fully understand where to put things in this wonderful thing called Arma scripting. Would you happen to have something a little more 'in layman's terms' that I could follow? These look like really great scripts and I would love to have them on my server, but I'm just not having any luck. =\

Thanks.

Sometimes I feel really dense when I see all these people saying how they installed something and how great the script is and then I look at it and I'm all; "WTF is this?" "Where does this go?" "Why did I even get into Arma?" Know what I mean? =\

Anyway... I'm trying all kinds of ways to get these scripts installed and it's just not working. Your "quick install" instructions are maybe a little too quick for me, someone who doesn't fully understand where to put things in this wonderful thing called Arma scripting. Would you happen to have something a little more 'in layman's terms' that I could follow? These look like really great scripts and I would love to have them on my server, but I'm just not having any luck. =\

Thanks.

His instructions are very well done.. Some things are harder to install for new admin than others .. I started out on A2 .. didn't have a clue , and then switched to a3 . its a learning curve with a3 over a2 as it is .. I will give you some advice .. dont install every script on here .. some of the old scripts ..from even last winter .. don't play well with the new version of epoch or arma 3 //and the more you add the more lag and lower fps you get .. pick a couple of the easier ones .. and then go from there .. and back up any pbo file before you make a change.. just rename say altis.pbo to altis.bak .. then you have a clean copy still .. and copy over the arma server files to a new directory ..if you downloaded from steam .. copy the whole folder to a different drive .. that way if you hose it up .. you still have clean copies.

Some things you just have to slow down .. and if you cant figure one piece of the install out .. stop take a break .. and come back in hour .. try again.. if still cant figure it out .. ask about that one piece of the install that is messing you up.

There is tons of newbie info on here .. search .. or search google with the error you have .. rpt files are your friend.. it will tell you MOST of the time what broke .. if you don't have the basic tools get them .. notepad ++ and  PBO Manager,

Ive built 20 servers..and rebuilt more .. if you wanna play admin .. you gotta pay to play ..in lots of time .. LOTS of Time .

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

So I put scarCODE folder into my mission pbo, put the desired code into the description.ext --> Server hangs at Altis map screen.

PBO'd the scarCode folder, put it into @EpochHive/Addons folder --> Server hands at Altis map screen. 

So let's see if I have this right, from the "Quick Install" instructions:

- if you install anyting that uses a scrollmenu and you have infiSTAR, make sure things in infiSTARsettings.txt match yours

They do.

- any scarCODE menu needs the `#include "scarCODE\global.hpp"` file included in description.ext. Check the description.ext example in this repository to see how to do so.

Used the one from description.ext (SAR-only example).ext

- PVE/anti-PVP script needs *a3_scarCODE_PVE* in *@epochhive\addons*

Not using that so not included.

- PSR script needs *a3_scarCODE_PSR* in *@epochhive\addons*

Not using that so not included.

**Make sure to repack the contents of the server-side folder into a pbo named exactly the same as the folder they came in**

Ah ha! This might be where I'm going wrong. What exactly is the server-side folder Is it the scarCODE folder? If I need to pbo this then that goes into the @Epoch\Addons folder, yes? But the cfgFunctions calls the scripts from the epoch.altis.pbo.

In the description.ext file I inserted:

/////// scarCODE hpp files ///////
#include "scarCODE\global.hpp" // Needed if you use any menu from scarCODE
#include "scarCODE\SAR\main_SAR.hpp" // Remove line if you do not have SAR
//////////////////////////////////
class cfgFunctions
{
	/////// scarCODE functions ///////
	class scarCODE
	{
		tag = "SC";
		class SAR // Simple Ammo Repack
		{
			file = "scarCODE\SAR\functions_SAR";
			class sarPackMags {};
			class sarGetData {};
			class loadSAR {};
			class initSAR { postInit = 1; };
		};
	};
};

Assuming "scarCODE\global.hpp" calls the hpp file from the main scarCode folder, then that folder should be placed into the epoch.altis.pbo, yes? Because if it was calling it to the @Epoch/Addons folder it should be "\addons\scarCODE\global.hpp", correct?........maybe?...........hmmm?...........no? It's no, isn't it? =\