Which Server Host?!

Demi

I will start by saying - SORRY as this has probably been asked before.

However, after dealing with a certain company (FPG in short) who left me really annoyed with lack of support and the server not restarting for 8 hours... I tried and tried and tried - but nothing!

Anyway, what it comes down to is... Which server host would be the best? I want "some" one click installs and good response times for support... That's it.

At the minute I am considering the following:

- Arctic Servers

- Swiftnode

- Vert Hosting

- GTX Gaming

Thanks,

Demi

I dont know where you from but for german or europe hosting i would suggest G-Portal, otherwise u could try GTX-Gaming. Rent a 4 slot server and check out how its running, before u want to start great and get disappointment.

Dunno how the pings of G-Portal are in international way, but its a good hoster.

cheers

Demi

In our last admin meetings a couple of the top guys talked about: http://www.soyoustart.com/en/offers/e3-sat-3.xml

It gonna come down to budget and what you want to do from a hosting perspective.

Making the transition from player to hoster is a long and sometimes hard road, alot of fun tho!

Quick plug:

If your looking for a good server hope on ad check us out!

I may also be setting up my own hosting services so watch this space ;)

Good luck.

Mike.

Demi

In our last admin meetings a couple of the top guys talked about: http://www.soyoustart.com/en/offers/e3-sat-3.xml

It gonna come down to budget and what you want to do from a hosting perspective.

Making the transition from player to hoster is a long and sometimes hard road, alot of fun tho!

Quick plug:

Good luck.

Mike.

Thank you! Me and 3 others have been playing EPOCH for years and already have a gaming community set up with a good amount of players. So we thought, why not an ARMA 3 EPOCH server?!

Just makes sense... We want to provide a good admin presence, interaction with the community and a good server to play on.

I dont know where you from but for german or europe hosting i would suggest G-Portal, otherwise u could try GTX-Gaming. Rent a 4 slot server and check out how its running, before u want to start great and get disappointment.

Dunno how the pings of G-Portal are in international way, but its a good hoster.

cheers

G Portal are German, I don't understand their website that much if I'm honest! Although what I can make out it looks good.

I have seen MANY bad reviews for GTX Gaming?

Vert always have consistent good reviews for support from the many many previous threads like this, I've never used them so i can't vouch.

However, if you're serious about running a top notch server then get a dedicated and have all the resources of that machine, shared hosting has shared resources, what your neighbour does will affect your performance.

Vert always have consistent good reviews for support from the many many previous threads like this, I've never used them so i can't vouch.

However, if you're serious about running a top notch server then get a dedicated and have all the resources of that machine, shared hosting has shared resources, what your neighbour does will affect your performance.

Thank you!

Vert is pretty good.

Thank you!

Yes, but like i said, i dont know where u from :)

Ok, good luck mate, i think with international or US hosters i dont can help further.... :o

I'm in the UK but do want an EU host.

I'd buy it if it was in English or I knew German.

Thanks for your help!

Vert is pretty good.

Sorry to post again - do Vert offer one click installs?

Demi

Quick plug:

Good luck.

Mike.

Thats a damn iood price for a dedicated machine... but how does that processor work with an Arma server ?

I have no idea about the xeon processors as ive never had or rented one before..

I love my Xeon but I just got one of those so installing OS now so hope to have the server up in a few hours. Gonna compare both of the servers and FYI it's really OVH and I went with the 3 x 120gb SSD

Well so far I am pretty impressed, seems to run about the same from OVH that I have now but much cheaper. Upload does seem to be a tad low testing to the U.S. Around 20mb so I may have to test a few more sites in the U.S. before I determine the validity of this issue. I recommend using process lasso to kick the CPU into full potential.

Well so far I am pretty impressed, seems to run about the same from OVH that I have now but much cheaper. Upload does seem to be a tad low testing to the U.S. Around 20mb so I may have to test a few more sites in the U.S. before I determine the validity of this issue. I recommend using process lasso to kick the CPU into full potential.

Tested any server installs on it yet? I'm waiting on a restock at their Canadian datacentre.

Honestly if you want quick support stay away from Vert, the worse customer service , I haven't been with them a month, I am looking for alternative, very slow in replying to ticket, BEC breaks all the time, DB hosted somewhere else not on same box, its never ending battle,the only thing is i am not hosting arma 3 epoch , i am hosting dayz vanilla so I dont know if epoch a3 will be any better, I know I wont get another server from them..

I wish xstreamgaming would offer servers they were the best..

Honestly if you want quick support stay away from Vert, the worse customer service , I haven't been with them a month, I am looking for alternative, very slow in replying to ticket, BEC breaks all the time, DB hosted somewhere else not on same box, its never ending battle,the only thing is i am not hosting arma 3 epoch , i am hosting dayz vanilla so I dont know if epoch a3 will be any better, I know I wont get another server from them..

I wish xstreamgaming would offer servers they were the best..

Honestly, so far they've been great.

In terms of support tickets, they do take a few hours to get back to me (they are in a completely different timezone) but always with a resolution if I need it. Though I've not needed them as much as I thought I would.

Arma 3 EPOCH server runs great and hasn't had any issues so far.