{SERVER} Epoch Dev Playground | Epoch Experimental

axeman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Testing new Task  / Mission system (WIP) Access via Trader Talk Menu. Available Missions: Pikes Peak, Drone Pilot & Military Crash. New & Upgraded Trader Interaction Dialogues.

Latest version of Epoch Experimental required. (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=455221958&insideModal=1) Server testing new 1.60 Perf4 Binary.

Know Issues:

Military Crash Aircraft sometimes gets cleaned up too early, loot is still on the ground. Mission may not complete and you end up with UAVs spawning on you persistently. Reset mission at a trader and re-log.

Military Crash Map markers use new Epoch Helper map marker that allows markers to be created for your group only. Delete Marker Function not completed so some markers stay until they are reset by re-joining / server restart.

Ignore the Race Mini Game, you can't trigger it. Is testing the deny mission element.

5 minutes ago, axeman said:

Military Crash Aircraft sometimes gets cleaned up too early, loot is still on the ground. Mission may not complete and you end up with UAVs spawning on you persistently. Reset mission at a trader and re-log.

Noticed this and commented here on the trader messages and the time taken.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to: Tanoa

Required:

Arma 3 Apex - v1.62RC (Use Apex Sneak Preview Build in Steam Beta Tab)

Epoch Experimental ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=455221958&searchtext=epoch+experimental ).

Ryans Zombies and Demons ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501966277&searchtext=zombies+and+demons )

Additional:

This has a concept for the central trader city (WIP). Use the Teleport at the end of the spawn room. The middle teleport takes you to the default trader city, currently located in the volcano.

Testing support for Ryans Zombies and Demons: Custom behaviour and spawn limits.

Adding new loot spawns and testing.

EDIT:

ToDo: Hmm, I think I broke the loot, rebuilding the server this afternoon. Missions require a BE update, also this afternoon. You will get kicked at the moment if trying to start a mission.

Enjoy the scenery for now :) Update incoming.

Brill.. except i'm totally brasic.. so will have to wait for a month till I get back from spain and maybe get some pennies in.. currently could not afford a zombie icecream let along apex:(

dive on and enjoy guys..

Ahh cool sneak peak seems to be a freebe.. thought it was £20

I take that back seem you do need the£20 apex pack..:(

Server updated :

• Set the time to start at 15:00
  • Updated missions and server support functions - Fixing Military crash mission testing.
  • Testing Spawn Zed Horde
  • Additional BE filters - Please post any other instances of being booted by BE on the feedback thread.

Known issues: Markers - This appears to have been fixed with the last Arma update, in testing.

This is how we prefer to roll (out our services (: )

EpochServices.jpg

Getting kicked or banned is kind of the idea behind a development server. Besides the regular game bugs. That way they can address them before public release. Without server owners adding filters to BE willy nilly in which could allow script kiddies to cause havoc.

It happens frequently. And its pointless to test the basic epoch core when you get kicked/banned all the time. Why not get the basics working and after that start to figure out the exceptions?!

Or Log the exceptions or lift the ban/kick after 1 minute.

1 minute ago, rvg?! said:

It happens frequently. And its pointless to test the basic epoch core when you get kicked/banned all the time. Why not get the basics working and after that start to figure out the exceptions?!

Yes maybe. But the Exp(Dev) servers are updated constantly so the fixes are faster. So it's not really that much of an issue. As the Devs see the kick's and bans and can update them on the fly on their servers. The kicks and bans are simply part of the development process for a public release.

BE was back on for finding any left over filters that i may have missed during testing. Am surprised to see two bans tbh. 

I do take off BE but don't advertise it, obviously, it also is required for the auto server restarts.

A good suggestion on reducing the ban time limit, will do that.

Thanks for the feedback guys. If you could let us know what you were doing to cause the ban that would help, ta.