@Phail: Just now I found that bug as well. Temp fix: go into config.cpp and move class initVEMF above all the other function classes.

Big patch coming soon!

TY for the fast reply, BTW I didn't have an old version to compare to so I was lost :)

@spartan: I am trying to find the root cause of the issue. This is a hard nut to crack due to other issues I am currently experiencing with the dev build.

It's ok, I am using your first release and am very happy with it so I am not in any hurry you have to do what you feel is right when you have time I appreciate that, thanks for your time.  :)

I actually have no idea where you are talking about.... as far as I know there is no @a3epochmissions folder in the VEMF repo...

Are you sure you're not mistaking?

Hehe sorry, I made a folder called ai on my desktop to extract the the VEMF.zip to, not realising I already had an ai folder there with the @a3epochmissions folder in it, from some other ai mission script... so my bad.

Before you replied I already set everything up as described in the readme and all is working fine, so thank you very much and sorry for the confusion!

There was some discussion on the original thread about map markers. Any plans to add them, at least as an admin configurable option?

I will look into that but can not promise anything. Just keep in mind that this stuff takes a long time to do ;)

Works like a charm, oh and dont forget for the love of god to change the messages at missionstart.

My tummy still hurts from the laughfest on the server when an automated message asks us to go to pyrgos and T-bag the bandits :)

How long did yours take to put in the first mission?

Mine still hasn't 45+ mins later.

Seems to have installed fine - server up for 20+ minutes and no missions have popped up.

Any way I can get around this?

Thanks,

Demi

Search your server log for "[VEMF]". You'll see this to indicate that it has started properly:

17:16:37 "[VEMF] 0.0421a ALPHA booting... loading config..."
17:16:37 "[VEMF] Config loaded!"
17:16:37 "[VEMF] addonLoader booted!"
17:16:37 "[VEMF] Watchdog booted!"
17:16:37 "[VEMF] missionTimer booted!"

Search your server log for "[VEMF]". You'll see this to indicate that it has started properly:

17:16:37 "[VEMF] 0.0421a ALPHA booting... loading config..."
17:16:37 "[VEMF] Config loaded!"
17:16:37 "[VEMF] addonLoader booted!"
17:16:37 "[VEMF] Watchdog booted!"
17:16:37 "[VEMF] missionTimer booted!"

Can't find that at all...

No errors come up.

I followed the instructions step by step.

Can't find that at all...

No errors come up.

I followed the instructions step by step.

If you don't get that, then something isn't set up correctly. A3 is notorious for it's lack of error messages. It doesn't provide nearly the same amount of information as A2. As long as you put the vemf.pbo into your @epochhive\addons folder, it should start up. You did pack the VEMF folder into a pbo file called VEMF.pbo, right?

If you don't get that, then something isn't set up correctly. A3 is notorious for it's lack of error messages. It doesn't provide nearly the same amount of information as A2. As long as you put the vemf.pbo into your @epochhive\addons folder, it should start up. You did pack the VEMF folder into a pbo file called VEMF.pbo, right?

I did, but I used the "longer" name like an idiot...

EDIT - It works beautifully. BEST THING EVER!!!

Anyone know what im doing wrong? Running Sems and VEMF but the Vemf messages do not show...  Any help would be greatly appreciated

if (hasInterface) then
{
execVM "semClient.sqf";
{
    "VEMFChatMsg" addPublicVariableEventHandler
    {
        systemChat ((_this select 1) select 0);
        [
            [
                [((_this select 1) select 0),"align = 'center' size = '1' font=PuristaBold'],
                ["","<br/>"],
                [((_this select 1) select 1),"align = 'center' size = '0.5'"]
            ]
        ] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText2;
        VEMFChatMsg = nil;
        ;}
    };
};

// Control the epoch ai limit per player
// 1. Epoch_Cloak_F = Cultist
// 2. GreatWhite_F = Great White Shark
// 3. Epoch_Sapper_F = Regular Sapper
// 4. Epoch_SapperB_F = Super Sapper (dark)
// 5. I_UAV_01_F = UAV (that spawns the AI)
// 6. PHANTOM = Invisible phantom
// 7. B_Heli_Transport_01_F = Transport helicopter for the mission system

EPOCH_spawnLimits = [1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1];

After installing the newest release, my .rpt is still getting spammed like crazy with the following....

while { _loop } do
{
_bPos = _x buildingPos _bNum;
if (str _bPos == ">
10:54:03   Error position: <_x buildingPos _bNum;
if (str _bPos == ">
10:54:03   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
10:54:03 File VEMF\functions_VEMF\fn_findHouses.sqf, line 51
10:54:03 Error in expression <pArr = [];

@Heavy: There is a reason why Vampire did not continue his project anymore. He probably got tired of all the weird errors.

Thanks for reporting this one even though I already have come across this error and multiple others. This error is just another one that goes into my qeue of VEMF errors. They will all be fixed, the question is when.

Any chance for markers for AI missions? Not sure if easily implemented? Thanks!

@Heavy: There is a reason why Vampire did not continue his project anymore. He probably got tired of all the weird errors.

Thanks for reporting this one even though I already have come across this error and multiple others. This error is just another one that goes into my qeue of VEMF errors. They will all be fixed, the question is when.

UPDATE!

Huge performance patch as well as expression error fixes. Please report any remained expression errors.

I am unable to test everything to the limit because I am on my own which makes the chance of running into bugs a LOT lower.

@Demi: yes I am working on adding markers.

UPDATE!

Huge performance patch as well as expression error fixes. Please report any remained expression errors.

I am unable to test everything to the limit because I am on my own which makes the chance of running into bugs a LOT lower.

@Demi: yes I am working on adding markers.

Thank you and thanks for your hard work!