@all: big patch coming soon. I have been doing some testing own my own test server and found out that there is quite a few server-FPS draining functions in VEMF.

Those functions will be replaced by much less cpu-heavy code and should prevent your server from dropping to below 10 FPS and from giving yellow links all the time when missions spawn (happens more often if bigger cities are selected).

Awesome thank you verry much, we all love lots of FPS :D

UPDATE!

Changelog: https://github.com/IT07/A3_VEMF_Reloaded/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

Huge fixes and code improvements in this version. If you wonder what the .16 means: it is the amount of tests ran on that particular version before release.

A test means code changes, a full PBO-repack and a test server restart.

Great stuff love it, I was just wondering what lines of code could we add to replace the crashed chopper with a proper wreck once it hits the ground so it doesn't despawn,
Would be great if it was like the helicrash site script that's already out where the non deadly fire and smoke continue to burn,

Just a thought. keep up the good work and have a beer on me ;)

b_560_95_1.png

Great stuff love it, I was just wondering what lines of code could we add to replace the crashed chopper with a proper wreck once it hits the ground so it doesn't despawn,

Would be great if it was like the helicrash site script that's already out where the non deadly fire and smoke continue to burn,

Just a thought. keep up the good work and have a beer on me ;)  

LOL you guys are predicting future releases :P because that is what I have already planned in a future version :)

With the new Epoch, I have switched over to the Australia map, does anyone for-see a issue with this not being able to run on it?

Thanks.

Just make sure you put the distanceCheck freakin high

because there is a lot of empty space on that map.

hi, I have a problem in 6 hours Server runtime start a maximum of 2-3 city missions and a 1-2 heli crash mission.I have the Epoch mod version 3.0.0.4 on my server. with the epoch mod version 3.0.0.3 all was well

My settings: /////// Configure VEMF here ///////
// Global settings
minPlayers = 1; // Missions will not start until player count reaches this number
maxMissions = 3; // Max amount of missions that are allowed to run at the same time
timeOut = 1; // Set to 0 if you do not want missions to timeout
  timeOutTime = 25; // In minutes. Ignore if useTimeout = 0;
minMissionTime = 3; // Minimum time before next mission can run
maxMissionTime = 5; // Maximum time before next mission can run
//missionList[] = {"DynamicLocationInvasion","heliCrash"}; // Speaks for itself, right?
missionList[] = {"DynamicLocationInvasion","heliCrash"}; // Speaks for itself, right?
addons[] = {}; // Not used for now
noMissionPos[] = {}; // Needs functionality check
locationBlackList[] = {"Sagonisi","Monisi","Fournos","Savri","Atsalis","Polemista","Cap Makrinos","Pyrgi","Makrynisi","Chelonisi"};  // Works

// Helicrash settings
redropDistanceMin = 5000; // Minimal distance in meters from last attacked location
redropTimeMin = 20; // Minimal difference in minutes with last attacked location
/* NOTE: The two settings above will make sure that players will not get spammed by heli crashes if player count is low */

// DynamicLocationInvasion settings
killPercentage = 100; // In percent. 100 means all AI in location need to be killed before loot crate drops
groupCount = 3; // Amount of groups that spawn at location
groupUnits = 7; // Amount of units in each group
/* TIP: increase groupCount and decrease groupUnits to make it harder for players. Easier to get flanked from all sides */
aiSkill = 0.23; // Equals to very skilled players
useLaunchers = 1; // Set to 0 if you do NOT want the AI to have launchers
remLaunchers = 1; // Set to 0 if you do NOT want the launchers (and ammo) to be removed from AI when they die
playerCheck = 650; // If player(s) within this range of location, location gets skipped. Distance in m (meters)
distanceCheck = 15000; // Check for locations around random player within this distance in m (meters)
/* distanceCheck NOTE: set it to the minimal distance between ANY town on the map you are using. Otherwise location selection will fail */
distanceTooClose = 2000; // Mission will not spawn closer to random player than this distance in meters
distanceMaxPrefered = 6500; // Mission will prefer locations closer than this distance (in meters) to random player

what can be wrong?

greetings

@severatze88: Hi. I can 100% confirm that VEMF works fine with Epoch 0.3.0.4. There is almost no way that something in the new Epoch version can "break" VEMF.

About your issue: are their any errors about VEMF showing in your server logs? And are you sure that you are using the latest version?

@prue420 ok thanks for that. I will include a config option in the next version that handles the amount of mags that AI get. But I do have to mention that AI also loots other dead AI. So that could also be why some have a lot of mags on them.

@serveratze88: hi please remove that RPT file it has very sensitive information like UIDs and antihack stuff in there.

To answer your question: there are tons of errors of other scripts showing up. Please try to contact the creators of those scripts to fix those errors.

After that, check if your issues with VEMF are still happening.

So in what file can I lower the hight the lootbox starts in, so dosen't end up 200 - 250 meter away if it's windy, or in the water. And in what file is the loot for the lootbox. As I want to change the loot in it? I have looked but can not find it, I did it in older vers, of it. But not in this one.

I guess the box hight is in DynamicLocationInvasion.sqf, but I am not sure which number it is.

And is there in any way possible to make the smoke last longer? As players has trouble to finding the box in the city.

At night I did this, I switch out the flair for a chemlight and attach it to the box. Not the best solution, as one chemlight is little to weak, but if you could add one or two more to the box, I think that would make it.

// Mark the crate
switch (true) do
{
	// If night, pop a flair
	case (dayTime < 5 or dayTime > 19):
	{
		_colors = ["Chemlight_red","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_yellow","Chemlight_blue"];
		_rndmColor = _colors select floor random count _colors;
		_alt = floor random 100 + 150;
		_flair = _rndmColor createVehicle [(getPos _crate) select 0, (getPos _crate) select 1, _alt];
		_flair attachTo [_crate,[0,0,1]];
	};
	// If day, pop smoke
	case (dayTime > 5 or dayTime < 19):
	{
		_colors = ["SmokeShell","SmokeShellBlue","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellOrange","SmokeShellRed","SmokeShellYellow"];
		_rndmColor = _colors select floor random count _colors;
		_smoke = createVehicle [_rndmColor, getPos _crate, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
		_smoke attachTo [_crate,[0,0,1]];
	};
};

And the marker for the heli crash dosen't go away.

@MrEnzo:

the configuration for the loot can be found exactly where the other options are: config.cpp inside the VEMF.pbo :)

I will add a config option for altitude of parachute in next version. I am also currently experimenting with IR grenades on the crate to make it more visible.

About the smoke: the duration of one smoke grenade can not be changed. The only thing that can be changed to improve visibility is more smoke grenades on the crate.

lol....the only file I didn't look in to. I am guessing it's just add them instead of cemlights, the only bad thing with them that you need nvg to see them and if you are in a city with some lights you will have a hard time to see them. But I will test and see if they work better. Thanks.

@Tactical Anders:

Thanks :) I appreciate your kind words. Expect the revamped loot system in the next version :) current DEV build: 0.0712.71 (just so you know: the last numbers behind the last dot are how many times the VEMF.pbo has been repacked for ONLY that particular version (in this case 0.0712) after applied fixes to that build. :)

Hi, having a small discrepency to what used to show when a mission was starting, im sure we used to get a message saying where the invasion was happening, im not sure when we stopped getting that, now we just get NEW MISSION.

This is not something that is important, and im not asking you to look into it, but has it been removed,? i looked in the fn_broadcast and       _location = _this select 2; is there like in previous version.

Oh yeah we also used to have some quirky remark like supergirl is on vacation!!!!

Anyway, Fantastic script and players are still loving it, sometimes pressing M and looking for the map marker is a hard thing to do lol

Regards

Simon