if ((text _sRandomTown) in _blackList) then
{
diag>
21:43:36   Error position: <_sRandomTown) in _blackList) then
{
diag>
21:43:36   Error Undefined variable in expression: _srandomtown
21:43:36 File VEMF\functions_VEMF\fn_findLoc.sqf, line 33
21:43:36 "[VEMF] DynamicLocationInvasion:  0x23c26dc has no players! Invading..."
21:43:36 Error in expression <leUnits] call VEMF_fnc_findLoc;
_objs = nearestObjects [(_loc select 1), ["Air",>
21:43:36   Error position: <nearestObjects [(_loc select 1), ["Air",>
21:43:36   Error Type Any, expected Number
21:43:36 File VEMF\Missions\DynamicLocationInvasion.sqf, line 18
21:43:36 Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Write 'VEMFChatMsg' is using type of ',TEXT' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types
21:43:36 Error in expression <elect 4;

VEMFChatMsg = [_title, _type, _location, _coords, _task];
{
if (isPlay>
21:43:36   Error position: <_location, _coords, _task];
{
if (isPlay>
21:43:36   Error Undefined variable in expression: _location
21:43:36 File VEMF\functions_VEMF\fn_broadCast.sqf, line 17
21:43:36 Error in expression <N:", "HOSTILE INVASION", _loc select 0, mapGridPosition (_loc select 1), "TASK: >
21:43:36   Error position: <mapGridPosition (_loc select 1), "TASK: >
21:43:36   Error Type Any, expected Number
21:43:36 File VEMF\Missions\DynamicLocationInvasion.sqf, line 36
21:43:36 Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Read 'VEMFChatMsg' is using type of ,'TEXT' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types
21:43:36 Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Write 'VEMFChatMsg' is using type of ',TEXT' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types
21:43:36 Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Read 'VEMFChatMsg' is using type of ,'TEXT' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types
21:43:37 Error in expression <hile {isNil"_playerNear"} do
{

_objs = nearestObjects [_pos, ["Air","Car","Man">
21:43:37   Error position: <nearestObjects [_pos, ["Air","Car","Man">
21:43:37   Error Type Any, expected Number
21:43:37 File VEMF\functions_VEMF\fn_waitForPlayers.sqf, line 20
21:43:37 Error in expression <"] call VEMF_fnc_broadCast;

I do have 1 area blacklisted, this is on the Australian map :

locationBlackList[] = {"Lake Eyre"};  // Works

UPDATE!

Small fixes and new feature: loot crate spawns in with a parachute for better visibility when spawning :)

its a great mission system, but for some reason, cant sell weapons, have them in config pricing, anything i have to change? 

Yes, some towns/cities have thousands of meters of nothing between them, the previous build worked fine before the heli crash mission.

The reason why the previous one worked fine is because that build randomly selects locations around the map. However, the new build will select a random player and then choose locations within 6500m.

Thanks for letting me know about this I will be improving the location selector at some point that should fix the issue you are having.

Hey IT07!

How do I disable the Heli missions?

And is it possible to add my own missions? It is a script that should be easy loaded only in random cities like the invasion mission.

Regards 

Gr3yHwk

To remove the heli mission, simply take away the "heliCrash" section from missionList[] = {};

So, as an example: yours will look like this:

missionList[] = {"DynamicLocationInvasion"};

To add your own missions, simply make an SQF which holds all the code for the mission and then just add it to missionList[] = {}; like this:

missionList[] = {"DynamicLocationInvasion","yourMissionHere","someOther","bla","LOL"};

Be aware that the name of the SQF file which contains your mission is named EXACTLY the same as the name you put into missionList[] = {};

I hope that helped you.

From what I have seen the way the heli crash is working at the moment nobody sees the the heli actually crash and the paras landing players just head for the map marker after all this has happened which makes me think that placing a map marker and announcing an impending crash then triggering the crash sequence when a player gets near enough would be better use of the animations.

Also at the moment I can't work out how to add other loot items to the mission I want to implement this but not with just magazines as is the current build.

Just my opinion I know but I actually prefer the invasion mission version with the random witty text under the Violent scum announcement so I want to use the heli crash with this and the only way I can work out how to do this is to run them seperately, probably not the best way to do it but at least it is something I think I can do.

To remove the heli mission, simply take away the "heliCrash" section from missionList[] = {};

So, as an example: yours will look like this:

missionList[] = {"DynamicLocationInvasion"};

To add your own missions, simply make an SQF which holds all the code for the mission and then just add it to missionList[] = {}; like this:

missionList[] = {"DynamicLocationInvasion","yourMissionHere","someOther","bla","LOL"};

Be aware that the name of the SQF file which contains your mission is named EXACTLY the same as the name you put into missionList[] = {};

I hope that helped you.

Thanks, that helped me a lot!

From what I have seen the way the heli crash is working at the moment nobody sees the the heli actually crash and the paras landing players just head for the map marker after all this has happened which makes me think that placing a map marker and announcing an impending crash then triggering the crash sequence when a player gets near enough would be better use of the animations.

Also at the moment I can't work out how to add other loot items to the mission I want to implement this but not with just magazines as is the current build.

Just my opinion I know but I actually prefer the invasion mission version with the random witty text under the Violent scum announcement so I want to use the heli crash with this and the only way I can work out how to do this is to run them seperately, probably not the best way to do it but at least it is something I think I can do.

Usually posts like these really piss me off because it downright says: my idea is better. In fact, it is not.

Let me explain: imagine that everytime you see a marker on the map that says: "Heli Crash". Then you go there, and then you see the chopper flying and crashing exactly at the marker. Does that make sense? NOPE.

What even more pisses me off is the fact that you claim that you know how I made the heliCrash mission. Which you clearly do not.

Why? because I made it so the heli crashes close to the position of a randomly selected player. And guess what? Somebody could be in that position or close to it which makes it so that player will actually see it fly and crash.

About the loot: be patient for me to bring updates that contain more advanced loot or please shut up and find out how to change it yourself.

Sorry about the angry post, I am just really really really tired of all those wise-guys that pretend to know my OWN scripts better than I do. It is just so disrespectful.

Usually posts like these really piss me off because it downright says: my idea is better. In fact, it is not.

Let me explain: imagine that everytime you see a marker on the map that says: "Heli Crash". Then you go there, and then you see the chopper flying and crashing exactly at the marker. Does that make sense? NOPE.

What even more pisses me off is the fact that you claim that you know how I made the heliCrash mission. Which you clearly do not.

Why? because I made it so the heli crashes close to the position of a randomly selected player. And guess what? Somebody could be in that position or close to it which makes it so that player will actually see it fly and crash.

About the loot: be patient for me to bring updates that contain more advanced loot or please shut up and find out how to change it yourself.

Sorry about the angry post, I am just really really really tired of all those wise-guys that pretend to know my OWN scripts better than I do. It is just so disrespectful.

It seems to me you have taken my post out of context and misinterpreted the sentiment therein.

Regarding "seeing the heli crash", this was based on being present at 2 heli crashes that spawned on me now admittedly the map was hilly in that location but I did not witness the crashes and note that I said "impending crash" rather then "Heli crash" in my original post which would make more sense.

I am not about to tell you how to write your scripts I only offer an opinion which I had hoped could be considered as feedback but clearly it is not to be.

@it07 and Spartan - Guys calm down please. Everything is being taken out of context. From how I read Spartans post, it was feedback, not a complaint. And it07 post is just out of frustration from a scriptors POV. It is very hard to write anything and get across your expressions/feelings that everyone can understand.

it07 - If you near, or ever get near, Washington, DC, USA, let me know, I will take you out for drinks, if you over 21, good drinks, if your under 21, milkshakes....

Spartan - Try not to take offense to his post. it07 has been underfire and needs a break.

If I knew your scripts better it07, I would kick you off the forums for 1 week and fill in for you.

@it07 and Spartan - Guys calm down please. Everything is being taken out of context. From how I read Spartans post, it was feedback, not a complaint. And it07 post is just out of frustration from a scriptors POV. It is very hard to write anything and get across your expressions/feelings that everyone can understand.

it07 - If you near, or ever get near, Washington, DC, USA, let me know, I will take you out for drinks, if you over 21, good drinks, if your under 21, milkshakes....

Spartan - Try not to take offense to his post. it07 has been underfire and needs a break.

If I knew your scripts better it07, I would kick you off the forums for 1 week and fill in for you.

You are right. I have to admin that I am a little short-fused at the moment. But still.

And thanks for your offer mate I really appreciate it but unfortunately I do not live close do DC and I do not drink. But again, I appreciate your offer.

With that method, how often should I expect the heli crash mission in a 4 hour period? I've been checking my logs and it hasn't come up yet.

I had 3 heli crashes at one point - disabled them for now.

With that method, how often should I expect the heli crash mission in a 4 hour period? I've been checking my logs and it hasn't come up yet.

It's random, sometimes you get one of each, other times you get 3 town invasions in a row, you just never know what's coming :)

Hi, I havent actually seen the new mission since I put the new update on, I havent checked the logs tho. But It has not appeared while I have ben in game.

Hi, I havent actually seen the new mission since I put the new update on, I havent checked the logs tho. But It has not appeared while I have ben in game.

Erm, I never said that :p

Check your RPT though, make sure you've hit the minimum number of players for it to start, change it if needed.

Also change the min start and max start, so they spawn faster, change them back once you know it's all working.

@all: big patch coming soon. I have been doing some testing own my own test server and found out that there is quite a few server-FPS draining functions in VEMF.

Those functions will be replaced by much less cpu-heavy code and should prevent your server from dropping to below 10 FPS and from giving yellow links all the time when missions spawn (happens more often if bigger cities are selected).