Vehicle Slots Limit

ProGEEK

Hi all,

Am I correct in thinking (As documentation is rather sparse) that setting VehicleSlotsLimit or EPOCH_VehicleSlotsLimit now has no effect due to changes in specifically:

[Changed] Vehicle slots limit now based directly on total of per vehicle counts in allowed vehicles list.

The reason I ask is I run a PvE server, and at the moment the server spawns all the vehicles in the allowedVehiclesList (We dont include the vehicles in this list that can do major damage or that players need to work to be able to purchase). It seems that the vehicle slots are filled up and all taken from allowedVehiclesList.

What I'm asking is, Is there a way to have say allowedVehiclesList spawn 40(ish) standard scattered vehicles but have the overall vehicle server limit alot higher? (So that players can purchase vehicles from traders, admin's spawn in permanant vehicles etc)

would setting VehicleSlotsLimit = 500; in epochconfig.hpp have any effect or am I correct in thinking that functionality was removed in 0.2.5 ?

Cheers.

Would be nice if they could make the allowed vehicles array so it looked something like this:

{"C_SUV_01_EPOCH",{3,12,3}},
	{"C_Van_01_box_EPOCH",{3,10,3}},
	{"C_Boat_Civil_01_EPOCH",{2,6,3}},
	{"B_Truck_01_mover_EPOCH",{2,10,3}},
	{"O_Truck_02_transport_EPOCH",{2,12,3}},

The first number in the array is how many are the minimum that should always be on the server (the server would use the minimum when deciding whether or not to spawn more new vehicles), the second number is the max, the third number is how many are allowed to be stored at each trader before one is deleted from the traders.  Map vehicles should always have priority to spawn into the world.  If there are too many of a given class on the map (including those stored in traders) then the surplus amount can be deleted from the traders so that there are enough slots left for map vehicles to still spawn in.  

would be nice to just have an overall limit + overall random spawned limit along side of the list there is there now ... i think that would be better tbh.

then the number by each vehicle will represent how many is allowed on the map of that exact vehicle ... kinda like it was in arma2, but better .. only spawn one, if there is a 1 by the classname, unlike arma 2 tho .. lol.

• 1 month later...

Would be nice if they could make the allowed vehicles array so it looked something like this:

{"C_SUV_01_EPOCH",{3,12,3}},
	{"C_Van_01_box_EPOCH",{3,10,3}},
	{"C_Boat_Civil_01_EPOCH",{2,6,3}},
	{"B_Truck_01_mover_EPOCH",{2,10,3}},
	{"O_Truck_02_transport_EPOCH",{2,12,3}},

The first number in the array is how many are the minimum that should always be on the server (the server would use the minimum when deciding whether or not to spawn more new vehicles), the second number is the max, the third number is how many are allowed to be stored at each trader before one is deleted from the traders.  Map vehicles should always have priority to spawn into the world.  If there are too many of a given class on the map (including those stored in traders) then the surplus amount can be deleted from the traders so that there are enough slots left for map vehicles to still spawn in.  

Couldn't agree more.

Or a script that deletes x amount of  unkeyed/unowned vehicles from the map on server startup. Youd probably have to reset vehicle spawn on startup and in epochconfig.hpp, for example, youd set {"C_Hatchback_01_EPOCH",30} and have a script that removes 20 of them..

Lower the timer on your vehicle cleanup... I think by default it's about a week. I turned mine down to 3 days and that made a large difference.

• 1 month later...

Lower the timer on your vehicle cleanup... I think by default it's about a week. I turned mine down to 3 days and that made a large difference.

Where exactly can I find this timer? xD I see the one for unlocking but nothing about cleanup. 

Nevermind, I think I found it, you mean this...

expiresVehicle = "604800";

This just gets rid of map spawned or destroyed vehicles right? Not any that players have purchased?

Edited by blue00

I dissable any vehicles spawn on map, so players must to buy it from Black Trader. 

To add free slots i add only 

allowedVehiclesList[] = {

{"emty",300} 

};

Some error in RPT 

Cannot create non-ai vehicle emty,

But have 300 free vehicles slots on map.

Edited by SadBoy1981

@ SadBoy: Wouldn't...

allowedVehiclesList[] = {};

Also work? Or does it actively remove purchased vehicles if over the total amount listed in the vehicles list? Because that would be unfortunate lol.

Then i think yo have 0 free slots on map so cant buy any vehicle from trader and save it to DB

Just one more quick question on this... So with the allowedVehiclesList, let's say I have it set to 10 Offroads, like so...

{"C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",10},

Does this mean that only 10 Offroads can be on the map at a given time? Or that only 10 will spawn randomly? I ask, because we're having issues with vehicles that players have purchased disappearing. I'm wonder if the VehiclesList will remove player-bought cars if there are more than however many set in the config on the map?

Just trying to figure out what might be happening with these vehicles.  Thanks again in advance!

Just one more quick question on this... So with the allowedVehiclesList, let's say I have it set to 10 Offroads, like so...

{"C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",10},

Does this mean that only 10 Offroads can be on the map at a given time? Or that only 10 will spawn randomly? I ask, because we're having issues with vehicles that players have purchased disappearing. I'm wonder if the VehiclesList will remove player-bought cars if there are more than however many set in the config on the map?

Just trying to figure out what might be happening with these vehicles.  Thanks again in advance!

allowedVehiclesList is how much vehicles spawning on the map. Thats why you can add {"emty",300} to get 300 extra free slots for custom vehicles when players buy them from BlackTrader, else vehicle going to be deleted after restart because server dont have free slots to add them to database

Edited by SadBoy1981