Tanoa

vbawol

Yeah that vegetation looked awesome. I wonder if that stuff will have the resistance of reeds.

I did not like the idea of dinosaurs though. But at least it leaves modding capability wide open for those who do. I just want to build a improvised hut on the middle of the jungle and pretend to be in 'naked and afraid'.

I like that it is finally a kind of a real jungle forest, not some random trees like in Altis. Really love it, however I am skeptical about playing Epoch on it...100 km2 is too small in my opinion, but I will definitely try it :) but yeah bright green everywhere looks really appealing.

i'm going to use this on loads of different things epoch, wasteland, custom arma missions and so on. the forests do look sweet.

i'm sure it will cool what ever the size of the map as long the server owner picks the right amount of player slots accordingly,

I remmber ages ago playing the original dayz on a 10man server on Utes lol :ph34r: Small map low pop = Ridiculously good fps lol not that's a big deal

Looks awesome! and you know it will be good , I hope it's gonna have enough cities and buildings though; have they said how big it will be? I wonder how it will compare to Altis (bigger or smaller)?

Altis is 160 km2 and Tanoa is 100 km2

Altis is 160 km2 and Tanoa is 100 km2

"With a ground surface area of 270 km2". (source: http://blog.moricky.com/post/59384853947/game-maps)

P.S. with water included it is 1000 km2. Like 30x30 km. I think now Chernarus+ with all those new added locations is around 230 maybe 240 km2 but it still looks small to me personally because of how the map is designed (just random corner/square).

"With a ground surface area of 270 km2". (source: http://blog.moricky.com/post/59384853947/game-maps)

P.S. with water included it is 1000 km2. Like 30x30 km. I think now Chernarus+ with all those new added locations is around 230 maybe 240 km2 but it still looks small to me personally because of how the map is designed (just random corner/square).

i'm sure it will cool what ever the size of the map as long the server owner picks the right amount of player slots accordingly, to what mod or mission file pvp and pve and so on, it's what we have all been doing all along even before this map came along!

...however I am skeptical about playing Epoch on it...100 km2 is too small in my opinion, but I will definitely try it :) but yeah bright green everywhere looks really appealing.

I completely agree and that was my first thought after researching Tanoa.  Map seems undersized for Epoch, especially an Epoch server with a high volume of  players.  I run a private server for me and some buddies, so we're definitely going to check it out.  It would be decent for roughly 8-12 players but that's about it, IMHO.

I completely agree and that was my first thought after researching Tanoa.  Map seems undersized for Epoch, especially an Epoch server with a high volume of  players.  I run a private server for me and some buddies, so we're definitely going to check it out.  It would be decent for roughly 8-12 players but that's about it, IMHO.

If its somewhere between the size of Altis and Stratis I will be a very happy man; I am hoping it will decent land size with plenty buildins (cities and towns) though..

You can easily fit 30 plus in Stratis what you talking about!

i'm sure it will cool what ever the size of the map as long the server owner picks the right amount of player slots accordingly, to what mod or mission file pvp and pve and so on, it's what we have all been doing all along even before this map came along!

I think for up to 30 players Tanoa is worth a try for Epoch, anything more and it becomes too crowded. Though hard to say now without actually trying it out. But it is beautiful and I think I will like it. And BR players will love it no doubt. Maybe I will be back to playing BR at this time.