Painshop ... paint/set custom textures on Backpack, Uniforms and vehicles.

Halvhjearne

Question, I noticed this addon requires me to edit a file that's already in my mission folder. If i do a little copy-pasta over the thing will it effect any of the other addons i have? I guess something i already have in my server runs on the same file.

Im looking right now and i see no difference between the two files. Is it the same for all of the halv mods? Or am i missing something small and just not seeing it?

Thanks guys.

Question, I noticed this addon requires me to edit a file that's already in my mission folder. If i do a little copy-pasta over the thing will it effect any of the other addons i have? I guess something i already have in my server runs on the same file.

Im looking right now and i see no difference between the two files. Is it the same for all of the halv mods? Or am i missing something small and just not seeing it?

Thanks guys.

it would help if you specify what you mean, i dont feel like playing 20 questions to find out what files you are talking about ...

it would help if you specify what you mean, i dont feel like playing 20 questions to find out what files you are talking about ...

Halv_Defines.hpp

it seems to already exist and is identical to the one in your github.

However, I dont have this addon on my server. I believe I just have a simple safezone script by you.... or an intro message.. i forgot which one was yours.

hi, what image size is optimal for custom textures?

it dosnt really matter much, but personally i try to keep then as rectangles.

Halv_Defines.hpp

it seems to already exist and is identical to the one in your github.

However, I dont have this addon on my server. I believe I just have a simple safezone script by you.... or an intro message.. i forgot which one was yours.

my guess is you have some other mod i created, if you have this file already it is not needed again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Halv.  Love all of your scripts. I saw in your Taru Pods script post that you use r3f.  I use the Epoch modded version found on this site and have an issue when i paint a vehicle; it loses the ability to tow or be towed.  Even if switch back to default.  I may have missed a solution in a previous post but search may have failed me.

Hello Halv.  Love all of your scripts. I saw in your Taru Pods script post that you use r3f.  I use the Epoch modded version found on this site and have an issue when i paint a vehicle; it loses the ability to tow or be towed.  Even if switch back to default.  I may have missed a solution in a previous post but search may have failed me.

i never heard about this before.

my guess is you can relog and it works again ... are you using the earplug script by computermancer?

... are you using the earplug script by computermancer?

Yes i am.  Init copy below

// Black Eagle Missions

#include "start_blck.sqf";

// Black Market Traders

[] execVM "trader\init.sqf";

[] execVM "trader\HALV_takegive_crypto_init.sqf";

[] execVM "trader\resetvehicleammo.sqf";

// Briefing Script by Suppe

[] execVM "Custom\briefing.sqf";

// cmEARPLUGS

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "cmEarplugs\config.sqf";

// R3F_Logistics EPOCH

[] execVM "R3F_LOG\init.sqf";

// Welcome Credits by Gr8

//[] execVM "custom\welcome.sqf";

// Status Bar and Paintshop

if (hasInterface) then{

[] execVM "addons\Status_Bar\init_statusBar.sqf";

[] execVM "addons\paintshop\paintshop.sqf";

};

// Spawn Point ATMs

if (isServer) then {

execVM "\q\addons\traderATMs\init.sqf";

};

// Supply Drop Alert Event

//"SDROP_Alert" addPublicVariableEventHandler {

//hint parseText format["%1", _this select 1];

//};

// Taru pods

[] execVM "addons\taru_pods\taru_init.sqf";

Halv are vehilce paintings now persitent with the official version?

Do you have to call in @epochhive for file paintshop_serveraddon.sqf via a custom launch pbo like for map addons? e.g. the one from maca's 3d editor or can it be called from mission pbo file?

Thanks

Halv are vehilce paintings now persitent with the official version?

Do you have to call in @epochhive for file paintshop_serveraddon.sqf via a custom launch pbo like for map addons? e.g. the one from maca's 3d editor or can it be called from mission pbo file?

Thanks

its for future additions ...

i have it working on my own server, but i cannot currently post it cause it requires edit in the server file that spawns in the vehicles after restarts.

but epoch devs specifically says not to rely on edits like this in the default epoch server files, sorry.

however i belive awol was going to implement a similar method when spawning vehicles from the server, so my guess is it will be possible in the near future.

So i should not implement it as it is on your github? restart is in 2 minutes... aaaaaaaaaaaah

it wont work yet, unless you do other edits aswell

you should definitely NOT execute the addition in your init yet as i will save vehicles to the database with ["VEHICLE_TEXTURE",666] wich will most likely fail, if you have not done the edits needed in EPOCH_load_vehicles.sqf.

i have yet to add a way to readd the colours on restarts, again becourse i am waiting to see what awol comes up with.

• 1 month later...

@Halvhjearne Have you thought of rewriting this with it looping through the vehicles on the map and matching them based on PositionASL + Class?

Then it wouldn't require any Epoch code edits.

tbh i dont think its a good idea to have a loop running like that.

i thought of many ways to make it permanent, but i dont see any good way to do it without modifying the script that loads vehicles from the db a bit.

i did have a talk with awol at one point about how custom skins could be integrated with epoch, but i think he might have forgot about it. (i did)

I didn't mean a loop. Basically a script that would pull the coordinates paired with a skin and classname. Look for the vehicle classname within so many meters of the coordinate and if found change the color (once on server startup). Have a tracker that saves the color when the color changes.

Not sure if Epoch has vehicle Id's but if so it should be easy to do, if not it might be a little more difficult but doable.

Edited by TheVampire

• 2 months later...

i am sorry to say that i will not be updating this in the near future ...

that dosnt necessarily mean that it will stop working right away so you wont be able to use it, however if it does stop working in a future update of epoch, chances are i will not have the time to fix it.

i have not been playing or doing anything for arma in quite some time now ... but who knows, maybe i will return sometime. ;)

• 1 month later...