Painshop ... paint/set custom textures on Backpack, Uniforms and vehicles.

Halvhjearne

Ok so last night someone came to my ts just to ask me if he could donate to use my paintshop...

obviusly i could not just allow this, but he insisted that i should take his donation and i told him that i would not promise anything but i was already planning on posting it soonish on the forum.

he was so happy about this, that he decided to donate to me anyway and since i was so flattered by this "move of generosity", i decided that today would be the day to "reveal" it for everyone.

so here it is ... PaintShop by Halv:

[screenshots below, maybe video comming soon].

this all started with me fiddling with the sliders in the gui editor wanting to use these for something, so i started making this gui to allow me to set a custom colour on vehicles ... later it kinda "grew a bit" and became what it is today where you can use it to set textures on basicly any "vehicle" in arma 3.

for now, only uniforms and backpacks are persistant, but im hoping this will change in the future.

backpacks and uniforms are saved into profilenamespace so it will be persistant over restarts (even over deaths) the player will HAVE to go and set the default colours on their clothing in order to actually remove this again, if not you will be able to relog (if you somehow loose it) and it will be back as it was choosen in the paintshop.

you can use the sliders to set a custom colour of choice or you can easily add or remove custom textures in the settings.sqf file

to install this you will need to download these files:

https://github.com/Halvhjearne/paintshop

to install add to your init.sqf something like:

[] execVM "addons\paintshop\paintshop.sqf";

within a:

if(hasInterface) then{
now in description.ext add the very top:

if you already have a Halv_defines.hpp, then you can skip the step below, as you do not need another, infact your server will fail to load if you have more than one in description.ext!.
(but perhaps check when it was last edited and see if you perhaps need to update it).

if you do not have a Halv_defines.hpp, then you need to add this line:
#include "addons\halv_spawn\Halv_defines.hpp"

once you have the above line, add directly below it:

#include "addons\paintshop\paintshop.hpp"

if you have infistar antihack, you will need to add this:

in _allowedDialogs like this:

_allowedDialogs = [-1,602,6666];

and set _CAP  and _OAP to false, like this:

/*  Check Actions Plr    */ _CAP = false;

/*  Remove Actions Plr   */ _OAP = false;

if you dont care about customization, you can skip the next two steps, but READ THE RED TEXT BELOW!!

to add custom pictures/preset colours just open settings.sqf and change the array, look at how its already done:

//custom textures
	["Linux","trader\trader.jpg"],
	["DK Flag","custom\dkflag.jpg"],

first is text, this is the text shown in the menu, next is the path to where your picture is located.

you can also use this to set preset colours like this:

//preset colors
	["Red","#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)"],
	["Green","#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,1,0,1)"],

VERY IMPORTANT:

remeber to change / remove my custom images from settings.sqf or you will get an error about them missing when you open the paintshop!

Known bug/limitations:

1. when adding textures by double clicking them, it changes the colour on the next side aswell.

the side painted is not actually painted, its just the "test colouring" that activates cause it switches side and if you press accept the colours selected is painted correctly.

to avoid this just use "add to list" option instead or learn to live with it (untill i feel like fixing it  :lol:  ).

2. some objects cannot be painted, this includes tempest based vehicles, parachute bags and some other, im hoping i prevented the paintshop from opening if no sides are availible to paint on.

3. sometimes players uniform/bag is not painted on login, just relog and its usually back.

4. profilenamespace can become corrupt and in extreemly rare cases it is possible that it will crash your game on load, in such cases try delete your profile and creating a new one and it should fix it.

5. player texture/colours are not seen by ai like players see it, so bright colours will have no effect on how ai reacts towards the player ... idk if this can be called a bug or a feature, its not something i can change (or even want to if i could).

special thanks to mr. Garcia for donating, only hoping i would release this ... you will not be dissapointed now ;)

have fun

Regards

Halv

So does this script work at further distances or is it like other skins that are image based off the mission file in ArmA 3 and don't load until you are within 5 meters of it? I am definitely interested in it but will hold til I see the upcoming videos :)

So does this script work at further distances or is it like other skins that are image based off the mission file in ArmA 3 and don't load until you are within 5 meters of it? I am definitely interested in it but will hold til I see the upcoming videos :)

i think it depends on viewdistance and what type of object it is, as i rarely see any problems with vehicles, but i often see it with small unimportant stuff like signs and flags.

i forgot to mention that admins can use this to test textures on basicly any object ingame by adding the image to this script and in the debug console do something like this:

cursorTarget call HALV_paintshop_opendialog;

(obviusly while looking at the object and required that you can get a cursortarget on the object and that the object has a "paintable" side)

if painting other players or backpacks on other players or the ground, it will most likely overwrite your personal settings and will not save on the painted player, so no reason to do that.

i think it depends on viewdistance and what type of object it is, as i rarely see any problems with vehicles, but i often see it with small unimportant stuff like signs and flags.

Gotya... ya I see it with signs and stuff all the time and that is what had me concerned. Thank you once again for sharing! 

Is there a way for this to only work for admins, it could be used as an easy way to distinguish between players and admins?

thanks

simon

EDIT

nope its too good to be for admins only..... is there a way to have a specific image just for admins?

simon

Thanks halve that would be superb, admins taxi service sounds good to me lol

simon

you could also just use colours or textures no player would ever use lige screeming bright blue, red or green ... my players rarely chooses colours like that since that makes them quite easy to spot for other players.

Ok so last night someone came to my ts just to ask me if he could donate to use my paintshop...

obviusly i could not just allow this, but he insisted that i should take his donation and i told him that i would not promise anything but i was already planning on posting it soonish on the forum.

he was so happy about this, that he decided to donate to me anyway and since i was so flattered by this "move of generosity", i decided that today would be the day to "reveal" it for everyone.

lol it was me ty halv!!

Great Script Halv.

On line 277, 278 and 279 of paintshop.sqf you have:

_HALV_panitshop_bagaction = -1;
_HALV_panitshop_uniformaction = -1;
_HALV_panitshop_vehicleactions = [];

Should that be so, or should it be:

_HALV_paintshop_bagaction = -1;
_HALV_paintshop_uniformaction = -1;
_HALV_paintshop_vehicleactions = [];

Great Script Halv.

On line 277, 278 and 279 of paintshop.sqf you have:

_HALV_panitshop_bagaction = -1;

_HALV_panitshop_uniformaction = -1;

_HALV_panitshop_vehicleactions = [];

Should that be so, or should it be:

_HALV_paintshop_bagaction = -1;

_HALV_paintshop_uniformaction = -1;

_HALV_paintshop_vehicleactions = [];

its a spelling error, however it continues throughout the loop so it dosnt matter ...

That's good to know Halv lol.

This does actually work with service points, you get out of the vehicle when parked close to it, and look at the vehicle for the menu.

yea i should have maby mentioned that ... ill make an option to set what type of buildings will activate it.

and actually you dont need to look at the vehicle ... it will show a list of nearby vehicles you can paint.

edit:

added antihack dialogs whitelist info

ok so vehicles are not persistant but clothing is, is that correct or did I botch something?

exactly ... i have yet to think of a good way to save the vehicles textures ... it would be best done if i could save it to the db and make a script that sets them correct on restarts.

OK.. so I noticed this morning that myself and everyone on the server has the fog ring around us which from what I read happens with view distance is affected. Is there anything in this that could be causing that? I didn't have it before adding the paintshop.

OK.. so I noticed this morning that myself and everyone on the server has the fog ring around us which from what I read happens with view distance is affected. Is there anything in this that could be causing that? I didn't have it before adding the paintshop.

nothing in this script changes veiwdistance

No this script has nothing to do with the fog ring that is arma if you have infistar and you have access to the f3 key aka the debug console put this in it and click all 3 tabs global server and I think the other one is client this is all lower case <<<< 0 setfog 0

My apologies when you say to add thsi to run.sqf

in _allowedDialogs like this: _allowedDialogs = [-1,602,6666];

I already have this    _allowedDialogs = [-1,602,7777];

Should I change it to this?

_allowedDialogs = [-1,602,7777,6666];

My apologies for the noob question but I've only had Inf for 1 day and when i google stuff it takes me to his forum thats seems to be down.

Simon