GTX Your experience with this company.

Dawg

I have a dedi with OVH direct and a dedi with OVH through GTX as well, no issues had in nearly 3 years.

the nodes are most likely not gtx's but rather some that they rent through other services ... if you rented it through some other host you have no idea if its actually one of their nodes.

not to mention i think there is talk about game servers here, not boxes ...

Brian question are you more of an experienced tech type? Where perhaps most all problems you could handle without help?

I know I am new to all this, learning but still new. I wonder if GTX is not better suited for those that can handle most everything on there own. I did notice a lot more files at my disposal with GTX.

Yes, I sort all my own issues out, also sort some out for GTX ;)  but I can't mention my community here, it's like Arma 3 Voldemort, who can't be named  :lol:

Well Brian you are fortunate then. I hope you of all people here understand then what this thread is for. I am posting my opinion which is the opposite of yours. At the same time my experience is no where near yours. I feel a thread like this can be every bit as important as all the threads with community scripts in them. I love the fact that so many share with the community. For the most part we all get along. I have learned a lot in the last several months. This experience running my own server, though it not my first has also distracted from health issues. I enjoy the constant mental stimulation.

If you want a dedi for not much money, I suggest going to SYS, a subsidiary of OVH https://www.soyoustart.com/en/essential-servers/

Well Brian you are fortunate then. I hope you of all people here understand then what this thread is for. I am posting my opinion which is the opposite of yours. At the same time my experience is no where near yours. I feel a thread like this can be every bit as important as all the threads with community scripts in them. I love the fact that so many share with the community. For the most part we all get along. I have learned a lot in the last several months. This experience running my own server, though it not my first has also distracted from health issues. I enjoy the constant mental stimulation.

Hosted servers will always have issues, long waits for things to get fixed. It's far better to go dedi, start from scratch with the files here, learn how to do things and ask on the forums for help with things you're uncertain of.

Now see I did not know anything about GTX sponsoring Epoch financially. Do you have a link to the source of your information on this topic?

lol, try look at the front page of the forum ...

again, they should rather use some of this on upgrading gameservers and customer service ...

Brian I have to agree with you. Going through a company will always make things more complicated. I have stated before the way Vert Hosting handles the issue you bring to them seems to be the more customer friendly way. Though I understand it can not be easy. I have thought about setting up a server on a computer I have laying around. At the same time though I dont have enough knowledge, really dont have the patience. So I stick with the hosting company for now. Your suggestion is appreciated.

I think the point Henry may be trying to make is the money that comes from GTX makes them the top donor listed on this forum. Which in turn goes to reasons as to why they are still an official host of Epoch even though they seem to have a bad reputation when you go looking around. Then again please bear in mind as a man with no patience I dont spend hours doing research. I search a topic look at 4-8 links and I am done.

Business exist to make money, and no GSP is without it's issues. I commend everyone including GTX and SS for making donations as they certainly do not have to do it. These GPS's have given us free hardware to test and develop Epoch so that you guys can use it on your own servers also for free. Without the generous support of all our supporters Epoch would not be where we are today. I even more appreciate those of you that are taking your time to make things for Epoch and are exploring what A3 Epoch can do, and I hope that as everything is documented we will be able to work together even more.

Lets not forget that we came from a Mod scene that used to have mods and map/mods authors making exclusive deals with GSP's and these mods often used others work. Epoch was born out of DayZ-A.M.P, this project had two simple goals make a mod that works on any map and release it free, the rest is history as they say.

I think the point Henry may be trying to make is the money that comes from GTX makes them the top donor listed on this forum. Which in turn goes to reasons as to why they are still an official host of Epoch even though they seem to have a bad reputation when you go looking around. Then again please bear in mind as a man with no patience I dont spend hours doing research. I search a topic look at 4-8 links and I am done.

you have to remmber that most people who are happy with things dont go on forums to complain, only the people that have problems complain on forums, there for paints a inaccurate picture of things , this goes with anything your ever see online if its a phone pc hardware or server hosts!!

Business exist to make money, and no GSP is without it's issues. I commend everyone including GTX and SS for making donations as they certainly do not have to do. These GPS's have given us free hardware to test and develop Epoch so that you guys can use it on your own servers also for free. Without the generous support of all our supporters Epoch would not be where we are today. I even more appreciate those of you that are taking your time to make things for Epoch and are exploring what A3 Epoch can do, and I hope that as everything is documented we will be able to work together even more.

Lets not forget that we came from a Mod scene that used to have mods and map/mods authors making exclusive deals with GSP's and these mods often used others work. Epoch was born out of DayZ-A.M.P this project had two simple goals make a mod that works on any map and release it free, the rest is history as they say.

dont get me wrong, i never intended it to sound like they should not be donating to support you or i in any way think that is wrong ... however i do belive some of them could and should be spending their money on better things than advertisement (like upgrading hardware and or customer service).

Halv has a point. I did not start this thread to tear anyone down. Just to let others know who is who among companies. I will not try to deal with them all. Just the one I looked around for myself and could not find anyone saying anything nice. I did this after I already was a client. If GTX would spend some of the money they donate to improving what they have to offer they would be benefiting Epoch as well. If I am new to all this and I choose GTX not knowing there history I will get frustrated fast. When I ask them a simple question and I get back we will not answer that go to the forums......That does not make me feel welcome. That makes me feel like they will be useless. Then there forums are not all that helpful either. Searching for things is impossible unless you read more than 20 threads. I have spoken to Griffin about this. He has excuses for his employee. Makes me think that is the only guy working this with him and they are working on getting rich and dont care about anything but money.

Awol look at how they donated that money.....it suggest they only want to stay number one donator so that people use that as a reason to sign up with them. If i had the money I would love to donate it. I love what you are doing with this game. I dont feel that companies should get easy marketing by through around money and then treat people as they do. I only got money back from them because of my attitude. Not everyone has the attitude to deal with poor businessman. I blame it on growing up in the shadows of the greatest U.S. city NYC. I got all the attitude I need to handle it all. It all seems to come right at me. 

Well if you are a Vet of Dayz then maybe you dont remember how hard it is being new to it all. When I got my first Origins server I went based on price. I never looked at the reputation or forums to learn more. I liked Origins but at the time did not know that you had little to no power as the admin. I was very naive back then.  Also that is why I started this thread. Though if you noticed it has been decided to have nothing to do with Epoch and so off we go to the back of the lot. LOL. Hey I have to thank them for not deleting the thread I guess.

If we help on person with this thread its worth it.