Using ASDG_JR, now not listed on Arma 3 Launcher.

Taco

Question

Hi I've been trying to get my server up and running for the past few days and appreciate all the help this forum has provided.

I've pretty much figured out all the scripts / mods that I'd really like to have on the server. When adding in the ASDG_JR mod it worked great and has been not causing any sort of issues in game but now my server doesn't seem to be listed on the A3 launcher. When I do a server check on their website it comes back with the following error; "Oh snap! Found unknown mod: ASDG Joint Rails 0.16" 

What I'm really stumped with is that I downloaded A3 Launcher initially through the A3 Launcher. I also switched it out to the Armaholics version just in case there was some sort of error with that instance of the mod. Is there some file that I need to edit the title of in order for A3 launcher to recognize this? 

I don't use the launcher myself but am concerned that since so many players do not many are even going to be aware of the server on offer. 

thanks

5 answers to this question

For clarification, when you say "Arma 3 Launcher" are you referring to the stock launcher that comes with Arma III ?  or are you referring to the A3Launcher by Maca?

The reason I ask is that I was not aware that one could download mods from the stock launcher. (That doesn't mean it can't be done, it just means I'm  a little slow :wacko: )

For clarification, when you say "Arma 3 Launcher" are you referring to the stock launcher that comes with Arma III ?  or are you referring to the A3Launcher by Maca?

The reason I ask is that I was not aware that one could download mods from the stock launcher. (That doesn't mean it can't be done, it just means I'm  a little slow :wacko: )

ah sorry for the confusion. yes the maca one. it seems to always cause issues for me. 

edited the thread so it's clearer. 

I have to concur.  For example, the A3Launcher's AiATP does not work for many.  Seems some servers running the version found on armaholic/BIS don't have two files found in the A3Launcher's version and players get kicked. Its confusing and frustrating for those players (and server owners who have to add those files in order for person's using that particular launcher can join their servers). 

Perhaps this is the case with that mod as well. Perhaps you should ask over at CCG or through the A3Launcher help page.

While I appreciate (even though I don't use one other than the default launcher) what the various launcher's try to do (ie make things easy for the less pc game inclined), I wish there was a way to come up with at standard repository that all pulled from (players and servers).  The way Steam's Workshop is set up, I don't see that as the venue either.

oh ok I'll try that I was under the impression that ASDG_JR was needed in tandem with CUP in order to make any of the sights work properly. it would be pretty rough on players trying to join without it.