HALO from vehicles, arma 2 style (no chute needed)

Halvhjearne

these scripts will allow players to HALO from vehicles in mid air (250m alt) and open a parachute without carrying the parachute backpack.

to install, put all files in a folder called custom and in your init within a:

if(hasInterface) then{

add this:

[] execVM "custom\halo_out.sqf";

currently pilots cannot be allowed to HALO from the vehicles, since it would then stop updating and be left hanging in same position, as it was when last player exited it, in mid air after next restart.

github link:

https://github.com/Halvhjearne/Halv_haloout

have fun

regards

Halv

:D

year... what does they say ?

Halv ? Community Dev ?

its just a title ... not sure if vbawol felt i actually needed it or if he just felt bad that i could not post yesterday.

either way titles dont really mean much to me personally, but its very nice that i dont have to wait when posting a new topic like this.

It seems my little joke doesn't translate well to our European friends :)

It's a common joke in England, nobody has said anything nasty about our Halv, honest

lol, i kinda got that.

Hey whats up halv man haven't talk to you in a little sorry man been on vacation but im back now , I have been testing out this on the server and boy its final I love you <<<<lol but for real though works great and no issues what so ever so far but great work man and I am glad to have you on the team man and hope all goes good.

will this work without infistar?

most likely non-admins will be teleported back up in the air without parachute, when using default antihack.

but try ...

strike that, aparently it is default antihack compatible (i guess they improved the anti tp)

most likely non-admins will be teleported back up in the air without parachute, when using default antihack.

but try ...

I dont use Infistar, but after 1 kick and checking the scripts.log

13.06.2015 07:45:53: [DH9] Simon  #16 "eCollisionWith player;

player moveInDriver _chute;

_chute setVelocity [0,0,0];

waitUntil {isTouchingGround player || !alive pla

i added to scripts.txt line 17 in notepad ++

7 setvelocity !"alive pla;" !="eCollisionWith player;"

Added both because i wasnt sure wich one to add after I was kicked. And everything worked, I also got a non admin to test it and was all good, his exact words were....sweet! :)

An Achievement me getting something working without asking!!!!!

simon

Ok final update, this has been working like a boss had one of my players tell me that it ejected all of them from the chopper with out any one hitting the halo jump button i have tried to duplicate it but hasnt happen so i think there is no issues what so ever man great work halv and keep up the great work man every one on here needs to say thank you for all you have done and all your time. <<<<<<<FROM ALL OF US OVER AT EPOCH PRO THANK YOU HALV!!!!    AND ALSO JUST SO OTHER PEOPLE CAN TRY IT YOU CAN GO INTO THE SQF AND ADJUST THE HEIGHT AT WHICH YOU GET THE OPTION ITS THE ONE WITH ARROWS POINTING AT IT BUT DONT USE THIS UNLESS YOU REMOVE THE ARROWS OR IT WILL NOT WORK. JUST TAKE THE 120 AND ADJUST IT TO WHAT YOU LIKE BUT DONT GO BELOW 100 FEET.

HALO_OUT.SQF

if((getPosATL _vehicle) select 2 > 120<<&& !(_vehicle isKindOf "Parachute_base"))then{

Ok have found one issue with it for some weird reason people are ejected out of there chopper just out of the blue i have seen it happen 3 times yesterday dont no what it could be they all say they were just flying along and bam all are ejected to there deaths with no chute did remove it just to see and has not happen since, i put it back in and with in a hour it happen again just a heads up.

Ok have found one issue with it for some weird reason people are ejected out of there chopper just out of the blue i have seen it happen 3 times yesterday dont no what it could be they all say they were just flying along and bam all are ejected to there deaths with no chute did remove it just to see and has not happen since, i put it back in and with in a hour it happen again just a heads up.

what is the classname of the chopper?

was the little bird the mohawk and the hellcat and the orca so most of them

i think it happends when the pilot jumps, im hoping i prevented that now by blocking for pilot/copilot+if player is last in vehicle (since you can switch seat in taru) ... try update the files and see if you can replicate it

First. Very amazing and awesome script.

But i have one problem. People they eject and use the HALO Jump, they crashing suddenly on the ground. Its like the map attracted them.

I hope you ore anyone have a fix for me.