hackers vs glitchers?

CorruptHawkeyez

We have had quite a few glitchers that just think it is cool to glitch into someone else's base when they believe an admin is not around. Even after warning them that it is not allowed in our server. They won't do it when they see an admins regular name in the server, but if we leave and return a little while later under another nickname, they start their glitching into bases. Should we as admins have a place to post these names/PID's so other admins can know about players, or should we just let it go; and let the other admins have fun finding out on their own? If we did have a place to post for glitchers, shouldn't we then also have a post for hackers along with their PID's?  Maybe have a running list of players that have been caught red handed.

As above , shared ban lists seem great but .....

1. I admin servers for different games , worked in the security industry for 10+ years so fair to say my ethics dont allow for personal cheating. I just sont do it and have a zero tolerance policy for those who do ...

2. I dont play on servers i dont admin on any more or at least know the admin on a personel level because of the amount of times ive been " caught " glitching , or " using aim bot cause no way you made that leading shot from800 meters away with no scope " .

3. Now as outlined i dont hack , glitch or use exploits. When i win i want to feel pride in doing so , and at 35 years of age i game for competive fun not glorified griefing ..... but ... there are always some idiots who with the best of intention swear by all they hold dear you must of cheated to get into that base without explosives ....
* ignoring the go kart and attached sling from the hovering orca *  ....
* ignoring the small atv and the lock boxes you guys left open after combat logging when we threw grenades over your walls *

So with the above points covered , now lets include the players who run their own servers and just dont like losing to more organized and experienced players.

SEEING any problems now with  A NAME AND SHAME??? come om there are heaps of issues with it m8. Great intention but Terrible idea.

Oh, this go kart sling trick :D Such great way to get into other peope's helis sometimes. Too bad I can't do it alone.. I tried the other trick the other day - mosquito. Landed with mosquito in a tiny room with enclosed Humming bird. Damaged my mosquito but managed to fly off with humming bird after few tries.. too bad the person won't notice it since the base was degrading.

I've said this before, but I think part of the problem today is the server admin. Too many give second chances or slaps on the wrist (24 hour bans, etc.) Ban them and be done with them. Permanently. Ask yourself, is this someone you want to be playing with or associated with? Do you want your server known as one that has admins you can walk all over?

Yeah, we've had some regulars test us in our server on the glitching into someone else's base. I give a warning first to let them know that we don't allow that on the server. If i catch them again after the warning, they get no warning that a ban is incoming. Usually even after banning a regular, I don't believe we've ever had any of them come to our teamspeak and ask for the reason why they got banned. I love hearing the excuses as to why they are glitching, giving all sorts of excuses, such as the modders should fix the issue all the way back to the developers of Arma 3 needing to fix it. In my opinion, it's all about integrity, and if I can't trust you then why would I even want you playing on my server...

I got banned for glitching in to my own base, When i left the group by mistake and could not unlock the door, Thankfully my friends was able to get me unbanned as they didnt have a website or teamspeak to get hold of the admin. so if i was playing that server on my own i'd still be banned now LOL

Today I somehow warped through my cinder wall while I was equipping a weapon and pressed sprint. Thankfully it wasn't high, so I didn't die. But it was weird, like that wall did not exist at all. Is this how it's done? :D Don't tell. Either way, I couldn't reproduce it second time, so maybe just random glitch. I still never managed nor even persistently tried to glitch into my own base for testing purposes, I am just busy looting. Epoch buildings, yeah, when I was stuck in them couple of times, also glitched into rocks multiple times (when my jammer was stuck in them).

However, I think many people do not take many precautions while building bases, for example my past 2 bases where glitch proof, because even if someone somehow got inside, they wouldn't be able to loot anything as everything is in a lockbox. And with 0303 patch it is too easy to get a lockbox now. In containers they sometimes spawn in bulk.

I got banned for glitching in to my own base, When i left the group by mistake and could not unlock the door, Thankfully my friends was able to get me unbanned as they didnt have a website or teamspeak to get hold of the admin. so if i was playing that server on my own i'd still be banned now LOL

We've had some of our members doing this, as an admin we can see the PID and the name of the person that put the jammer down.....IF they are in the server at that time. If they aren't in the server, all we see is the PID. So if a person that is NOT the group leader is inside a base running around "looking" like they just got there and checking all the shelves; I will ask them to show me that they can open any of the doors. If they can't open the door, and there is no walls blown up, then I will teleport them back outside of the base and politely inform them of the no glitching rule in effect on our server. I also let them know, the next time I catch them glitching into a base they will be banned.

Today I somehow warped through my cinder wall while I was equipping a weapon and pressed sprint. Thankfully it wasn't high, so I didn't die. But it was weird, like that wall did not exist at all. Is this how it's done? :D Don't tell. Either way, I couldn't reproduce it second time,

This happens all the time for me and a couple of streamers i watch. one of the main reason rushly123456 is not a big fan of A3. the rest of us play around the bugs like we have in the past will all the arma's and mods lol

In arma 3 you pass though any object from epoch building parts to map buildings and even vehicles. not sure if this can ever be fixed, till then we are always going to have this problem. :unsure:

Pretty sure the player model pivot point has something to do with it. Center isn't center of player model, but rather like half a meter in front of them. That's why you always get stuck in things and fall off things and die in doorways when you try turning or spinning. Multiple people have begged BI to change it but they haven't budged.

We have had quite a few glitchers that just think it is cool to glitch into someone else's base when they believe an admin is not around. Even after warning them that it is not allowed in our server. They won't do it when they see an admins regular name in the server, but if we leave and return a little while later under another nickname, they start their glitching into bases. Should we as admins have a place to post these names/PID's so other admins can know about players, or should we just let it go; and let the other admins have fun finding out on their own? If we did have a place to post for glitchers, shouldn't we then also have a post for hackers along with their PID's?  Maybe have a running list of players that have been caught red handed.

Shared ban lists really have the potential to be abused.

DaRT community bans list for arma 2 had ways around that where you could pick from different lists, 

ie. Only bans by dwarden, only bans by high ranked communities and such. or all bans... I used dwarden's list only, was the only one I trusted. 

As for rule breaking, rules are subjective, and often left up to interpretation. 

What I see as glitching, or combat logging may be something entirely different to what you believe it is.

So if I was to ban someone on 21DMD for base glitching, and then the player heads off and goes to a server like Zenith or ZR or something, 

and we were sharing a bans list... then they'd be banned there too.

now what if Stench or Fubar or whoever has a different view of what constitutes glitching into a base? 

Better idea would be a good 'report a cheater' function, that would refer the offending players account to battleye, and potentially global ban anyone found to be guilty of hacking. (at least until the next steam sale when the piece of shit buys a new key for next to nothing... but it's something at least)