What the hell have they done to this web site? :(

TuBz

Is it just me but in the last day or two... the site seem down more than up here in the Uk and when it's up it takes and ages due to DDOS checking..before it loads... sort it out guys.. my regular every 30 mins checks have now gone to ohh i'm really bored lets try it again...nope same old laggy web pages:(..

Is it just me but in the last day or two... the site seem down more than up here in the Uk and when it's up it takes and ages due to DDOS checking..before it loads... sort it out guys.. my regular every 30 mins checks have now gone to ohh i'm really bored lets try it again...nope same old laggy web pages:(..

I am doing my best with the time and resources we have, please be patient as its not like we have a dedicated team to work on the site its just me. The DDoS filter will be removed soon but first I need to make sure the site is stable.

Have to agree.  I'm not a fan of the recent homepage changes.  

The homepage changes have nothing to do with the DDoS protection, attack, or subsequent downtime.

I am doing my best with the time and resources we have, please be patient as its not like we have a dedicated team to work on the site its just me. The DDoS filter will be removed soon but first I need to make sure the site is stable.

The homepage changes have nothing to do with the DDoS protection, attack, or subsequent downtime.

I was not saying the DDOS thing was not needed but never known any site to take so long about it.. and it's not like it's one go you have to go through it twice at least before seeing anything of interest! a small delay would be fine but in this day and ages.. even a couple of 5 second delays...well lets just says with super speedy broad band and all that people just don't like to wait:).. glad to hear it may not be a permanent thing..and the new pages will grow on us old folk...just seems with delays as though there's more layers of delay before we get to our daily reading:)

I'm just an old grumpy git bored... and thought rather get frustrated with it SAY SOMETHING...keep up the good work!

Vbawol ... why don't you ask for help here? There are many of us(ers) that can help and contribute with time to this community.