CodeBis

DayZ Campaign System [DevBlog] [Alpha release soon] ["Community Ideas Collection Pot"]

DayZ Campaign System

[DevBlog] [Alpha release soon] ["Community Ideas Collection Pot"]

So I would like to start the development on this again due to many requests, I hope this will be a great and cool addition to DayZ and will make the game more "new" again.

Here I would like to collect/share and develop the ground structure into something great.

Please share your ideas on possible Missions/a story/checkpoints etc.!

So, what is the "DayZ Campaign System" ?

Well, it basically creates the Story/Mission system for DayZ just like most games have nowadays.

A Mission system split up in chapters which complete after successfully completing each chapters checkpoints.

In the end you will know secrets about DayZ's story and how each Map became a zombie invested world. It will also give Players loot, vehicles, action and more fun.

So, why would the Players play the mission more than once? If it's the same story?

Well, the goals I have in mind are:

- Depending on your decisions within the missions you choose a path, so each time making different decisions will bring you different content.

- Also, each Map will have its own story, so you will always want to play all maps, and it will also populate all regions of DayZ, so everyone will see all sides of each Map.

- In addition there will be secret "Easter eggs" which basically are hidden loot spawns within the missions.

So this is where we are at the moment:

Ground structure done:

- Interactive Checkpoints/AI Spawns

- your "overwatch team leader"

- Loot Spawns

- decisions of the players change the course of the story

- explosions/gimmicks to make it interesting (different events)

My goals:

- Servers can choose from different locations to adjust it to their server needs (different campaigns or the same one in different areas)

- Easy config file to adjust difficulty/Length/spawn time/respawn time (if at all)

- More gimmicks (mines, tanks?, action loaded!)

- creation of Easter eggs within the missions to make it fun and interesting each time (special hidden rewards etc.)

Community ideas:

- SHARE THEM! :D

First release: More info soon!

Stress test release (Major Mission System): More info soon!

Progress: [[0%][5%][10%][15%][20%][25%][30%][35%][40%][45%][50%][55%][60%][65%][70%][75%][80%][85%][90%][95%][100%]]

Big credit to Vampire for his AI Spawn script and ground structure from his mission system since it is one of the key parts of a good mission system (may change to a self developed one soon but for now BIG CREDIT TO HIM, it made this project possible!)

It would be great if some of you could let your creativity go wild on this, I really need some more inspiration considering the story and such...  :)

On a different note, I will be finishing up the stress test version ASAP, so be ready for it in the next couple days  ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By EditedSnowHD
      Hallo all,
      First I want to say i'm not the owner of this server. I just really like the server! Why?
      Well it reminds me of the good old days, and it has an 'OG Epoch feeling'. This is because the map isn't edited and the loot is really balanced. 
      You can't just join, get 25000 coins and start shooting with a tank. It's not like those servers. Ow and another thing, if you open up a map, you won't see like 300 activities all going on at once, not turbid at all. 
      The server also uses the original silver/gold system and everything you find/build/shoot feels really rewarding. 
      The addons added to the server really add something special to the experience on the server, and not distract you from the original feeling.
      I have just played for a few days on the server, and there a few standard players (and the owner is really kind!). But we're still looking to share this amazing experience with other people who might be searching for the 'OG Epoch feeling'.
      Already sold? Here is the Server IP: 78.143.13.42 port: 2302 , Server name: [EU][PvP] GGWEZ DayZ Epoch Chernarus - FreshDB | HC | Gemcrafting
      Link to loading screen and rules: https://imgur.com/a/kIsfXaX

Features:
      Deploy Bike (old bike).
      Gem Crafting (static Weapons, decorations and more).
      AI Base.
      Custom Vehicles.
      Missions.
      Indestructible bases.
      Take Clothes.
      Spawn Selection.
      Custom Economy and Loot (Really well balanced IMO).
      Lift object with heli.
      Custom Trader City (Really cozy).
      Refuel at gasstation.
      Dogs.
      Street, -Buildinglights (for at night).
      and much more!
      Mods:
      @Epoch
      There also is a Discord channel where you can meet up and share info (like about the AI base or player builds).
      Discord: discord.gg/M6w2fun
      Staff: Drashyy & Mfkrp9 & EditedSnow
      If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me! Hope to see you in Chernarus.
      Edit 10-05-2020: I'm now part of the staff! Im a moderator on their discord.

• By must1ka5
      Undead Wasteland Livonia DayZ Server is offering experience what most of servers don't have!
      Server has a reasonable amount of mods (mods what actually is useful and cool) and uses vanilla Livonia map without any custom building bull**st.
      Reasons why you should join Undead Wasteland server, has many
      - Mods what help make game better and for a more lively experience!
      - Vanilla map without any modifications!
      - Server IN EU!
      - 99% lag free (due good costume hosting on high performance system with lighting fast fiber internet connection)!
      - Users support and feedback!
      - Automatic server restarts, after every 5 hours!
      - In game help and commands system!
      and many other awesome features, so come yourself to discover even more!
      Server info
      Server Name: Undead Wasteland Livonia Trader|Items|Airdrop|Mission
      Server IP: 104.214.227.228:2302
      Server Location: Netherlands
      Available via DZSA Launcher or official launcher.
      Announce!!! Correctly we are looking new staff members to our administrators team.
      Please join and start discover Undead Wasteland DayZ server!
      https://discord.com/invite/mayZQUX
      See you Survivor!
    • By Adam1911
      TWZ - The Walking Z Overpoch Server
      Server IP: 54.37.244.16:2302
      Discord: Discord
      Top Server Features:
      PvE Only Server.
      Dedicated server for max performance.
      6 Hour Restarts.
      Full day/night cycle. (No Voting)
      Indestructible bases.
      Custom AI Missions.
      High loot spawns.
      Slow (Walking) Zombies.
      Custom Traders. (10k/50k/100k/500k humanity)
      Paychecks every hour. (Scales with humanity)
      Humanity Quests.
      Anit Stealing for all vehicles. (Prevents anyone from stealing your vehicles)
      Simi Militarised.
    • By must1ka5
      delete
    • By THAC0_Gewch
      https://github.com/OlofTheBald/DayZ-Humanity-Loadout-Granter/tree/Epoch_1.0.5.1

Updated for 1.0.6.x
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord