(temp) lootfix for animation crash Arma 1.46

Halvhjearne

Question

i hope this will help someone, it is still waiting to be being tested on my server next restart (in about 2h from now) now, im hoping this will do the job and help someone else.

Removed link

put this in a file called lootfix.sqf and put it in the root of your mission

in your init.sqf within a 
if(hasInterface)then{

add this:

execVM "lootfix.sqf";
pls report any other objects crashing and i will include them ...

workaround in new server files, update those instead of this, pls

Skimming through it, it seems to delete the objects that crash the client if/when a player is near.

yes ;)

Someone said this client-crash is for Linux-servers only?

not the case, this is on my windows server ...

i just restarted to test this, will write back if it does not work, but i expect this should temp fix it ...

The crash seems to be only related to config based animations not the RTM ones. BI knows about this and we are pushing to get them to fix it asap.

There is also the option of using 1.44 till BI can address this issue: use the beta access code: Arma3Legacy144

Working nice, shoeboxes are fine

cool, thanks for reporting back on that.

There is also the option of using 1.44 till BI can address this issue: use the beta access code: Arma3Legacy144

problem with that is players will likely never know about this and most likely just leave the server they played on the third time in a row they cannot log in, not comming back to that server again  ...

Right now the only thing crashing me is the wooden cabinet with the mirror in it, and it's doing if consistently. And I am using 2 AMD cards in crossfire configuration. I have had it happen the last two I just found. I have had no issue yet with the steel cabinets and have looted plenty.

This should be fixed now with the recent Arma hotfix for 1.46, update your servers and revert this temp fix.

requiredBuild = 131175;

Update: still getting reports of clients crashing as of 131175, looking further into it.

Is that confirmed with the new server build? Patched players can log onto an un-patched server with this hotfix....

This should be fixed now with the recent Arma hotfix for 1.46, update your servers and revert this temp fix.

requiredBuild = 131175;

Update: still getting reports of clients crashing as of 131175, looking further into it.

my server and my user's client are both updated with this 1.46 hotfix. but same crash is still occured too.

(sorry for my bad english)

edit : I mean , BI's hotfix didn't work with this crash. I'll add Halv's script to server

FYI this temp fix breaks looting shipwrecks as it removes the contents from the chest and dumps them on the ocean floor, before a player can use the special underwater loot popup window.

Reported it here:  https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/issues/315

Here is also a link to the original crash bug:  https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/issues/308

FYI this temp fix breaks looting shipwrecks as it removes the contents from the chest and dumps them on the ocean floor, before a player can use the special underwater loot popup window.

this is a known problem and a minor price to pay for not crashing untill the loot dissapears ... not to mention this is an old thread from before the server fix was released so basicly it has nothing to do with the script mentioned in this thread (which btw was removed).

this is a known problem and a minor price to pay for not crashing untill the loot dissapears ... not to mention this is an old thread from before the server fix was released so basicly it has nothing to do with the script mentioned in this thread (which btw was removed).

Fair enough... however this thread is one of few applicable google hits from trying to research this issue.  Hence, my reply includes the official links on github to the bug(s) so the next guy that google sends here can take a short cut.