Exile or Epoch

Beani

Lets not feed Trolls on this one..

I have been playing both extensively. For me its about what keeps player entertained.. I see the player base will probably think the mods are similar. However they both have their key features and the "back story" is different.  I'd like to say we at DMR will run both servers still however we have to see what the player base wants..

I hope we can see both mods being successful and big up to both DEV teams I know they are both working hard and don't need any of the Trolling that has been going on.. 

Ta

That is what I think too I am no way bashing  either mod I am excited to see the creativity within both mods I am hoping they actually push each other in some great creativity nothing wrong with a good competitive motivation.

Apart from obvious similarities, Exile has some interesting features (or tweaks) which I hope will be implemented in Epoch at some point. Now can't remember what in particular I liked, but it would make Epoch a much better mod. Either way, Exile to me looks too much like wasteland and has not enough freedoms compared to Epoch (you can do in Epoch practically whatever you want). Will I play Exile? No. But I will monitor its progress notheless. My heart is at Epoch :)

There's a place for both.
Mods can contain similar features, yet be so different from one another and draw in entirely different kinds of players

Compare Vanilla DayZ mod to DayZ Epoch for instance.

They both have Z's.... one's even based upon the other, yet they are completely different.

I'd even say that they're played by different kinds of people

I'm not trying both to compare stability. I'm trying both because I see a potential demand for both,

As said above, exile seems to have a more of a 'wasteland' type feel to it, and having been an avid A2 wasteland player, sinking in countless hours on au steak n beer server, that appeals to me.

I also seen from experimenting

with arma 2, that a lot of players enjoy antagonists. i removed the zombies from one of my servers, people wanted them back. i was shocked. i just felt they were a nuisance.

each mod will appeal in ways to some people that the other does not.

On the topic of performance, I think though, comparing 1.44 to 1.46 in terms of server side FPS, we have more to worry about from BIS and their future updates. than either mod.

massive serverside fps boost with this latest update,  almost as much performance gained back, as what i lost since 1.40

In a way I would say that they feel similar but both have their own solutions for different problems. It's safe to say Exile probably wouldn't exist without Epoch laying a standard for the DayZ mod back in A2.

Unfortunately I have seen that some of the Exile fans in anticipation have attempted to bash Epoch. This makes absolutely no sense as it is not a rivalry. At least not a hostile one.

As I am quite an insider on the Exile mod development I know the developers don't support any type of trolling and name calling towards other mods. They have in fact stated to their fans that they don't approve of this in any way shape or form. Yet I did hear they got banned from the Epoch forums? Even Maca134 who on his own has supplied the Epoch mod forums with great stuff like the M3Editor. It might be out of place to ask about these politics but I do wonder what the reasoning was behind that.

In conclusion; t will be interesting to see both of these develop along side each other.

Why? It is not Epoch related, created in offtopic board and does not insult anyone or promotes violence. I already see things in Exile that I do not like and I will never consider playing this mod as I prefer being a "mad max" not "fugitive" with predestined goals. Yet the discussion doesn't hurt anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

There is always several sides to every story and unless you are directly on one of those sides, you don't even know half the truth.

However, what is put out in the public limelight is there for others to make their own decisions.

What I see:

The backers of this mod are a few servers hit with monetization letters.

Don't know much about the dev team but I have read and heard that 2 fit the above statement.

Their public has already started the bashing and trying to enrage a public to cause a contagion within.

Their public are already doing it in side chat in both official and unofficial servers.

I see a group that are hungry for money and want control of assets.

In turn they are within their rights on the monetization list to sell their own assets.

What I feel:

This should be free and open discussion.

However, Their public have already pushed it beyond what can be a safe topic when the bans started

What I want:

The best mods that an Arma 3 community can ask for, regardless of name or development team.

Cross-Mod ideas that can be implemented by the owners without too much extra effort.

A peaceful set of communities that can freely discuss their ideas without harm or foul as well as in turn take out their frustraions on the battlefield through some fun gaming.

I mean no disrespect to anyone with these statements.

I wish all good luck!

There is always several sides to every story and unless you are directly on one of those sides, you don't even know half the truth.

However, what is put out in the public limelight is there for others to make their own decisions.

What I see:

The backers of this mod are a few servers hit with monetization letters.

Don't know much about the dev team but I have read and heard that 2 fit the above statement.

Their public has already started the bashing and trying to enrage a public to cause a contagion within.

Their public are already doing it in side chat in both official and unofficial servers.

I see a group that are hungry for money and want control of assets.

In turn they are within their rights on the monetization list to sell their own assets.

The server that are backing the mod up are the people who are extremely good at code. Maca134, Infistar and few other. Are some of the main people. Theses people are very good at what they do. Maca is skills made an DLL to make epoch work with MySQL and with test run, it performed better then Redis. Infistar is the only person who know how to make anti-hacks, well their are others but hes the only one who stays up-to-date. As for their pubic going and bashing epoch on servers side-chat. Are not even in the private alpha testing. You have to keep in mind that even the epoch community some of them go to other epoch servers and hack and advertise their own server on others. So where the difference in that? Other then small community i don't see the DEV of exile 'hungry for money'. If they wanted money they would have don't a "Official Host" group. Instead they have a private group who are testing it right now after the test. Its being released to all at the same time. So i don't see this group you talk about and they allow monetization, they realize that people will do it anyways so why make a big deal out of it?

again, i am just talking here.

• 4 weeks later...

How many are going to try both to compare stability I for one have to see the hype of both mods side by side anyone else?

No idea what that is but I am ready to engage and prove Epoch is far superior in every conceivable aspect (perhaps except download size).

fanaticism.jpg

I think it will be up to the gaming community as a whole that will ultimately make that decision. It will come down to which mod has the most quality features and the best gameplay that offers the best performance to the end user.  Arma 3 has a long way to go before it gains the user base that Arma 2 has/had because of the popularity of the DayZ mod.  Currently there's no mods out there that are pulling people over to A3 left right and center like DayZ did.  As a result, the A3 player base just isn't there right now to support a bunch of different mods.  I'd say that within the next 6-9 months something will hit the wild that will fill that gap and Arma 3 will follow Arma 2's path and see a big uptick in popularity.  Which mod it will be that finds itself as that catalyst is still up for debate.  I have a gut feeling which it will be, but only time will tell.  

I think it will be up to the gaming community as a whole that will ultimately make that decision. It will come down to which mod has the most quality features and the best gameplay that offers the best performance to the end user.  Arma 3 has a long way to go before it gains the user base that Arma 2 has/had because of the popularity of the DayZ mod.  Currently there's no mods out there that are pulling people over to A3 left right and center like DayZ did.  As a result, the A3 player base just isn't there right now to support a bunch of different mods.  I'd say that within the next 6-9 months something will hit the wild that will fill that gap and Arma 3 will follow Arma 2's path and see a big uptick in popularity.  Which mod it will be that finds itself as that catalyst is still up for debate.  I have a gut feeling which it will be, but only time will tell.  

you have 2K posts, as an active community member please share your opinion. it is completely okay to repeat Epoch is the best.

Darth is a great guy, his post count is skewed.

he generally has a ratio of 5 to 1.

5 fapping posts to 1 info post!!!!!!!

:) kisses

LOL

you have 2K posts, as an active community member please share your opinion. it is completely okay to repeat Epoch is the best.

9869953.jpg

LMAO!  You guys are a trip!   :P

Back on topic, I think the community will be split somewhat.  Me personally, there's things I like about both mods, Epoch and Exile.  I hate to say it, but I think part of the waning in community interest in Epoch stems from the lack of zombies. Zombies have been done to death, yes, but that's the Epoch that people knew from A2 Epoch and that's what they expected in this new generation and it was a shock and disappointment to many folks when it wasn't part of the new vision.  In my opinion I think it was a mistake to release A3 Epoch to the public without having the new antagonists fully fleshed out, debugged, and a full back story to go along with it to give players something to get behind and help them become immersed in the Epoch lore and culture.  On Epoch's release the antagonists were buggy and, in the case of drones/AI, very overpowered (and they still are honestly), which really turned people off and drove lots of folks away, and as a result they didn't stick around long enough to see what all there was to offer.  Couple that with a shaky building system and it's easy to see why Epoch hasn't really taken off yet.  So now the Exile team believes they can create a new flavor and make it better, and perhaps that's true.  I like what I'm seeing from them so far and their development team's roster is certainly highly capable and very talented, but there's still a ways to go, and the same can be said for Epoch which is just now 1/3 of the way through its development.  All that being said, that doesn't even take into account the 2017 mod, which brings its own take on the post apocalyptic survival genre.  

All 4 mods look good in there own ways/

- Epoch: Good concept. Had my fun playing it. Lacks survival ( the mobs are just not really my thing). I'm only dying because i get randomly shot driving into a town. ( Loot, build, die in random pvp)

- BreakingPoint: Looks good. Nice category system. Didn't play it that much. Looks hard to get started. Found almost no loot and got shot fast ( everyone spawns at same place it seems ?).

- Exile: Nice potential. Simular to Epoch. No Mobs in it ( survival aspect again). Going for the modern look and activities. Promissing side features like teritories.

-2017 : Long waiting time. Video's does look good (Love the survival clothings and atmosphere). Survival aspects looks better. No clue about customization and further gameplay.

All 4 mods look good in there own ways/

- Epoch: Good concept. Had my fun playing it. Lacks survival ( the mobs are just not really my thing). I'm only dying because i get randomly shot driving into a town. ( Loot, build, die in random pvp)

- BreakingPoint: Looks good. Nice category system. Didn't play it that much. Looks hard to get started. Found almost no loot and got shot fast ( everyone spawns at same place it seems ?).

- Exile: Nice potential. Simular to Epoch. No Mobs in it ( survival aspect again). Going for the modern look and activities. Promissing side features like teritories.

-2017 : Long waiting time. Video's does look good (Love the survival clothings and atmosphere). Survival aspects looks better. No clue about customization and further gameplay.

The expected Zupa quality, and now in game reviews! Thanks for taking the time.

As you can see even in good quality reviews, Epoch is explained at the very top as the first entry.

Why?

cuz it's THE BEST - as we all agree.