[EVENT] 2nd Server Hosters Meeting June 19th

lowrey

To all Epoch hosters and server admins.

I would like to invite you to another TS session on Sat 19th June. I will open my TeamSpeak server up to all to have a chat about server hosting and administration.

Our last session was very productive and we got a fair amount covered. You can read some notes in my follow up post here:

I’m happy to change the day/time if that’s what we want. Just post your ideas in your reply.

There will be two sessions [although I will be on most of the day]
8pm UTC - Universal Time (UTC)
7pm EST - Eastern Time (ET)

Agenda:
Epoch/Arma 3 Performance

Linux vs Windows

Best Practice

Build testing
Q&A

Words from the wise

All are welcome but there are one or two rules!

No trolls [except of course MGT]!

This is not a session for bitching!

Constructive feedback ONLY!

OK 3 rules.

We’ll be talking about any server related topic including help with setting up.

Once again I’d like to see some of the top faces there again, last times turnout was really good, let see if we can better it.

Sessions will last an hour [was a lot more in our previous session].

I didn’t hear anything back from vbawol about running this on their official epoch TS server. For now, assume it’s the same as before:

TeamSpeak 3 Server:
ts.doggsofwar.com:12517

Thanks,

Mike.

Just wondering guys after the meeting maybe post the issues ideas that you talked about. It would be interesting for us who may not be able to attend to them talk about them on here and 2 for the devs to read what we are experiencing with the mod. Just an idea I will try and attend though

Just wondering guys after the meeting maybe post the issues ideas that you talked about. It would be interesting for us who may not be able to attend to them talk about them on here and 2 for the devs to read what we are experiencing with the mod. Just an idea I will try and attend though

Last time Mike posted a summary so i'd expect one after this :)

First time was good, no bitching and any handbags, just server admins discussing the mod and brain storming, it was all very mature and productive, all admins are welcome.

Aww man, I'd love to attend this but I'm flying back from Toronto on the 19th and won't be able to. Would love to hear what other server admin are doing to keep performance at tip top levels.

Ts for Android =]

I'll be lurking in a dark corner.

If this is happening Sat night i'm there

Sat night?... what, did they cancel it?  The internet is a ghost town, wtf is going on, am I losing my mind? lol

Oh wow they did sneak Saturday in there didn't they...  If that's the case, how is it no one else is wtf'ing?

sadly yes as it was last night i think FRIDAY the 19th

No, I got on last night and not one soul was on, everyone was like DUH IT SAID SATURDAY...

I would like to invite you to another TS session on Sat 19th June.