Arma3 New Terrain Launch

a first glimpse of Tanoa – a South Pacific archipelago with a land mass of over 100 km2, and home to lush tropical vegetation, unique landmarks, a rich history, and imposing man-made feats of modern engineering. Besides the new Tanoa terrain, the Arma 3 expansion will include new vehicles, weapons, attachments and gear, characters, playable content, and more. The expansion is scheduled to be released in the first half of 2016 and will be distributed as DLC for the base Arma 3 game.

Situated in the South Pacific, the island province of Tanoa is one of many that, together, compose the Horizon Islands – an independent island nation with historic ties to both East and West. Formerly an outpost belonging to the Empire of Japan, before its liberation by US Marines in 1944, evidence of a long history of conflict and turmoil can still be found dotted across the island – relics from times long-since passed.

Nowadays, Tanoa thrives off rich deposits of rare earth metals exported the world over, but controversy and civil unrest have long surrounded these efforts due to the perceived social, economic and environmental impacts of their exploitation. Tanoa is also believed to be a hub of illicit trafficking in the Pacific, but no formal charges have ever been raised.

In 2035, Tanoa continues to enjoy a prolonged period of apparent peace and prosperity, but the volatile geopolitical situation on the world's stage threatens to destabilize the region, and plunge it into darkness once more.

Tanoa will be the first South Pacific destination featured in the Arma series. Previous Arma locations included the Mediterranean islands of Altis and Stratis (Arma 3), the Eastern-European country of Chernarus (Arma 2), the Middle-Eastern nation of Takistan (Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead), and various other terrains in the fictional Armaverse.

with a land mass of over 100 km2

stopped reading there... seriously, I have waited something more than mere 100 km2 which is not enough for epoch.. but it will be great for battle royale I think. Either way, it looks amazing so far, all the green green greeeeeen. Though will it be playable this year or only after the release of that DLC?

stopped reading there... seriously, I have waited something more than mere 100 km2 which is not enough for epoch.. but it will be great for battle royale I think. Either way, it looks amazing so far, all the green green greeeeeen. Though will it be playable this year or only after the release of that DLC?

It gives terrain builders more objects :D

ETA is early next year as DLC

Looks to me like just another update we have to pay for! I already purchased the bulk DLC now if I want it I will have to buy this? BI is just getting greedy now!

What you purchased was Heli, Kart and Marksmen (which was unreleased at that time but included in DLC bundle). I am 100 percent sure you will have to pay new money for this new terrain DLC. Though if it costs 20 euro then f-k you Bugemia.

It's based on New Zealand, the screens are already leaked. Apparently, the narcissistic spoilt bastard, Rocket, had a large influence in the choice.

Say what you want about Rocket but New Zealand is amazingly beautiful and I for one can't wait to do some battles on Middle Earth.

Hey maybe we can swing some people at BI now and take some heat off the Epoch devs.

ARE WE THERE YET?

WHEN'S IT GOING TO BE DONE?!

GOD THIS IS TAKING FOREVER

ITS MY TERRAIN AND I WANT IT NOW!

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO RELEASE THE BETA ALFA TO US SERVER OWNERS SO WE CANZ TEST IT FOR YOU??

YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T HIDE IT FROM US FOREVVVVVVVERRRRRR

WE WANTS IT WE NEEDS IT MUST HAVE THE PRECIOUS!!

Australia looks good. My only concern is it's pretty big.  Probably too big.

We will see though.

Variety is a good thing so the more the better with maps that are designed from scratch with newer terrain features.

Australia looks good. My only concern is it's pretty big.  Probably too big.

We will see though.

Variety is a good thing so the more the better with maps that are designed from scratch with newer terrain features.

Australia is a Badass map. 360kph in a Sports hatch across desert is a blast. We have been doing 700kph combined speed head - on collisions, its fantastic.

Planes are a must as well.

The screen shot Richie added I think is for another map they are working on to be released E3 next year,

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/45860/arma-3s-new-terrain-surface-looks-incredible-recreation-tanoa/index.html

The one coming out in two days is rumored to be between altis and cherno which i am super excited about!

http://www.pcgamer.com/arma-3s-new-terrain-will-debut-at-the-pc-gaming-show/