[Release] Customize your debug_box

Darce

If you feel the need to jazz up your respawn point, hopefully this will help you.

An example:

cheese2_zpskuyznkhz.jpg

Cheese1_zpsfdxtypqr.jpg

Tools required:

Notepad++

PBO Manager (or similar)

M3Editor  ( Many thanks to Maca134 for this awesome tool)

This pack from github

Unzip the github files to your hard drive.  The amphi.altis folder needs to be placed in "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Arma 3\missions

Load A3 with Epoch and M3Editor and start the amphi.altis mission.  It will start with the default debug_box and clone vats we all know and love.  Use your mouse-wheel to select "Delete" and you'll be left with the basic teleporters.  The little orange sphere is there to represent _respawnwest.  This is where your players will come into Altis initially.  You can use the delete button at any time to remove all items within 35 meters of the sphere (Items placed with the M3Editor can be cleared from there).

Mouse-wheel to Spawn, and you'll be presented with a demo scene of an ancient amphitheater.  Note that the teleports have moved (they're behind you!).  Cool?  Restart the mission for the next bit. 

Now mouse-wheel to select the M3Editor, and load the amphi.sqf project file.  You should now have a spiffing ancient amphitheater with three teleporters.  Have a play around, move stuff, get familiar with the editor.  Press Esc to exit the editor and run around, mouse-scroll to go back.  Clicking anywhere on the map will transport you there.

Once you're happy, you need to "export to sqf".  amphi_sqf.sqf is an example using the amphi project.  Now the fun starts...

Load spawn.sqf into Notepad++, this is to test the scene you have created will actually load into the game properly.  Some items placed in the editor may bounce, explode, or vibrate like crazy in "the real world"  :D

Load your sqf export into Notepad++ and copy the _obs array to paste over top of the same array in spawn.sqf.  In spawn.sqf, cut the "Transport_C_EPOCH" lines from the _obs array and paste them into the _final array.  This tells the script where you want them moved to.  Restart the mission, hit Spawn and see the changes you have made.

Once you're happy with the results, follow the same process with the cloneroom.sqf within the "cloneroom\serverside" folder from the github files.

All that remains now is to pack the cloneroom folder into a pbo file and place that within your "@Epochhive\addons" folder.  Flash up your server and, all things going well, you'll be running around your shiny new spawn point.

What can go wrong?:

Nothing happens:  Check your server_rpt file.  If there is no reference to cloneroom, then you have packed the pbo incorrectly, perhaps there's no prefix?  "x\addons\cloneroom".  If it is there, but you have some weird error, check to see if the last line of your _obs array ends with a comma.  That's naughty, don't do it.

Only part of my scene is loading:  You have fallen foul of a formatting error.  It'll be one of those double-damned ;

My teleporters are sending me to the wrong places:  Swap around the lines of the _final array until they match up.  Use a pencil and paper, this took me ages the first time  :wacko:

But what is the go with "UserTexture10m_F"?

This is for your custom signs, Remember that big, ugly LXM advert in the amphiteatre?  That's one of them.  If you decide to use this, then the image files need to be packed into your mission.pbo (until I can figure a way to store images in the cloneroom.pbo)  Have a look at the original spawn.sqf, line 52 to see how these are formatted.

Good luck, hope this helps you out.

Yup, not going to stop trying though  :ph34r:

its not possible, you might aswell give up, however theres a slight chance you can stream it from a webpage perhaps, im not sure about that.

Only way I know to keep the image server side is to make a mod that all your players would need to download and install

that would be exactly the same if its in a mission or a mod ... either way client will still have the picture ;)

• 3 months later...

Here is what started as a spawn/trader zone I'm adding to my server .. but now possibly tp from orig spawn room to this one .. little more work on it this was first draft .. Ive changed some since this shot .. gives it the worlds end look ..or  sorta a thunder dome look. at first was going to be trader spawn point .. but traders died or stuck in the floor lol spawning in players seems to not be an issue on the pool

Didn't know someone else had a similar idea lol. 

bornholm_arena.jpg

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel