Disable Steam "In-Game" Message?

Ctrl-Alt-Rage

Hey guys! 

I've been running a pretty successful local server and there's one thing just irks me. It always load my steam up as "In-Game Arma 3".

Now, while I don't mind that because it's not breaking anything. It's also saying I have 300+ hours on record of Arma 3 when that's not the case haha.

My son also thinks all I do is play games when I'm working in my office and I have to explain to him it's just a server running.

So, is there anyway to disable that?

For now, the only thing I can do is start the server with Steam closed. Then load up steam. But as soon as the server restarts, of if I hop on the game itself to play, it will stay up there.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah I know that's an option, too. But then that disables my ability to receive messages from friends. Was curious if there was another alternative. 

Mess around with the non steam game option. Maybe you can rename what you are playing

Use steamCMD and don't run the server from your steam directory.

doesnt matter.... when he starts up steam... it recognizes it again...

had something similar on the root server... i only needed the steamclient for the stomping land server which wouldnt be listed in the serverlist if you start it without the steamclient

and when i tried to close the steamclient also the steamcmd installed arma servers were closed...

doesnt matter.... when he starts up steam... it recognizes it again...

had something similar on the root server... i only needed the steamclient for the stomping land server which wouldnt be listed in the serverlist if you start it without the steamclient

and when i tried to close the steamclient also the steamcmd installed arma servers were closed...

I don't seem to have that issue. Try to rename your server exe to something else besides the default name. I also have my port at 2322 instead of the default 2302.