Script geniuses, look over here.

MrEnzO

Question

Hi people. Any chance that one of you geniuses can make a script out of these two things. 

Put your backpack on your cheast or legs/grone area, so you can have a parachute on your back while you flying. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19220

Eject from helicopters. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19220

I think this would be a nice addon. You could even try to put it infront of the legs/grone areaas shown in this pic.

DSC_0095_375-Copy.jpg

There is also this, but you need other stuff downloaded. I don't know if that has to do with the menu system for it. But here they have place the backpack infront of your legs. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28837

21 answers to this question

So no takers on this? I even found this.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25459

Just tested to add it to to the server, Got kicked of course. And I can't learn to make a filter if my life depended on it. Tryed it, read about it, can't get it to stick, other things....no problemooooOOooo...... but BE filters, nope can't.

Anybody else think this would be nice to have?

the problem with that is vehicles stop updating when you "leave" it, so even if it blows up, its back in mid air next restart ...

I'll take your word on that Halv, I don't have much to do with our Wasteland server, seperate admins for that.

Maybe you can work your magic ? you know you can :p

I'll take your word on that Halv, I don't have much to do with our Wasteland server, seperate admins for that.

Maybe you can work your magic ? you know you can :P

lol, prob ... i already made the scripts, but that bug and a bug with mowhawk/huron that ejects all players was the reason i put it on the shelf again and did something else ... i might dust it off and try again to see if i can figure a smart way to update it after last player ejects (worst case i guess pilots must go down with the "ship").

I do miss the auto-chute from A2.

Wish it was "assumed" that when you enter any chopper you get equipped with a parachute and when you exit it's removed or the ability to use it.

Seems a bit "unrealistic" to not have one in the chopper you are entering and that you couldn't put it on and jump with it in A3

I do miss the auto-chute from A2.

Wish it was "assumed" that when you enter any chopper you get equipped with a parachute and when you exit it's removed or the ability to use it.

Seems a bit "unrealistic" to not have one in the chopper you are entering and that you couldn't put it on and jump with it in A3

... there are parachute bags you can use, currently its kinda up to you if you want to carry one instad of your bag.

i have actually yet to try if vehicls stay floating after restart when you parachute out, with an actual parachute bag ...

The IgILoad script allows ejecting from the crew areas of helicopters and temporarily replaces your backpack with a parachute. Once you land your parachute is then deleted and your pack reappears. Be warned that you must do some very minor configuration.

The problem with the wasteland magic parachute is that it allows players to glitch thru walls with ease. I mean it's really easy and unfortunately the anti-glitch features won't help to stop it.

the problem with that is vehicles stop updating when you "leave" it, so even if it blows up, its back in mid air next restart ...

I have tryed this all day with diffrent vehicle and I can't get it to get stuck in mid air on next restart....

Well I have done that in planes, mosquito. I have tryed to just fly the all the choopers and just press esc and jump out to lobby, when flying. And the only thing a got was that the sound of the chopper was there when I got back in, but only sometimes.