Never mind the Blackhawk... I want a wooden post

That Dude

A vertical wooden post the height of a wall.

Basically a section of tree trunk, I've wished I could craft one often when trying to fine-tune base builds - filling small gaps... creating 'arrow slits' etc. Also, aesthetically, it would make a big difference having that available so floor/ceilings didn't often end up with one end 'magically' floating in mid-air... Things having to be left not relating to gravity like that is a bit frustrating when you've spent ages on a nice base.

So a simple thing but I think posts would be really handy.

Thx and cheers for a classic.

Sounds good Vbawol, its something I've been wanting. Many of the larger items are too big to accurately place and items such as concrete walls are too opaque to see clearly. 

Not sure if there is a way to place smaller pieces that could be upgraded to a larger one in the db. 

The other issue is when placing floors it does something strange to vehicles, especially ATV's but have seen V3S somersault because of it. Is this down to the spawn in mechanic of vehicles at server start up or is it down to the floors not being level. No matter how hard we try eventually placing multiple floors leave steps all over the place.

• 5 weeks later...

I really, reaaaally hope there will be Posts and 1/3 Posts to match the heights of walls and 1/3 walls. Just a small thing that will make a big difference. It just opens up a lot more building opportunities that would otherwise look silly. I hate seeing floating and other such unrealistic looking buildings. 

Just imagine it, a base up on posts to raise it up out of low-lying water such as the lakes, and coast. Or even one built up into the treeline and on-top of rock peaks that look like they could actually be there without being blown down by the next mild wind. Even just for supports, patching and realism inside bases to put that polishing touch on your happy little home :D