Parachute spawn system

KroSaver

Hi,

I present my parachute spawn system.

Description: 8 parachute spawns in altis and custom loadout.

Screen:

ceec5e29083888ca2ac8709952dbe083.png

INSTALL GUIDE:

1- Go to you mpmissions folder and extract epoch.Altis.pbo with PBO MANAGER and paste forlder spawnsystem in root epoch.Altis

2- Go to epoch.Altis folder, open mission.sqm and add this class:

class Vehicles
	{
		items=1;
		class Item0
		{
			position[]={23600.76,3.1900001,17992.961};//Spawn camera EPOCH 0303 Altis
			azimut=180;
			offsetY=0.2;
			id=1;
			side="EMPTY";
			vehicle="Land_InfoStand_V1_F";
			skill=0.60000002;
			init="this enableSimulation false; this allowDamage false; this allowDamage false; this addAction[""Parachute Spawn"",""spawnsystem\initspawn.sqf""]";
		};
	};

If you already have the vehicles class within the class add add only:

class Item0
		{
			position[]={23600.76,3.1900001,17992.961};//Spawn camera EPOCH 0303 Altis
			azimut=180;
			offsetY=0.2;
			id=1;
			side="EMPTY";
			vehicle="Land_InfoStand_V1_F";
			skill=0.60000002;
			init="this enableSimulation false; this allowDamage false; this allowDamage false; this addAction[""Parachute Spawn"",""spawnsystem\initspawn.sqf""]";
		};

WARNING!!! Edit ItemsX + 1 in you class vehicles and put the following item number in Item0.

3- In you description.ext add this line: #include "spawnsystem\dialog.hpp"

4- Battleye filters, add in you scripts.txt this filters

7 exec !="[] execVM "spawnsystem\spawn.sqf";" !="execVM "spawnsystem\initspawn.sqf";"
7 createDialog !"createdialog "spawn_dialog";
7 displayAddEventHandler !"(findDisplay 666) displayAddEventHandler [\"KeyDown\",\"true\"];" 

GITHUB: https://github.com/KroSaver/epochmod-spawn-system

Regards.

I had a problem with the halo script installation and now with yours Krosaver.. I think there is something I am obviously not doing correctly. Perhaps you can enlighten me as to what I am not doing correctly.. I created a flash video.. sorry for the poor mic quality.. was my crappy one didn't realize I had it plugged in over my other one.

I made a video of my troubles.. perhaps you can help me understand what I did wrong.

Not working: Getting a "Resource spawn_dialog not found" message, when I go to the stand that is placed in spawn area and click on "Parachute Spawn". Also stand has a blank page in it, no writing or map or anything.

I also can't see where you call out your dialog.hpp file.

Hard to tell but initially it looks like when you put in the "class markers" there are at least 7 markers. class Item0 - class Item6. The line immediately below the "class Markers" line is the number of "class Items" you have in that loop. You show "items = 3" it should be changed to "items = 7" if you have class Item0 - class Item6 if it were 0-7 then it would be "items = 8"   (no quotes). 

class Markers

{

items = 3;

class Item 0

Should be

class Markers

{

items = 7;                                         or what ever the number of class items you have in that loop.

class Item 0

also it is an absolute that the parens { } match up exactly so when you deleted the one in your video I think you needed to delete 2. Keep the same flow as it was before. Thats what the very light lines are telling you in the software your using. and that is why when you code you show the indented parens to match the indent of the one associated with that loop.

You might look at this forum item for adding spawn points. Im looking at it now. It doesn't helo in but it gives you 2 or 3 more. I wish KroSaver would respond becuase I think this would be very interesting to helo in. There is a problem with the spawn_dialog which I think is really the spawn_dialog.hpp or has to do with the spawn.sqf. I'm have not done much coding with SQF, I have learned to add others stuff and can read a decently coded mod but not any good at creating code. That is my next step.

Looks like post #87 tells you how to implement.

i dont know why ppl keep making these spawn systems based on a trigger (not to mention this is also based on markers) in the mission.sqm, it just complicates things so much more than necessary, especially for the end users that often dont even know how to derapify ...

Sorry me for slow to respond...

I've updated the script and you do not need to add the Markers in mission.sqm.

Look at GitHub installation instructions are very simple.

Sorry my English is bad.

Working now ;)

i dont know why ppl keep making these spawn systems based on a trigger (not to mention this is also based on markers) in the mission.sqm, it just complicates things so much more than necessary, especially for the end users that often dont even know how to derapify ...

This is why, it should have clear instructions for advanced users. If you don't know how to use Eliteness do not attempt at using this script.

Simple fix. But most authors believe that everyone knows how do handle these things by now. Maybe not so for new users of less then a few months.

Otherwise I think this is a great script for Advanced users.

This is why, it should have clear instructions for advanced users. If you don't know how to use Eliteness do not attempt at using this script.

where does it say this in the instructions?

Simple fix. But most authors believe that everyone knows how do handle these things by now. Maybe not so for new users of less then a few months.

Otherwise I think this is a great script for Advanced users.

scripts posted on forums like this, should always be written as easy as possible for the end user and with clear instructions on how to install.

thats not exactly possible with this, when you have to edit mission.sqm and for advanced users im sure there are better not to mention easier alternatives to this.

where does it say this in the instructions?

scripts posted on forums like this, should always be written as easy as possible for the end user and with clear instructions on how to install.

thats not exactly possible with this, when you have to edit mission.sqm and for advanced users im sure there are better not to mention easier alternatives to this.

@KroSaver

you can easily change this avoid the use of mission.sqm, you can spawn the console on the server and either pv the object to the clients or you can search for it near marker position "respawn_west".

Because it does not engage in a more productive thing to criticize by simple instructions in the post of others?

I wrote this script to my server and only what I wanted to share, who likes can install it and ask for help.

By people like you do not want to post anything there.

Because it does not engage in a more productive thing to criticize by simple instructions in the post of others?

I wrote this script to my server and only what I wanted to share, who likes can install it and ask for help.

By people like you do not want to post anything there.

first off if you did not notice, then i was adressing the guy above wich came whit a rather stupid comment.

second i was actually trying to help you improve your script, but after what you just said, i really couldnt care any less ... 

.sqm files are not immediately readable. You have to use a simple software product to do what the call "derapify" the file to a usable text. Then modify it with something like notepad++. Save it, then "repify" and rename it *.sqm. (old sqm filename). Use the following, Eliteness.exe from "Mikero's Dos Tools" list of simple software (Arma) programs.

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

Got the files to work. All looks good but some players are complaining that they start the spawn in and after about 20 - 40 sec after parachute open they are automatically respawned where they opened their parachute and are parachuting in again with chute opened. Also have had some glitch and die where they glitched. Can't figure these out. Code looks good. Any one else with problems?

Thanks for all your work KroSaver. I hope everyone realizes you didn't have to share any of your coding with anyone. So I for one much appreciate your sharing. The number of spawn points and the helo in is a great addon. Don't get discouraged, again nice work.

Got the files to work. All looks good but some players are complaining that they start the spawn in and after about 20 - 40 sec after parachute open they are automatically respawned where they opened their parachute and are parachuting in again with chute opened. Also have had some glitch and die where they glitched. Can't figure these out. Code looks good. Any one else with problems?

Thanks for all your work KroSaver. I hope everyone realizes you didn't have to share any of your coding with anyone. So I for one much appreciate your sharing. The number of spawn points and the helo in is a great addon. Don't get discouraged, again nice work.

I had problems with InfiStart, users who were not admins could not see Spawn Parachute panel.

What you said to me I would not have found, it opened to see if your antihack gives problem with teleport users or have some other code that is activated by using the spawn system.

Thank you.

Ok I get no script errors. Have the terminal inside the debug box but it only said to press inventory button. Doing so just opens my inventory. Am I missing something? I've followed all of the steps from the install.

Ok I get no script errors. Have the terminal inside the debug box but it only said to press inventory button. Doing so just opens my inventory. Am I missing something? I've followed all of the steps from the install.

hey,

allow the addaction in the antihack.

sorry, was just my first guess, i never use this script, and looks like the autor is not often online....

i never tryed this spawnsystem, and I will make it determines not bad, but just use Halv System.... u can easy dissable the spawngear, if u dont like it, or remove the donatorspawns easy....

again: I want this script here,not make bad!