Looking forward to 0.4 Milestone and suggestions

DirtySanchez

Loot was never hard to get in Epoch. Wtf are you all talking about. I tested dozent of servers during more than 2k+ h actual epoch playing time. Arma 2 DayZ mod not included. I played on nearly every big and even some small communitys and loot was never rare.

Not even back in the DayZ mod.The !AS50!(yes nato mags were very common) was more used than the akm. Only fresh players had strugle for the first 2 days to get at least a acog. Take of your  rose-tinted spectacles while you watch back to arma 2 dayz epoch. Never saw the tentbug in DayZ? It was there for months and was probably never rly fixed. Big guns were very common...regardless if it was a supder duper tripple x hardcore server.

Using a 180 kmh suv instead of a 30kmh gaz limo to cross the vybor fields , unattractive group fights with revive and 10m watchtowers or a poorly buildingsystem are some of the examples why it is like it is and not the current loot.....

What do you mean? the native map structures all come down with 1 sachel, they are the easiest thing to destroy giving everyone full access to your "base".

The EPOCH cinder walls take about 11 to breach...

2) Hoarding is the bane of Epoch server performance. Dozens of players building giant bases to hoard hundreds of loot items and several vehicles that never leave the garage are bogging down the database and server cycles. With no practical way to hurt these bases (especially when built in an Arma building), hoarding spirals out of control until world limits are reached which then kills the server population.

Quick fix for hoarding - make rules against it and be active admin and look what players are doing. I mean, it is so easy to fight against it, I just think most admins are just too lazy, they come online once in a week, do few missions and log out. If they have no interest in overlooking at they own server, then better just to close it.

Of course there is no way to fight people hoarding stuff in lockboxes or shelfs (like me), but it is very easy to make people not to want to keep 10 different vehicles and 5 choppers in a group of 2 players.

I see Epoch as much more then what some can. Hosting and scripting different types of epoch servers allows me to look into it further.

If anything I think Epoch as more a database structure that needs

1. Lots more configurations for admins to adjust in a control panel environment.

2. We can make the server how we see fit. (different epoch environments)

3. Work with others on content, and not being forced to remove epoch features. (everyone is different)

4. Epoch offers new and exciting things to add if you want. Themes= true :)

since I quoted this wasn't a zombie thing anymore in 2013, I would assume it is much more a complete sandbox mod allowing you to build the environment.

I hope that's the direction epoch is going, because I don't see epoch a zombie simulator game at all, I think of it as an environment.

I wanted to make a separate thread for that :D The stairs design is obnoxious. There is no safe way of using them and I have been dying climbing down Epoch stairs at least 5 times. And whenever you want to climb up, you have to vault/jump over them (or just sprint over that pole). It should really be either removed or redesigned.

Also gg building a base in Chelonisi :D many server admins are blocking that area for some reason.

Really nothing to do as a team? I think you've just been at the wrong servers

The entire epoch population as a whole has waned. On a busy night now, there might be a single US server with more than 40 people on it. Three months post release of 0.3, there really isn't much left to do for those that have been playing daily. We've all done the missions and PVP is lighter each day with declining populations.  

I think it was especially rough this go around with the near indestructible bases. We hit our world limit (7500 @ 100 pieces per jammer w/ 5 day decay ) in 14 days and the server was paralyzed from that point forward. We had gone higher (15000) on a previous hive, but that just slowed things to a crawl - so it really wasn't an option. Two weeks in, we were left with minimal base building (i.e. only a few slots freed each restart) and base raiding was basically only for large groups since it required a HEMTT full of satchels to attack even poorly built structures. 

In our community, most people have moved on to other mods (e.g. Wasteland, KOTH, CO-OP) or other games. We are currently waiting on Exile or maybe a revamped Epoch 0.4 to get the community excited about Arma again.

To each their own. I think devs will tweak the damage systems in next patches, but to me this is not a huge issue at all. I was never a fan of base raiding. But I guess I am in the minority here. Wait for next patch though. Want those damn stairs fixed!!! :D And free mode for ghost snapping :D

Yes and as each new game gets released it declines even more and but now the steam summer sale hits so maybe we will get a few more or a few less. It's anybody's guess

Dat ark tho.

Populations are going to go up and down during development regardless. As long as improvements are being made, additions, changes, and at least a few server admins run their servers right, people will keep an eye on it.

BI have a solution :unsure:

Qw8RgYm.png

Image source Cad Comic

I like your choice of words here lol, by BI you mean Arma 3 epoch .. the truth is Arma 2 benefited from Dayz and Dayz epoch, and Arma 3 is getting lots of players from king of the hill and wasteland ...

We have moved on to to  arma 2 Dayz Vanilla mod, king of the hill, and we are enjoying arma again; what epoch need is a solid updates from now, i don't want material thrown in that don't work, not tested, take your time test everything release stuff that works in the game, adding material just for the sake of attracting players isn't going to work we understand this is alpha so take your time.... 

@ DirtySanchez to give you feedback on server admin material , 5 of us played on your server back in the early days of arma 3 epoch and we had been playing for 2-3 weeks when we noticed that all of the sudden one day there were lots of items spawning they were spawning like crazy on the floor floating in the air we would walk in two buildings and find about 3-4 lock boxes each not to mention the amount of cinder metal etc.. we thought it was best to report this to a server admin so that they are aware of this issue , i called in your ts and spoke to an admin and they told me yea thats a script added to make more loot available nothing is broken, that little script ruined our experience and that was the last time we played on DonkeyPunch, we then moved to FireCock and they were are home for quite some time until one by one got bored playing epoch and went different mods.. 

I guess with scripts like this you win some and gain some players.. but I just wanted to share with you the danger that comes with added server admin material there is a fine line what you can add.. and thus `i don't think we should be rushing the devs to release anything too soon, players play mods they like regardless, while they may not like alpha epoch they may love beta or fully released epoch...

thats my 2 cent

I like your choice of words here lol, by BI you mean Arma 3 epoch .. the truth is Arma 2 benefited from Dayz and Dayz epoch, and Arma 3 is getting lots of players from king of the hill and wasteland ...

Not my choice of words, it was done by CAD, I can't even use M$ Paint :lol:

The beginning of Donkey Punch was fun, but those days have been over for a while.

0.3 and my rebuild allowed for more customization and custom loot was removed with the ability now to modify the loot tables.

Wasn't necessary anymore for ground loot.(oops build 9!)

I did what the public wanted then and now its all about dat vision..

Thanks Knight for your reply!