''Ghost snapping'' when building a base NEED HELP

Cryptex94

Hey there, I need some noob friendly advice on how to make wooden floors ''float'' like some sort of balcony/platform. I've seen plenty of bases that have done it before without putting something under it that they later on remove. Sometimes it works and the floor or object I'm trying to build will stay in ghost mode and float after completing it but some also fall down and leave the ghost mode instantly. 

Any information regarding this issue would be very helpful, thanks in advance! :)

You need two floors stacked about halfway through of each others before you can snap properly the ghost floor that you want snapped. This way it doesn't fall to the ground and you don't need divisions or foundations. Then rinse and repeat and move those two floors around in free mode, stack em on top of each others then build the other parts.

This is a great way to build perfectly snapped floors started from a set of stairs unlike divisions that make a bunch of gaps when you use them.

Sometimes it will work with only one floor but you can't go wrong with two.

You need two floors stacked about halfway through of each others before you can snap properly the ghost floor that you want snapped. This way it doesn't fall to the ground and you don't need divisions or foundations. Then rinse and repeat and move those two floors around in free mode, stack em on top of each others then build the other parts.

This is a great way to build perfectly snapped floors started from a set of stairs unlike divisions that make a bunch of gaps when you use them.

Sometimes it will work with only one floor but you can't go wrong with two.

Could you draw us a picture?

Dunno, I liked the idea of physics before I actually started building in epoch. Nothing seems to work out right and people are just cheating physics to do stuff like this so what's the point? I guess it might work out in the end.. I'm just not seeing it yet. Everything is wonky as fook unless you find ways to cheat physics. I just can't get excited about building like I did in dayz epoch... yet anyways.

Dunno, I liked the idea of physics before I actually started building in epoch. Nothing seems to work out right and people are just cheating physics to do stuff like this so what's the point? I guess it might work out in the end.. I'm just not seeing it yet. Everything is wonky as fook unless you find ways to cheat physics. I just can't get excited about building like I did in dayz epoch... yet anyways.

Didn't they cheat physics too? What's wrong with it?

dp6ZTvE.jpg

Or this? It doesn't even have support, I call it hacks!

tehSpMg.jpg

Didn't they cheat physics too? What's wrong with it?

Or this? It doesn't even have support, I call it hacks!

I'm not talking relative physics =P I mean Physx, you shouldn't have to find loopholes in the system to get it to do what you want to do, especially if it makes sense.  Like getting pieces to actually snap together properly, being able to set some parts partially into the ground, etc.  Instead we gots rickety, wonky bases with gaps everywhere lol.

Here is our latest base design 80 meter high sniper tower.

Snapped_Base.jpg

Love the moon door! I can picture this in DayZ standalone where you knockout/tie the hostage and force them through the moon door hahaha.

Out of curiosity how many items did it take to build that? Whats your maintenance cost - curious to know where that fits inside most server build limits.

Love the moon door! I can picture this in DayZ standalone where you knockout/tie the hostage and force them through the moon door hahaha.

Out of curiosity how many items did it take to build that? Whats your maintenance cost - curious to know where that fits inside most server build limits.

Moon door is very good when people are camping the main entrances and it's usually hard for them to aim up high. Although it's very scary in a pvp I almost had an heart attack thinking I was going to fall down shooting down with a machine gun. Another cool thing with that design is we can paradrop from the top of the sniper tower!

Server limit is set to 300, the base has about 296 objects last time I paid the maintenance.