Need help with server 100 Ai's spawning

jhk655

Question

Got a problem with my server spawning 100 AIs exactly. They are listed under the "Normal Players" section of the admin menu with random altis-y sounding names. When I kill some of them, the server just spawns more in after a certain interval.

I can hardly walk around at all in the starting spawn "Clone" room, because there are so many invisible AI in there. When a run into them I can hear tons of footsteps as they move out of the way a bit. So I'm thinking the server might be spawning them in as Phantoms?

I've looked through the server files, and tried to do google searches, but can't find any information that would help me. What can I do to stop my server from spawning all these AI? Thanks in advance.

11 answers to this question

Well first thing is i would need to see your server rpt file and also what ai missions you are running to even try to help you sounds like you have a ai mod thats spawning in ai like crazy since you probaly have not look at how it spawns in the ai!!!

I have only 1 AI script running: A3EAI, and my server was having this problem since before I put the script on there I think. Also I set A3EAI to only spawn in 15 AI at any given time. The Invisible AI im talking about are being treated as players. When I exit to the server connect screen, All the other slots say "AI player" on them. I can switch them to Human, but it doesn't change anything.

Secondly, I would love to show you my log. But for some reason my server is refusing to produce them anymore. I must have changed something that makes it not log anymore.

Is your description.ext missing somehow in your mission file? Removing "disabledAI = true;" from the description.ext would lead to what you are describing.

You...fucking...genius.

Goddamnit! I set disabledAI= false when I first got the server, because I thought it applied to the UAV's or something. I completely forgot I changed that. Thank you! Changing it back now...

My server FPs shot up by about 20-30 without all those extra Ai doing nothing. lol. thanks again.

Oh ok glad to see you got it fixed wish you would have said this>>>>>>>When I exit to the server connect screen, All the other slots say "AI player" on them<<<<<<< i would have told you the same thing but always check the desc for stupid things like that can always be one little thing in there and bam your scratching your head like wtf did i do lol.

You...fucking...genius.

Goddamnit! I set disabledAI= false when I first got the server, because I thought it applied to the UAV's or something. I completely forgot I changed that. Thank you! Changing it back now...

My server FPs shot up by about 20-30 without all those extra Ai doing nothing. lol. thanks again.

Excellent, glad I could help.

Oh ok glad to see you got it fixed wish you would have said this>>>>>>>When I exit to the server connect screen, All the other slots say "AI player" on them<<<<<<< i would have told you the same thing but always check the desc for stupid things like that can always be one little thing in there and bam your scratching your head like wtf did i do lol.

...wait...wut?

So, because someone else, (TheHound), was able to figure out his issue, you dare come back to insult him?

Lol calm down, i'm sure you're a genius too. Thanks for taking the time to help me out also, I appreciate it all the same.