Probably a noob question

Stimutacs

So, I have been playing for a while on a particular server. I enjoy the server. It's admins are fair, and extremely active and the community there is pretty solid. I recently installed the latest version of the JSRS sound mod and found myself auto banned when joining. The ban was due to the sound mod, however, it was quickly lifted. As I said, good community there. 

My question here is: Is it just the server that does not support the sound mod? or is it epoch it's self that does not support it? I would like to use the mod, but I don't want to go around getting myself banned from another server(s) without a little info on the subject.

Also, if it is up to server discretion on what other mods are applicable, can anyone recommend A server that does allow the mod, with a decent community base and admins? 

It's the server that doesn't support it, requires a few BE exceptions added to support it, I myself support it on my server but lately my population has dropped so i plan on a complete overhaul.

If you've found a server you're happy with then why not ask them to support it ? It just requires the keys added and all the BE exceptions done, maybe an hours work :unsure: give or take a few minutes.

I suppose there's no harm in asking. I don't really expect them to edit the way their server is run due to one player wanting different sounds though. The admins there do a LOT as it is handling various little problems that pop up in game and fielding player questions. Sorry to hear your population drop. Good luck with the overhaul. I'll have to check your server out when you're finished!

Another thing to consider;

Is a sound mod really worth leaving a server that has such a great community and active admins for?

I have test played a ton of servers and trust me, it is NO fun looking around for a new server. I wouldn't wish that "endless" searching on anyone. If you found a server that is a great fit, then stay and see if they would be willing to adopt JSRS. But that's just my unwarranted advise...

Personally, I think the sound upgrades BI made for marksman DLC are pretty darn good by themselves!

Is a sound mod really worth leaving a server that has such a great community and active admins for?

I have test played a ton of servers and trust me, it is NO fun looking around for a new server. I wouldn't wish that "endless" searching on anyone. If you found a server that is a great fit, then stay and see if they would be willing to adopt JSRS. But that's just my unwarranted advise...

Personally, I think the sound upgrades BI made for marksman DLC are pretty darn good by themselves!

Sounds like you enjoy first world problems :D

Stim -- Our community chooses not to put the sound mod because we make decisions based off of what the community wants. Now that doesn't mean the mod can't be added, and i would suggest maybe posting on our forums about it.

If enough folks want it added, we can certainly make the change.

Thanks for your concerns, and hopefully see you server-side. :)

Same. I started using dragonfire until BI updated Arma sounds and I ditched it.

Stim -- Our community chooses not to put the sound mod because we make decisions based off of what the community wants. Now that doesn't mean the mod can't be added, and i would suggest maybe posting on our forums about it.

Other players don't have to have it to join the server though. You're just enabling it so that those who want to use it can connect. It's a client side addon.

Same. I started using dragonfire until BI updated Arma sounds and I ditched it.

Other players don't have to have it to join the server though. You're just enabling it so that those who want to use it can connect. It's a client side addon.

I understand how it works, we just choose to stay as close to vanilla as possible.

I have test played a ton of servers and trust me, it is NO fun looking around for a new server. I wouldn't wish that "endless" searching on anyone. If you found a server that is a great fit, then stay and see if they would be willing to adopt JSRS. But that's just my unwarranted advise...

I certainly wouldn't leave the server I've been on over sounds. Was simply curious to the way some mods worked with this particular game mod.

Prone -- Thanks for the omni-presence :D You'll certainly continue seeing me server-side. I'll consider the suggestion thread