How to add to Loot Table?

Cavadus

I added some armed vehicles to my epoch server and I'd like to add their ammo to the loot spawn table since the ammo trucks are super wonky and not filling them up correctly.

I also want to add all of the vanilla arma 3 outfits.  Seriously, just HEX fatigues?

Where's the loot file hidden?  In a pbo, I presume?

• 2 weeks later...

So, if I wanted to add RPGs, their ammo, and vehicle ammo would y'all recommend simply adding it into an existing class array or creating a new one?  And if I create a new one, I assume there are references to it somewhere to ensure they spawn correctly, right?  And if so, where would I find them?

Well... Directly into the exits would be easier probably however you could do something like this (not tested) but you basically add the include in this case "MyStuffThatWorks" to an existing element.

class SniperRifle
	{
		items[] = {
				// SOME TEST THING
				{ { "MyStuffThatWorks", "CfgLootTable" }, 22 },

};

class MyStuffThatWorks
	{
		items[] = {
				{ { "RPG", "weapon" }, 1 },
				{ { "DOG", "weapon" }, 1 },
				{ { "CAT", "weapon" }, 1 },
		};
	};	

Thanks, Dwarfer.  I'll probably just add that stuff to an existing array or something.

Last question, how do I add my new loot to the admin spawn menu?  I downloaded epoch.hpp but all I see is a ESP-LOOT reference.  Unsure where to go after that.

Cavadus, you need to add the modified CfgPricing file in the mission folder, it needs to be in the mission folder for the clients to load. Modifiying the one in the server files does nothing.

Our server has additional vehicles and they only became spawnable for the admins once we added them to our CfgPricing file in the mission folder.

* For some odd reason the admin menu spawn items are linked to this

I added some armed vehicles to my epoch server and I'd like to add their ammo to the loot spawn table since the ammo trucks are super wonky and not filling them up correctly.

I also want to add all of the vanilla arma 3 outfits.  Seriously, just HEX fatigues?

Where's the loot file hidden?  In a pbo, I presume?

If I where you I would add this and just add the extra thing in it, plus the normal stuff, and then adjust how much you like it should spawn.

And with outfits, I don't know how to fix. As you can have them in the loot list, but you can't wear them, not all of them anyway. If you figure that one out let me know as I think the same as you. 

And with outfits, I don't know how to fix. As you can have them in the loot list, but you can't wear them, not all of them anyway. If you figure that one out let me know as I think the same as you.

There is an additional addon you can put in your server to allow players to wear all the uniforms, although I believe that it would also require the client to have the addon as well. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25422

If I where you I would add this and just add the extra thing in it, plus the normal stuff, and then adjust how much you like it should spawn.

Got it working.  Was actually pretty simple.  I just followed the instructions exactly for installation on the server (so just upload the entire zip to the arma3 directory) and then I added a startline parameter for the mod.

Clients need to also install the mod.  If they don't they can loot the uniforms and see others wearing them but will not be able to equip them.

Need some help, not sure I'm getting the class names quite right.  I edited the machine gun arrays to include static HMGs, AGLs, and launchers and then I added the associated ammo the MG ammo array but now my server won't start.  I noticed that an item can be tagged as either weapon/magazine or CfgLootTable.  I just don't know what should be what.  

Could anyone clear this up?  Here are the two arrays I edited:

class Machinegun
	{
		items[] = {
				{ { "LMG_Zafir_F", "weapon" }, 1 },
				{ { "Machinegun_arifle_MX_SW_F", "CfgLootTable" }, 2 },
				{ { "LMG_Mk200_F", "weapon" }, 3 },
				{ { "launch_NLAW_F", "weapon" } 1 },
				{ { "launch_RPG32_F", "weapon" } 1 },
				{ { "launch_Titan_F", "weapon" } 1 },
				{ { "launch_Titan_short_F", "weapon" } 1 },
				{ { "B_HMG_01_F", "CfgLootTable" } 1 },
				{ { "B_GMG_01_F", "CfgLootTable" } 1 },
				{ { "O_HMG_01_F", "CfgLootTable" } 1 },
				{ { "O_GMG_01_F", "CfgLootTable" } 1 },
				{ { "Machinegun_m249_EPOCH", "CfgLootTable" }, 3 },
				{ { "MMG_MarkDLC_EPOCH", "CfgLootTable" }, 1 }
		};
	};

class MachinegunAmmo
	{
		items[] = {
				{ { "MachinegunAmmo_200Rnd_65x39_cased_Box", "CfgLootTable" }, 8 },
				{ { "130Rnd_338_Mag", "magazine" }, 6 },
				{ { "MachinegunAmmo_150Rnd_762x54_Box", "CfgLootTable" }, 10 },
				{ { "MachinegunAmmo_100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", "CfgLootTable" }, 22 },
				{ { "200Rnd_556x45_M249", "magazine" }, 19 },
				{ { "150Rnd_93x64_Mag", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "NLAW_F", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "RPG32_HE_F", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "RPG32_F", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "Titan_AA", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "Titan_AP", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "Titan_AT", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "500Rnd_127x99_mag_Tracer_Green", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "500Rnd_127x99_mag_Tracer_Red", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "200Rnd_127x99_mag_Tracer_Red", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "200Rnd_127x99_mag_Tracer_Green", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "100Rnd_127x99_mag_Tracer_Red", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "96Rnd_40mm_G_belt", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "40Rnd_20mm_g_belt", "magazine" }, 10 },
				{ { "MachinegunAmmo_30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", "CfgLootTable" }, 29 }
		};
	};

Got it working.  Was actually pretty simple.  I just followed the instructions exactly for installation on the server (so just upload the entire zip to the arma3 directory) and then I added a startline parameter for the mod.

Clients need to also install the mod.  If they don't they can loot the uniforms and see others wearing them but will not be able to equip them.

Have you tested how the mission AI react to it. Does it work with that too. I don't mine that player have to download something as I am working on a weapon/vehicle/object modpack.

CfgLootTable should only be used if its another class so change them to magazine or weapon

Well, that's what I did but it broke my server.  You can see the exact code I used.  I added it to the mission pbo and then my server wouldn't start.  Reverted it and it started up just fine.  As you can see I added launchers to the LMG arrays.  I must have messed something up, however.  No idea what it was, though.  The code looks solid to me.

Have you tested how the mission AI react to it. Does it work with that too. I don't mine that player have to download something as I am working on a weapon/vehicle/object modpack.

They ignore it completely.  It has no effect on them whatsoever.  So it's perfectly compatible with A3EAI, Andre Convy, and SEM.

Arrrhhhhhh :-)

Think i see it "B_HMG_01_F" is a Vehicle :-)...

Not sure you can use in the loot table like that. You would need to find the packed version (to then deploy if it even exits.). Remove them leave the ammo in and try again.

Alright, will give that a try.  Will report with results in a few.

Here's the new code for the LMG/ammo arrays in loots.h:

UPDATED

class Machinegun
	{
		items[] = {
				{ { "LMG_Zafir_F", "weapon" }, 1 },
				{ { "Machinegun_arifle_MX_SW_F", "CfgLootTable" }, 2 },
				{ { "LMG_Mk200_F", "weapon" }, 3 },
				{ { "launch_NLAW_F", "weapon" }, 1 },
				{ { "launch_RPG32_F", "weapon" }, 1 },
				{ { "launch_Titan_F", "weapon" }, 1 },
				{ { "launch_Titan_short_F", "weapon" }, 1 },