[HELP] Arma Server Monitor - Multiple Servers

mimic

Question

Hello,

I have a dedicated server machine with 2 Epoch servers running on it. I setup ASM to monitor my first server (Bornholm) and love the insight it provided. I recently setup a second server (Altis) and would like to have ASM running on it too, however I have run into a few road blocks.

1. Whenever I put ASM in the startup parameters of the Altis server, it won't autoinit and start the game. If a client tries to join they just get stuck at the loading screen. RPT file on server and client doesn't show anything out of the ordinary.

2. From what I understand, ASM needs to be run from the same directory as the server you're wanting to monitor. How can I run one instance of the ASM client, but monitor both servers? Have my Bornholm server in Instance 1, and my Altis server in Instance 2?

[Physical Machine with 2 Network Adapters]

[server 1 - (NIC1) 64.46.9.98]

<C:\Servers\Epoch\1-Bornholm\>

-mod=@asm;@Bornholm;@Epoch;@EpochHive; -ip=64.46.9.98 -port=2302 -config=C:\Servers\Epoch\1-Bornholm\SC\config.cfg -profiles=SC -cfg=C:\Servers\Epoch\1-Bornholm\SC\basic.cfg -name=SC -enableHT -malloc=system -autoInit -loadMissionToMemory

[server 2 - (NIC2) 64.46.9.101]

<C:\Servers\Epoch\2-Altis\>

-mod=@asm;@Epoch;@EpochHive; -ip=64.46.9.101 -port=2302 -config=C:\Servers\Epoch\2-Altis\sc\config.cfg -profiles=sc -cfg=C:\Servers\Epoch\2-Altis\sc\basic.cfg -name=sc -enableHT -malloc=system -autoInit -loadMissionToMemory

Thanks in advance!

9 answers to this question

HI,

So you can dump the ASM.pbo into the Addons folder in the root of your A3 server. then you just need to add the ini file and dll file to each severs root A3 folder.  Once you have done this just start the ArmaServerMonitor.exe ( can be any location but root A3 makes sense).

Just start it with the following options on each server. This will start it in server mode allowing 2 client to connect

ArmaServerMonitor.exe -s -n2

Now on your client just start the ArmaServerMonitor.exe with the following. This will start it in client mode and connect to the host (-h) specified. 

ArmaServerMonitor.exe -c -hx.y.z.t

You can also add -p5001 to make the server start on a different port you need to also add that to the client to tell it to connect on that

Unzip this into your Arma3 directory and copy the key into your server key folder (as well as leaving in the @asm folder):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lc4n5672li6o3lh/%40asm.rar?dl=0

I use the normal asm.pbo in the @epochhive folder to monitor my server and the @asm to monitor my hc on the same server.

Thanks for the post.  I finally figured out where I was erring in trying to monitor my HC's and  Server.

I still haven't figured out where asm pulls the 'name' from.  I'm trying to distinguish between two Epoch Servers and two HC's.  The command lines point to the respective profile folders, but it seems the two Epoch servers use SC as the name (even though the folders are not named that way).  Can someone enlighten me?  Thx.

Thanks for the post.  I finally figured out where I was erring in trying to monitor my HC's and  Server.

I still haven't figured out where asm pulls the 'name' from.  I'm trying to distinguish between two Epoch Servers and two HC's.  The command lines point to the respective profile folders, but it seems the two Epoch servers use SC as the name (even though the folders are not named that way).  Can someone enlighten me?  Thx.

In your command line.

-name=SC

Change that to whatever you want. I renamed mine SC-Altis & SC-Bornholm.

In your command line.

-name=SC

Change that to whatever you want. I renamed mine SC-Altis & SC-Bornholm.

Thx. I'll give that a try.  Its interesting though, as the HC's use the string found in "text" in the mission.sqm and also use that as their profile folder name.

Thx. I'll give that a try.  Its interesting though, as the HC's use the string found in "text" in the mission.sqm and also use that as their profile folder name.

You could try the profile folder name. I literally changed anything that was "SC" to "SC-Altis" or "SC-Bornholm". If you do this though make sure to update all references inside other files too.

You could try the profile folder name. I literally changed anything that was "SC" to "SC-Altis" or "SC-Bornholm". If you do this though make sure to update all references inside other files too.

I'd already tried that, but the result was the same.  All servers were SC.   The -name command line switch worked perfectly.  Thanks for the tip.