Client graphics break and Client FPS drop to 10FPS.

Rob2

Hello,

on our server my players and me have client framerate issues in regular intervals.

At the same time the graphics break. See this example:

2015-05-18_00005.jpg

Details are set to high and normally have 40-50 client FPS. When lowering the graphics to the absolute minimum, it is getting more frames, but it is still buggy.

This is a bornholm server with epoch antihack at the moment. However, I have tried to completely disable EAH for one turn, but we still had the issues.

Can you dev's maybe see what's wrong when you looking at the screnshot?

I assume my client install is fine, cause I don't have this problem on a altis server.

BR

Rob

ah so that's why it was unplayable for me. Even though FRAPS showed me I had like 20-30 FPS, it felt like 10-15 all the time. Also server FPS was 20 too. Didnt find the solution in that thread, only ramblings about clouds...was it a "solution"?

I find it a shame that one has to go to extra measures to play on the Bornholm map.

if you don't have -malloc=system  (or whatever memory allocator you wanto use as there are others)  you cannot play on Bornholm due to extremely bad client performance.

Every other map is fine without it except Bornholm all of a sudden.

Doesn't matter if you are on a freshly setup server with nothing but stock Epoch it will drop to a very low FPS and never recover.

What's your CPU at during the first drop of fps? 

Does this look like a engine error or is maybe my graphics card faulty? Anyone had this problem, too? However, should not be my card, cause I just remember other players reported this problme, too. But I don't know a way to reproduce it, yet.

Ah, and I had this problem today on A3E Chernarus, too.

From time to time (not that often, but sometimes) my arma3.exe stops with 0xc0000005 error.

I assume atm infistar causes some client crashs, too. However, I had this problems already before switching to IS.

The CPU (i5) looks like one core is full running.

In bug state:

8hhM3qWb.png

In normal state:

SKxdoKJb.png

PS: I've alt-tab'ed out of the game and did a quick print screen. If you see something strange, maybe it also comes from alt-tab.

BR

Rob

Hi Infistar,

as I said, I had this problem with EAH, with InfiAH and even without AH. The problem is, sometimes you can play hours without that happen, so I don't think that you want to play hours on our (often empty) Bornholm server to hope the bug happens.

However, I think I have just solved another problem by reinstalling (deleting most of the arma 3 directory and revalidate).

So i might had some additional files in my game install dir for whatever reason...

Maybe this problem is related. I know more people, that have this RSC error, so maybe more people have a damaged arma3 install with additional files where revalidate doesn't help.

Unfortunately I have deleted the directory, so a diff is not possible anymore. :(

BR

Rob

Hello,

unfortunately, the issue is still not gone. Yesterday people on my small server had this problem. When I spectate them trough Infistar, I have low FPS, also.

I know, that I had the issue already with stock antihack and also with disabled antihack. And with Infistar, so I would rule out the antihack.

So I thought, I check other Bornholm servers and joined CCG Overpoch Bornholm (additional eMod and Mas Weapons).

Then I was asking if someone know the "Continous FPS drop from 50 to 10" issue and they replied me, that they know it. And malloc system can help sometimes.

I also think, this is the same issue: http://www.epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35058-epoch-bornholm-arma-3-144-is-now-unplayable-low-client-fps

So I started running around and fortunately, on this large server the issue is more easy to reproduce. After 5-10 minutes I got into the bugged state.

I started switching the graphic settings... low, standard, high, ultra.... Interesting thing is, sometimes this elminitaed the bug for a while.

Then I continued running... and the bug occured again. Then I switched from low to ulta and the bug was again gone for a while... But later I was able to switch to what I want, the bug there full time.

My FPS in normal state are 70 for low, around 50 for std./high and around 30 for ultra.... in the bugged state they are 15-20 / 5-10 / 2-5.

If anyone has a hint how to further debug this problem, feel free...

If you wanna try to reproduce it, I would suggest, try playing on CCG Bornholm a little.

Some small video impressions of the problem for this who are interested:

BR

Rob

U have 7 Client FPS. Ur PC doesnt come afterwards with rendering the Map.

Yes, but only in the bugged state. If the bug not occures, my client FPS are fine around 50.... So, how to fix this bug....

• 1 month later...