We need large safes

1Man

We don't need more antagonists, weapons, vehicles, etc what need need is a safe that holds more items securely. I'm all for improving current features but safes are what the players want plus it would help with storage in the database.

Always a good idea to put good suggestions in the Github. 

To Suggest Changes, or to Report Bugs: 

1. Go to https://github.com/E...am/Epoch/issues

2. Review the Open list to make sure your suggestion or Bug is not already existing. 

3. If not existing, Open a new Issue. 

4. If it is a suggestion, put "[suggestion]" in the beginning of your Issue Title, if it is a bug, put "[bUG]". 

5. Provide as much details as you can for the suggestion, including any supporting facts; or if Bug, provide reproduction steps to show how to achieve the bug (if possible), including screenshot/video link etc. 

This is the best way to get things going on tweaks or suggestion for things, as it might not be noticed among the hundreds of posts here each day.

Unlike Bohemia, I don't think Devs are going to be looking at number of people that wants it - if it fits into the plan they have for Epoch, it might be added... although that might not be completely accurate, since I don't know the criteria for what goes in and what does not. :) 

You just have to make them temporary and not sell-able to traders otherwise they will end up being dumped all over the server or being exploited by being sold for vast profit at traders. I have made the ebike worth 1 Krypto and removed it as a standard vehicle spawn.

Don't get it wrong...

This mod needs a lot more than just a safe.

A LOT MORE

Content and fixes

And it has been suggested to get a bigger storage object already.. Lockable or non-lockable.. I could care less.

I'd rather have one storage object than 5 or 10 lockboxes/shelves

You just have to make them temporary and not sell-able to traders otherwise they will end up being dumped all over the server or being exploited by being sold for vast profit at traders. I have made the ebike worth 1 Krypto and removed it as a standard vehicle spawn.

Agree

Make them so you can't sell them and either clean them up at restart or inform the player they can use that item for 10 minutes and it will auto-despawn or whatever time limit you deem.

Craftable ebikes resolve the running issue without having to add additional downloads for players.

Don't want nor need a ebike. Need a bicycle as that's silent. Also I don't run a server choppra so save your snide comments. This is a suggestion thread on needs of epoch and I made one.

Regards.

We don't need more antagonists, weapons, vehicles, etc what need need is a safe that holds more items securely. I'm all for improving current features but safes are what the players want plus it would help with storage in the database.

I really support this feature request... Lockboxes are way to small. Just readd the Safe Model from A2 Epoch, let it have the Storage Space of 20 Lockboxes and add it to the Traders for like 5k or whatever.

I'm playing alone and already have 26 Lockboxes plus about 8 Shelves.. all of them FULL. Can't even imagine the vast amounts of Lockboxes larger Groups must have...

I really support this feature request... Lockboxes are way to small. Just readd the Safe Model from A2 Epoch, let it have the Storage Space of 20 Lockboxes and add it to the Traders for like 5k or whatever.

I'm playing alone and already have 26 Lockboxes plus about 8 Shelves.. all of them FULL. Can't even imagine the vast amounts of Lockboxes larger Groups must have...

I understand the want for a larger storage device. I've never understood the hoarding, however. What on earth does one need with 26 lockboxes and 8 shelves? Once a base is built, how many weapons, how much ammo, how much food and first aid, how many vehicle repair parts can one use in a week? <rhetorical, for thought>

I know server admins will tweak things to give their players what the players (think) they want, but I'd like to see things be a little less "overpoch-ish" and a little more "epoch-ish". The stock game settings offer way too much loot and the recipes are way too "lax".

Just my thoughts and opinion. Another's mileage may vary... :)

I understand the want for a larger storage device. I've never understood the hoarding, however. What on earth does one need with 26 lockboxes and 8 shelves? Once a base is built, how many weapons, how much ammo, how much food and first aid, how many vehicle repair parts can one use in a week? <rhetorical, for thought>

Of course, if you look at it from a logical Standpoint; no one really needs massive amounts of Stuff. You also don't need a Base.. or Vehicles. It's just that the human mind still features a large part of the "hunter and gatherer"-thing.

To be honest i don't even use much of the Stuff i possess. I much prefer to go out only with a Drink, something to Eat, a Small Backpack and a Pistol and see what i can find and loot, or if i can sneak up to a player with my Pistol, kill him and take his stuff. After that i return to my lair, put all the stuff in my secure boxes and go out again. It just is what makes the game fun to play for me. Yes, i'm a hopeless hoarder. :)

You know, if you want more "secure" storage, build a 1 by 1 room with shelves on each wall, and pack them with weapons and loot. Make the door to the room lockable, problem solved. You can literally store more stuff in that than probably a safe.

But then it takes up space in the database within the building and storage so not a good idea! Point is to use less space in the database

Yeah, Safe's do the same thing, even though it's just one safe and not multiple shelves. However, you can put more on multiple shelves than 1 safe. Or just use less shelves. People are bound to have like 10 safe's if they had them anyway. Believe me, i know this from Arma 2 experience.

You can place like 7-8 shelfs on one side of a floor, 3 sides (1 side for gates) and you can have over 20 shelfs in just one 1x1 room. Of course that room should be in the middle of the base, not touching any exterior walls. People just do not know how to place shelfs efficiently. On the other hand, if you place too close to one another, after restart they may move a little bit and become wonky, thus I think it better to make them not touch each other. Of course one big safe box which took like 1x1 floor may be better to some people. I like this idea too.

You can place like 7-8 shelfs on one side of a floor, 3 sides (1 side for gates) and you can have over 20 shelfs in just one 1x1 room. Of course that room should be in the middle of the base, not touching any exterior walls. People just do not know how to place shelfs efficiently. On the other hand, if you place too close to one another, after restart they may move a little bit and become wonky, thus I think it better to make them not touch each other. Of course one big safe box which took like 1x1 floor may be better to some people. I like this idea too.

LOL, a 1x1 room sized safe. That's be insane. I wonder how much metal that would take to make, or, if it were heavy to carry.

Either give players one storage item than can hold a lot of items or tie the shelves/lockboxes into the jammer maintenance.

It's things like this that piss players off and they try this mod for a bit and give up on it because they lost all their shit cuz they don't know you have to dam near constantly take an item off and put it back.