Server stuck at " Starting Epoch ... Please Wait! " help appreciated

boosie

Question

Hey All,

I'm currently trying to get my Epoch Bornholm server up and running. The server starts and reads the mission fine, but after you join/select a slot it just says " Starting Epoch .... Please wait! "

I have launched my ReDis server prior to running the server start batch file, I'm just hitting a roadblock here and don't know how to proceed.

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

In your server config directory something like SC maybe you should have something like

arma3server_2015-05-19_18-21-42.rpt

and

EpochServer.log

What do they say.  If your posting here please use the spoiler tags

[spoiler] HIDE STUFF IN HERE [/spoiler]

In your server config directory something like SC maybe you should have something like

arma3server_2015-05-19_18-21-42.rpt

and

EpochServer.log

What do they say.  If your posting here please use the spoiler tags

[spoiler] HIDE STUFF IN HERE [/spoiler]

I don't use any of the config files in the sc folder, I'm using one in the root of my armaserver directory. Also, for some reason there is no Epoch log, and no .rpt for my server. See this screenshot for how it's setup on my side.

3Xmbhng.png

One thing to check for as your first port of call is to ensure after you start the server that Redis is running and remains running after the server has finished it's startup procedure.

Then if the issue persists ensure that your MpMission folder is consistent with the files and folders that should be present. Another check is making sure you as the client are loading into the game with the correct startup parameters set. If you loadup with missing startup options then the Waiting for Epoch message will appear and you will never load into the game until you fix the issue.

Sadly beyond these basic checks I won't be able to offer further assistance as we can only support our official distributed files via the GTXGaming Network. With that said if you are a customer then by all means open a support ticket and we will run through a full in-depth investigation and will not stop until your issue is resolved and you are happy.

boosie

If you don't have the logs files then nothing any of us can do to help you at this stage. (check your OPTRE_Server folder)

Can I suggest you read the following https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/master/Server_Install_Pack/INSTALL.txt

and make sure you have all the following in your startup (change when needed)

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/master/Server_Install_Pack/start-A3-cmd-line-example.txt

OP... Really ???