esseker

sfxunknown

I keep saying this, AiA needs to be promoted properly on the download page.

The current download page doesn't even explain what you need it for:

LTOdSXT.jpg

agreed

Not to mention it would probably be a good idea for terrain makers to add a tip on the loading page that you need additional content..

Getting players to download the upcoming successor to AiA, CUP Terrain should be much easier. To quote CiforDayZServer in part of a recent post;

Also worthy of note, and not sure if I've announced it prior, CUP_Terrains will be uploaded to the Steam Workshop as well here, Armaholic, and Play With Six.

Everyone should just have AiA at this point, especially if you play Epoch. A lot of maps use it, like Richie said there's not a lot of objects and buildings in stock arma 3, and a lot of people still like some arma 2 assets.

Why would I need AiA if I don't play Chernarus? Also AiA is a joke, 1 useful map and 10 useless junk maps combined together, but hey, you can not have just one map have to download all 7 or 8 GB in order to play this one particular map. Bullshit. A2 textures and models to me now looks pretty terrible.

most of the bloat isnt the extra maps tho... its the fact that to play one map you need to download every single object used in arma 2 if its used on that map... if they want to use arma 2 objects (and im not sure legality on this but since CUP will be splitting stuff im sure its ok) just take all the objects out that you want/like and add them to your map download pack. Yes if you play lots of different maps you may download the same content several times, but it means all the noob players only have to download 1 map file addon and not several addons. (I see why you maca created your own launcher cos it saves alot of the hassle for the casual players) Just wish that BI would enable autodownload of required mods into the game. I might be wrong and it already does this but if a mod is on workshop, just clicking on a server which requires that mod should pop up a message saying that this server requires said mods and they are this size - Would you like to download? Yes/No... Poof. Easy as for any player to join any server. And all a mod creator has to do is put there mods on workshop to be supported.

Why would I need AiA if I don't play Chernarus? Also AiA is a joke, 1 useful map and 10 useless junk maps combined together, but hey, you can not have just one map have to download all 7 or 8 GB in order to play this one particular map. Bullshit. A2 textures and models to me now looks pretty terrible.

Well I mean, if you're cool with every map looking like Altis, sure. Little vegetation, no trees, about 6 types of houses and a couple other buildings, etc. Arma 2 has way more objects. Most people don't want another map that looks like Altis, and a lot of the A2 doesn't look that bad. I'd rather have one larger download than for individual things to be added to each map making that map a larger download, but maybe that's just me since I'm a content hoarder.

Well I mean, if you're cool with every map looking like Altis, sure. Little vegetation, no trees, about 6 types of houses and a couple other buildings, etc. Arma 2 has way more objects. Most people don't want another map that looks like Altis, and a lot of the A2 doesn't look that bad. I'd rather have one larger download than for individual things to be added to each map making that map a larger download, but maybe that's just me since I'm a content hoarder.

I am not cool cool with it, but I would rather have arma 3 objects in arma 3 server, those ported objects are so damn buggy, take office building, firestations etc as an example.... I died countless times just walking down those stairs arma 3.

6 types oh houses or buildings in general? If you are talking about houses and not all building types then that's about 3 or 4 more enter-able houses than there is in A2.

I can think of at least 20 plus different building types... and just because Altis is designed the way it is doesn't mean there is less vegetation and no trees, at least those tress look more realistic than those that are shaped like a triangle object xmas trees...

Arma 2 objects are good for arma 2, and Arma 3 objects for Arma 3; I really hope we see more genuine arma 3 maps that don't require arma 2 objects! AiA or Cup

PS: the only thing that I dislike about Arma 3 is the rocks, they are so damn glitchy comparing to A2 ones.

Every object in A3 is glitchy not just rocks, but yeah yesterday while wandering around I climbed on top of the rocky hill and warped through it and magically appeared on the ground... with -50 health. Construction sites killed me a few times too while going down those stairs. However, objects itself look and feel more realistic. I understand that users want more objects in map, but it still means using outdated houses who look out of place when they are put together with a3 houses. The terrain and grass in A3 looks so much better, in A2 it just becomes too bright for my eyes and of course, like poster above mentioned, trees do not look good.

It is weird that there are no modders who create their own models for A3 maps, and it doesn't have to be every new object model, maybe just few buildings etc. In Epoch for example there is a must now to how cinder blocks and car wrecks scattered around which Altis has (by design), and those ported maps do not and map makers don't do a good job of adding them.

It is weird that there are no modders who create their own models for A3 maps, and it doesn't have to be every new object model, maybe just few buildings etc. In Epoch for example there is a must now to how cinder blocks and car wrecks scattered around which Altis has (by design), and those ported maps do not and map makers don't do a good job of adding them.

Probably because modeling for ARMA is a PITA.

* waves white flag *

Probably because modeling for ARMA is a PITA.

But pita is good, especially with hummus and beer..  * googles pita *

Yeah, I think the biggest problem is that building terrain takes soooooooooo much godamn energy and time that those people cbf to get into modelling on top of that.  Most people aren't doing all this as a full time job lol.  There are a few terrain designers out there who are making some of their own objects, not many though.  On top of that, some people don't want to get involved with putting other peoples' work into their terrain with the way things have been with permissions and profiting and blah blah blah.

We need an Epoch terrain objects development team, ETODT GOGOGO!

yeah update then next day another one... sigh...anyone else seen the random tree branch hovering about 200ft above the canyon near the cave? haha

Update too fast people complain, update too slow they still complain...

You guys make me laugh, its not like its costing you anything to run...