[Release] Overpochins Taviana Server with LOTS and LOTS of mods

No one else is getting "invalid data in db" for some of the new 1.7.9.5 vehicles?  I'm getting it for four vehicles - ori_buchanka, ori_maniac, ori_m3, and ori_ZAZ968M.   I had also posted in the the thread on how to remove the big logo but that thread has been removed.  Someone had suggested that one of the string lengths on the errant vehicles didn't match the database structure, but since the thread is gone, I don't have the details.  Not sure I'd know what to do anyway since I'm not a database person.  I've emptied the table numerous times.   The first time, the vehicles spawn in with the logo.  After reset, the vehicles are gone.

Again, here's the database record for one of them.  

877221383760159 13 ori_buchanka 2015-05-23 21:09:25 2015-05-23 21:14:26 0 [159,[8772.17,13837.6,0.011]] [] [["pluhPredni",0.971],["kolaOchrana",0.387],["oknaOchrana",0.381],["predniOknoOchrana",0.476],["sklo_p1",0.325],["sklo_pl1",0.852],["sklo_pp1",0.224],["sklo_z1",0.439],["sklo_zl1",0.278],["sklo_zp1",0.359],["wheel_1_1_steering",0.55],["wheel_1_2_steering",0.623],["wheel_2_1_steering",0.692],["wheel_2_2_steering",0.69],["wheel_1_3_steering",0.756],["wheel_2_3_steering",0.773],["wheel_1_4_steering",0.411],["wheel_2_4_steering",0.023],["sklo predni P",0.726],["sklo predni L",0.374],["motor",0.8],["karoserie",0 0.93453 0

All vehicles stay spawned in after a reset for everyone?  I've rebuilt a vanilla Overpochins server and only overlaid the server and client files from this thread, making no other changes  and I get the same thing.  I've done this several; times, including re-downloading the files.  I'm at a loss.

OK, so I'm poking around with my limited database expertise.... it looks like the hitpoints  field length is too short for all the values for those particular vehicles.  When I export the hitpoints field from several different venicles, not only do the disappearing vehicles hit the limit for characters in the field (hence getting truncated, resulting in invalid data), they also have quite a number more individual hitpoints.

So for all you database experts, how to I expand the fieldlength for hitpoints? And will that affect the game's ability to process the data?  It seems that if the field could hold all the characters, everything would work.

OK, so I'm poking around with my limited database expertise.... it looks like the hitpoints  field length is too short for all the values for those particular vehicles.  When I export the hitpoints field from several different venicles, not only do the disappearing vehicles hit the limit for characters in the field (hence getting truncated, resulting in invalid data), they also have quite a number more individual hitpoints.

So for all you database experts, how to I expand the fieldlength for hitpoints? And will that affect the game's ability to process the data?  It seems that if the field could hold all the characters, everything would work.

I never had to alter any database the whole time I was running this server configuration.  

I use Navicat.  I see an option to set column width but I suspect that's just for the on-screen view, not the field in the database itself.  I'm going to change that anyway and see what happens.  

But I'm betting it's the fieldlength.  When it first spawns in the vehicles, those that disappear are written into the log with more than 512 characters.   In doing a spot check, it looks like those are the only ones to exceed 512. So it is able to spawn them initially, but the data gets truncated when actually written to the database so when it reads back from the database, the data is invalid.

Another interesting observation - I have max vehicles set to 200 and my dynamic_vehicle.sqf totals up to 362 but my vehicles count in the Infistar admim menu reads 229 (286).  So how is it exceeding 200?  And that's after emptying the object table and restarting the server.

Update:  As suspected, column width adjusts the on-screen view, not the field itself.

I've built servers in the past but notice something on this build that I'd never noticed before.  When I watch my map to see how vehicles are spawning in, the already spawned-in vehicles flash as if the database is cycling through the vehicles every few seconds refreshing them.  I have added in the static spawn location script from Judge Bread to help even out the distribution of vehicles.

Is this normal behavior?  Does anyone else see this?  If it's cycling through, how do I figure out what's causing it because if it isn't supposed to do that, it has to be putting additional load on the server and affecting FPS.

Thanks,

Bob

I don't have any vehicles spawing at all.

All the logs show them being created but they just don't appear. And on the 3rd restart my ATV disappeared.

Works fine otherwise! :D

EDIT: Scratch that, Origin vehicles are here and there. As for the ATV I think I may have simply parked it too close to a trader zone when I logged out so I'm parking well clear now.

I have added SargeAI to it, working well - saw a hero slowing riding a bicycle along a road with a survior walking behind.

First of all I would like to thank all of you for the Support been given so far.

I managed after a couple of fails to get the server/client to run

however I noticed that the plotbuilding does not work on my server. When I spawn a plotpole and build some object (for example wooden walls) near it the plotpole does not find this item. even after waiting a hour it still does not detect it. And once I reboot the server the objects are gone. maybe you guys know how to fix this bug.

I have looked around and I am unable to find a common problem nor fix for this so I am hoping you guys can help me.

Again thanks for the help

Has anyone successfully added in Plot4Life to this server?  My players are clamoring for it but when reading various threads, many people give up because P4L seems like it's difficult to install.  If you have, what version of P4L would I need since I know there are compatibility issues between this and some other scripts (Snap Build Pro and Precise Base Build for example).

with the plotmanagement which is already in it shouldnt be needed..because the plotmanagement gives you the same option... (if you have added yourself to the plot)

maybe someone could improve the plotmanagement so it adds you (the owner) automatically to the list when you build it?

like its done in the doormanagement system where you are added in the list automatically

I've never used either very much on servers I've played since I'm more into the scavenging.   The one thing they tell me that P4L brings that Plot Management doesn't is that they retain ownership of the plotpole after they die and re-spawn back in.  Supposedly with Plot Management, that isn't the case and they have to pick up and re-place the plot pole when they get back to their base.   i don't know if they have to go through the process of adding friends again though.   If Plot Management allows the pole ownership to retain intact, please let me know.  I didn't see anything that specifically stated that.  And the other thing is that they like door management which, I believe, requires P4L, not Plot Management.

Plot Management does the same as P4L, if players have added themselves to the plotpole friends list in top spot. I know, because it wasn't working and I had to get a bit of help to make it work. Also, Door Management has an install fix for those without P4L.

So how does the owner know when maintenance is required?  One put a pole down and built a few things.  Two days later, he sees that there are x objects out of y, but objects to maintain = 0 and cost to maintain = 0.  At what point does the owner know that a maintenance fee must be applied and how much it is?  I hope it doesn't wait until the last day and then >poof< everything despawns.

Don't you know how to set maintenance active on your server? 

The owner knows because when they scroll on their plotpole, it will say :

Objects to maintain : 18

Price to maintain : 38000

Or something similar.

Actually, no.  I hadn't done much with plot poles and the associated scripts before.  But in digging in, I see all kinds of posts in many threads about entries in hiveExt.ini. init.sqf, events, and a few other things.  But they all seem piecemeal and sometimes one partially contradicts another.  I haven't found a post or thread yet that has it stated clearly and concisely.

They're getting objects to maintain = 0 and cost to maintain = 0 regardless of time.  But it does provide a count of actual objects vs total available.

I'm having the same problem with the plot management. (yes ive added myself to the plot)  It does not see the parts.  Says 0 parts in range and 0 parts to maintain. after the set time of decay, parts starting to disappear.   So i turn decay off till i can figure out how to install P4L.  Another thing that P4L brings is the codes for the safes.  Plot management you still need to write down all those codes.  I did manage to get door management working so thats a plus.

But im also having issues with vehicles disappearing after a restart.  Even after they "save" their vehicle, it will still disappear.  If someone has figured this out would be nice to hear your findings.

Duke :)