[Release] Overpochins Taviana Server with LOTS and LOTS of mods

On 11/6/2016 at 5:55 PM, Angrygargamel said:

some players on our server have the problem they spawn in a black box when they use the air insertion (halo jump)  on spawn instead of ground insertion...

any idea how to fix this?

this problem did not always exist... it appeared after a while and is still persistent now...

have you updated infistar by any chance?  This was a issue for a bit when i ran this setup. Infistar was the culprit. Had to revert to the older version at the time. Im sure its been fixed since. its been a while

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First things first : ElDubya I have played several Piggd servers over the years and they have always been outstanding!  Frankly, they were generally the go-to servers for me.  Thank you for your dedication and best wishes on all your future endeavors and health.  I am close to you in age and definitely connect with the shift in priorities.

To all in the community who have worked with this wonderful server template (is that what we ought to call it now?  not sure - but it seems to fit)

I have the server up and running, I may add a few low hanging fruits like locate vehicle, but even though I only played for about an hour there are two things I did not seem to see :

1 - Free spawning vehicles : I do not want them all over the place, but the occasional find is always rewarding - does this config have that enabled and I just have not been lucky?  If not any advice on how to enable that ?

Edit: <Never mind - this was timing and I m finding them>

2 - Roaming AI : I got my butt kicked by a mission appropriately as a server newb, but I never came across patrols, whether that be 2-4 men foot patrols, vehicles patrols or air patrols.  Is that again, because I was not lucky or patient enough or does anyone have advice on how to enable that ?

I tried to read the pages in this thread but frankly once I got the server running, I got all excited, I am sorry if there was an answer I should have seen

Hoping there are others like me who still crave for this old game...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/26/2017 at 8:50 PM, A Man said:

Also, does anyone know or have any instructions on how to apply origins 1.8 without breaking the server? I managed to get it working, but I couldn't solve missing variables/GUI conflict/Origins "Copyright" crap all over UI.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, fouc said:

Hello all !

Does someone have an updated version for 1.0.6.2 (mission and server) ?

I tried to update it by myself but I messed up...

Many thanks for your help ! :)

this uses origins 1795, which was working great with epoch 1051. But epoch 1062 doesnt work well with that version of origins.
Also, the dayzlauncher is supposed to pull the origins 1795 off from its launcher, so players wont be able to connect to servers that run that mod, unless you create a batch file for all your clients to connect.

the newer version of origins some have done it. but Origin DEVs forbid and origins talk in these forums. If you search google, im sure you'll find some forums that do allow you. might let you "open" up "dayz" a bit more lol

GL

1 hour ago, fouc said:

Many thanks for your answer, I used to have servers in the past and would like to play again to arma2... overpochins was my last server 3 years ago !

I'll try with 1.0.5.1 :)

1051 isnt supported anymore and isnt on the launcher. unless you plan to host this privately with a few friends. but you wont get random players join your server.

I already have players :) Don't worry !

The server is up but is crashing randomly without specific messages in the rpt. I'll check that after dinner :)

EDIT : I found the clue... my db was still in 1.0.6.2 sot the cleanup was messing up the server !

58 minutes ago, fouc said:

У меня уже есть игроки :) Не волнуйся!

Сервер работает, но случайно разбивается без конкретных сообщений в rpt. Я проверю это после ужина :)

EDIT: Я нашел ключ ... мой db все еще находился в 1.0.6.2, и очистка была запутана сервером!

можно ваш ip servera

• 7 months later...
On 1/27/2018 at 6:59 PM, theduke said:

this uses origins 1795, which was working great with epoch 1051. But epoch 1062 doesnt work well with that version of origins.
Also, the dayzlauncher is supposed to pull the origins 1795 off from its launcher, so players wont be able to connect to servers that run that mod, unless you create a batch file for all your clients to connect.

the newer version of origins some have done it. but Origin DEVs forbid and origins talk in these forums. If you search google, im sure you'll find some forums that do allow you. might let you "open" up "dayz" a bit more lol

GL

Where is the exact problem between epoch 1062 and origins 1795 or maybe origins 183? Any known Workarounds?

I just came back from a long break of DayZ and I want to build an Overpoch Origins Server, public. I thought these files would be great as a base to begin, because i couldn't find better ones to start with. Now the next step is to update all the used versions to the newest ones. If anyone has some experience and want to help just reply, then i would set up a gitlab to share the project and update it together. Or any suggestions for good scripts, that are missing here?