Server side character reset?

TheOctagon

Question

Hey all,

I have a player who died almost exactly as the server restarted and now can't login. He's hanging up at his inventory screen.

As he's already cleared out the caches on his side, I think perhaps his character data was corrupted and was looking for a way to reset it server side.

Can someone point me at a tutorial or a quick rundown on how to do it? I'm currently running a vanilla Epoch server 0.3.0.3.

I'm learning on the fly so please bear with me...

12 answers to this question

in our Redis DB you can delete some Player

search the Player ID

like this: 

dbname

dbNumber

player

76xxxxxxx/

"all stuff here can be deleted"

Does either the server or this client get any RPT errors?

VBawol,

This authentication failed problem started to occur about 4 days ago beginning with MINE!

Not sure if people just didn't report it or if I was the first to experience it on DP, but NO errors nothing.

I have removed players data for about 6 players and one of them twice.

It seems that something is wrong inside of player data.

Once I clear out Player Data, leaving Group, Bank, Stats alone, the player can get back into the server no problems at all.

However if I was to ask them to log out to lobby and replace their info back into their player data, they again get authentication failed.

The next time this happens I will save their player Data and post it up here so we can pick it apart to see why.

I had this once and as mentioned above, find all reference to them in Redis and delete it, make a note of their crypto and replace it when they relog.

To prevent this happening i used to lock the server 5 minutes before a restart with BEC, if you do that it stops players getting corrupted.

Yeh Have done what dp has but, the server is on a new redisk setup, new files refreshed, and well alot is new. But just really a pain in the a$$ to keep doing this over and over. I would have said something sooner but i have been in the epoch mod devs teamspeak around 15 to 20 times and you never get any help what so ever. Just saying from one of the big epoch servers out there, players keep the mod active but also i am very busy all the time between my company and my servers and i still give my players the time of day because imput is life and showing you care just a little goes along way. But anyways keep up the great work and epoch is way better than exile just to smash the chit chat going around.

Lock the server 5 minutes before a restart and it doesn't happen.

<job id='3'>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <start>035500</start>
        <runtime>000000</runtime>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>#lock</cmd>
    </job>

<job id='3'>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <start>035500</start>
        <runtime>000000</runtime>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>#lock</cmd>
    </job>

Am I right that this line locks the server at 3:55 am, would I need to insert this this into every 4 hour cycle with a different time and id?  ie: 035500 , 075500 , 115500, and so forth?

Am I right that this line locks the server at 3:55 am, would I need to insert this this into every 4 hour cycle with a different time and id?  ie: 035500 , 075500 , 115500, and so forth?

No, what it does is locks the server 3 hrs and 55 mins from when it started, if you wanted set times then insert a time value there.

You can download my example schedular from Here, just change the text and values to what suits.