Epoch Bornholm 0.3.0.3 | 1.44 FPS Drop

Tophi

Yes, Epoch server performance took a massive hit since 0301 Epoch and 1.42 Arma 3, whether it's either or both I don't know, all I do know is on an empty server with over 10000 base items and 200 vehicles, 

with 1 client server fps is 50, until the 5th or so player joins then server fps falls like a stone

I had a dozen players on my server last night after the update and had no server FPS issues at all.  It hovered around ~45 like it always does.  I just checked the history in ASM and it's been solid all night too.  No noticeable dips.

1-5 players 50 server fps

6+ players each player costs server performance by 0.5fps

The reason for this is because Arma3/EpochMod has a lot client dependant threads, as each player joins it loads up the server exponentially.

This has gotten more intense in the last few patches of Arma/Epoch.

I must admit since 1.44 and 0.3.0.3 it has been running much better than the last few patches/updates:

4fqfIQ1.jpg

I have been getting random dips now and then that last for maybe 5-10 minutes though still (down to like 10fps).

I was waiting for another dip to run the new diag_activeSQFScripts command to see if I could see what the cause was:

{diag_log format["diag_activeSQFScripts: %1", str _x]} forEach diag_activeSQFScripts;
I was also wondering, with all the netcode changes in 1.44 should we not be revisiting the basic.cfg and adjusting the network settings?

Did the update to the new version server files last night and for the last 20 hours my server has been going apeshit. FPS dips all over the place. Freezing for as much as 30 seconds, but never crashing. Disabled all the events and it's been fine since. :/

My Bornholm server is running fine. Updated to 1.44 and 0.3.0.3 yesterday and no complaints from my clients. You're more than welcome to log on and test it out.

64.46.9.98:2302

l0lL44h.png

Hope the guys I'm with can sort it out.   He recently did a wipe because of issues a week ago and the server was rock solid for most part after it was back loaded with all the scripts/addon's he had. ie: MAS Weapons/Vehicles etc..

Now it's a nightmare to play on.. FPS drops and sitting at those low FPS has basically cleared out the server. 

The sad part was he didn't load up any scripts and it was still the shits on a vanilla load.

I'm getting the impression Bornholm is a poorly designed map as much as it has a good layout.. it's the shits for performance.

Did the update to the new version server files last night and for the last 20 hours my server has been going apeshit. FPS dips all over the place. Freezing for as much as 30 seconds, but never crashing. Disabled all the events and it's been fine since. :/

Removing the events seems to have helped but I'm having an issue with the HC where it just crashes randomly.

Is there any way to read the bidump files to see what's causing the crash?

Not that I'm aware of, I think I'm going to have to try trial and error removing scripts until I find what's causing it. In the mean time I am running it without the HC and it seems to be coping fine.

Been playing Epoch Bornholm with RHS mods added, after the update it was running horribly.

Was told to paste these launch parameters in ArmA 3 launch options

-noSplash -cpuCount=2  -malloc=system

Frames went from 4 FPS back to a normal 40-90 FPS.

Only problem i have now is when i hit Esc while ingame i get booted, other than that it runs good for me now.

Hope this might help,

Little Bird